Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Grizzlies - Friday, Nov. 8th at 7:00 P.M.

Very good and needed win.  It’s important to win the games that you should.  

Having said that, so far the only teams we’ve beaten are all at the bottom of the standings.  It will be another step forward when we start to beat respectable teams.  Looking forward to seeing that soon. 

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I compared him to Durant a few months ago on this board and was bashed hard. I’m gonna keep calling it, he’s going to be a better defensive Durant once his offense all comes together. I was at the game tonight up close and personal and got to see him beast on Memphis. 

Because what you're describing is the best player of all time. And that's crazy to project someone to be that. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Because what you're describing is the best player of all time. And that's crazy to project someone to be that. 

Not necessarily. Why can’t Issac be that guy with less offense? It isn’t that crazy to think we found a gem and he will live up to be just that. Not calling Durant a slouch on D by any means but Issac is better now at it and he still has plenty of time to improve his craft. The offense will come maybe not as killer as KD’s but his D will more than make up for the lack of offensive prowess KD possesses. 

21 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Isaac's handle needs to improve quite a bit before his offense can  go places. I think a Siakam like progression is possible however.

I think Isaac is still growing into his body which is why he isn’t as smooth like the elite players. It will come with reps because he already breaks defenders down with his crossover so it’s not like his handles aren’t there. I agree it needs to get tighter but he works too hard not to improve in that area. Siakam is a good starting point for offensive purposes but I still see more KD than Siakam in his game if we are being honest. Siakam likes to play in the post at times and JI doesn’t really score from there. Again not saying he ever reaches Durant like numbers on offense but they play the same style and I see a similar career trajectory if everything comes together for him. 

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not necessarily. Why can’t Issac be that guy with less offense? It isn’t that crazy to think we found a gem and he will live up to be just that. Not calling Durant a slouch on D by any means but Issac is better now at it and he still has plenty of time to improve his craft. The offense will come maybe not as killer as KD’s but his D will more than make up for the lack of offensive prowess KD possesses. 

When you say a guy is Durant you're saying he's a 30 ppg 50/40/90 guy. 

Isaac's defense is better than Durant's already but saying he's going to be Durant with better defense is absolutely insane. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Isaac's defense is better than Durant's already but saying he's going to be Durant with better defense is absolutely insane. 

What do you think would be a reasonable expectation for his offense? KG/ Rashard Lewis-ish? Or is that still too high?

12 minutes ago, Odin said:

What do you think would be a reasonable expectation for his offense? KG/ Rashard Lewis-ish? Or is that still too high?

I have no idea what his offense is going to be. It's way too early in this process to know. But I don't think either is unreasonable. 

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think you misunderstood what I was tryna say. I’m saying his offense is Durant like and he can continue to develop in that way. His defense is already better I’m just making an offensive comparison between the 2 players. KD’s shot is a lot smoother but I see a lot of similarities in their offensive games.