Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Mavericks - Wednesday, Nov. 6th at 8:30 P.M.

1 minute ago, LaVar said:

I am not a Mo fan. Bogdanovic is more of a sg/sf. He has not shot well this year but I like him. I am not giving up a pick. We would need the pick. There is a big age difference between mo and bodgdanovic. Though I dont like mo, I dont want to get older. He is one of our young pieces. If we get a 1st round pick. I would do it. Otherwise, I would pass. 

Ross and Fournier are better than Bogdanovic. 

I don't know why we'd want Fournier 2.0

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So did Gordon act out at the end of the game because he's pissed at his teammates?

No

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't know why we'd want Fournier 2.0

I really dont want fournier 2.0, but I am not a moe fan. I would not mine the 1 rounder and bogdanovic. Fournier contract is also coming up. He could opt out this summer. 

5 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I really dont want fournier 2.0, but I am not a moe fan. I would not mine the 1 rounder and bogdanovic. Fournier contract is also coming up. He could opt out this summer. 

We still need more time to figure out what Mo is. He makes a lot of mistakes but his on court impact is still really good

15 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So did Gordon act out at the end of the game because he's pissed at his teammates?

Went 9-11 in the first half with the offense being deliberately run through him. The third quarter he had no offense run through him and all 4 shot attempts was someone dumping it off to him with 3 seconds left on the shot clock forcing him to take contested jumpers. He didn't get a legitimate fga until 2 minutes left in the game. 

Combination of that and the previous foul probably. That second foul was so blatant that it was clearly frustration. Where that frustration truly came from who knows.

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Combination of that and the previous foul probably. That second foul was so blatant that it was clearly frustration. Where that frustration truly came from who knows.

Yeah and I think he got multiple situations in the second half where he drove into the paint and got fouled and they said he wasn't in the act of shooting

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Went 9-11 in the first half with the offense being deliberately run through him. The third quarter he had no offense run through him and all 4 shot attempts was someone dumping it off to him with 3 seconds left on the shot clock forcing him to take contested jumpers. He didn't get a legitimate fga until 2 minutes left in the game. 

I think it is more on coaching. The coach does not seem to tell the team to ride plays until they are stopped. It is my main issue with fultz. If you are calling fultz our best playmarker and perpetrator why are you giving Fournier (the black hole ) the ball. Why is fultz crossing half court, passing, and sitting in the corner? 

The coach needs to make sure we are feeding the hot hand and giving the players with the best playmaking ability the ball.  Our best player makers have been vuc, fultz, gordan, and MCW. 

I am still waiting on ross to show up and Evan to pass more.

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah and I think he got multiple situations in the second half where he drove into the paint and got fouled and they said he wasn't in the act of shooting

plus on charge was a bad call. 

12 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Load up the tank thread 

still early. We looked good last night. We just need to hit more shots and to mesh with fultz. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That last play was so weird though. Guys do that exact same thing out of frustration all the time. It's a regular thing. To do it with 10 seconds left or whatever it was is just...I don't know. 

What's worse? That play or arguing with your coach on the sideline or subliminaly calling out teammates or getting a T after the 1st foul.

I think I rather the the 1st two choices. That play loses us the game while the 1st two choices don't affect the game and get rectified because those things happen on every team. 

I think it's the worst thing he has done in a Magic uniform. Which means little but still. 

The shooting thing is just really unfortunate and I can't get over it.  Everyone having career-worst slumps simultaneously leads us to a 2-6 start rather than a 5-3, 6-2, 7-1 start.  

The worst part for me with these shooting woes going on has been just flat out knowing that we have essentially 0 chance of making an important crunch time go-ahead basket right now.  Even with the ball and only a 1 point deficit last night I didn't ever feel like we were going to score.  We've wilted in crunch time now in every loss except Milwaukee, which was a blowout. 5 of 6 losses with a chance to win late!  Let's recap:

Atlanta -- Tie game, 1:30 left.  Fournier missed 3.  Vucevic blocked at the rim by Huerter (my god).  Fournier missed 3.  Game.
Toronto -- Up 1, 3:03 left.  Ross missed 3.  Fultz missed 3.  Toronto now up 97-91.  Game.
Denver -- Down 1, 3:00 left.  We get a steal, but then Isaac runs into Fultz to create our own turnover in transition.  Next possession we dribble around doing nothing, Fournier ends up with the ball with 4 left on the shotclock, and instead of trying to do anything, jacks a 32 footer -- brick.  Isaac missed 3.  Fournier makes 2.  Now we're down 3 with the ball, but Vooch commits on offensive foul.  Game.
OKC -- Down 1, 4:40 left.  Gordon missed 3.  Markelle turnover.  Gordon offensive foul.  Now down 8 with 1:56 left.  Game.
Dallas -- we all saw what happened.

We were supposed to make progress in late game execution after last year.  Instead, so far this team looks like the early Tobias/Oladipo teams that found ways to lose on so many occasions.  And it is just made so much worse knowing that even if we shot "below average" rather than "historically awful", we might be in position to be able to make these mistakes and still win.