Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Mavericks - Wednesday, Nov. 6th at 8:30 P.M.

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Honestly put anyone on the trade block besides JI and Fultz. Right now those are the only guys that look like they have futures here. Everyone else is expendable. 

Yeah.

But fwiw Robbins is adamant that we love how Isaac and Gordon fit together and he'd be shocked if he was moved this year. 

We're going to be patient with fultz, Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba. I doubt we'll break that up this year. 

32 minutes ago, harley said:

I just think the money could have been spent on a shooter. We have enough defense first power forwards on roster. He isn’t horrible from the 3 but his long range 2 attempts are pretty frustrating. He needs to iron that out. He’s another one I hope is moveable trade time. 

I think that's a lot of poster's problem on this board. They pick out individual traits of a player that in the grand scheme of things mean very little to the overall player that they are. Basketball isn't as simple as 1 thing makes you bad or ineffective. We should be looking at players from a wide scope. Having a mashup of just good shooters and just good defenders and so forth is not how you build a winning team. You need guys who do a lot of things well.

This is not an attack on you just a general observation of how some people evaluate players on this team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah.

But fwiw Robbins is adamant that we love how Isaac and Gordon fit together and he'd be shocked if he was moved this year. 

We're going to be patient with fultz, Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba. I doubt we'll break that up this year. 

To be fair, our defense is usually scary good when Isaac and Gordon are on the floor together. That's why Aminu makes sense. We can play the same way without the massive dropoff. Gordon shouldn't be untouchable, but how he fits with Isaac makes him VERY valuable to this team. Fultz showed last night how well he can fit into that defensive potential. We need what we've all known we needed: upgrades at 2 and 5. But mostly at 2.

Vuc can at least offset his defensive troubles with offense (now, if he can't figure out how to get back to last year's production on that end, he's an albatross, but hopefully he starts hitting 3's again, which will do the trick I think). Fournier needs to be our sixth man. I've been calling for that for years, and it needs to happen. He's a hard worker who CAN do a lot offensively, albeit inconsistently. He's better than Ross, I think, because of his more varied offensive game. We should have drafted Mikal Bridges. We might be beating teams 90-85, But that defense would be stifling. We'd be like the Thibs-era Bulls, but hopefully healthier. And with the Fultz/Rose comparisons...

20 minutes ago, LaVar said:

he is a cancer. 

Yep. I'll say one good thing about Miami, is that they work pretty hard on their culture of blood, sweat and tears. And they haven't been able to stop him self-destructing ultimately. If they can't handle him, who can?