Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Thunder - Tuesday, Nov. 5th at 8:00 P.M.

37 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

I check this forum out every now and then and continue to be amazed at how surprised so many are about the state of the team. I've said it a million times, no team giving Fournier and AG significant minutes is ever going to amount to anything. Fournier is complete garbage and always has been, and AG is nothing more than an energy role player off the bench. I said that when we drafted him and he has still yet to prove me wrong.

I get that everyone's angry after a loss, but really? AG is an energy role player OFF THE BENCH? He might be an energy role player, but he's far from a bench player. If he's just a role player, he's one of the better 'just a role player' guys in the league, starters included. Role players are important. His role, if he is completely done growing as a player, seems to be a defense and opportunistic offense guy, which is very valuable if he can do it effectively (all signs are that he can). Also, even Fournier is a solid bench player, not complete garbage (he was bad tonight, but that's why he shouldn't be starting; but he plays well enough consistently enough to earn solid minutes even on a good team).

I can’t think of one other NBA player that can make 0 field goals and suck on Defense and still get to be an NBA starter and close out the game on a nightly basis. What is it with the love affair with Fournier.

5 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I can’t think of one other NBA player that can make 0 field goals and suck on Defense and still get to be an NBA starter and close out the game on a nightly basis. What is it with the love affair with Fournier.

Jamal Murray had a 0-9 game last year. 

But yeah. I don't know why we went with him tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Jamal Murray had a 0-9 game last year. 

But yeah. I don't know why we went with him tonight. 

He has had several games like this over the years, he’s not a bad bench player but I just don’t understand why he is our perennial starting 2 guard. Real question, would he be a long term starter on any other team?

12 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

He has had several games like this over the years, he’s not a bad bench player but I just don’t understand why he is our perennial starting 2 guard. Real question, would he be a long term starter on any other team?

I think he could be a long term starter on a lot of teams. Some of them even good teams. The real problem with Evan Fournier is not even really Evan Fournier. It's how this team uses him. He should be used more like Gordon, letting the game come to him mostly, and feeding him when he's hot. Instead, we let him run the offense. Hopefully Fultz will overtake that.

48 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

It’s got me *****ed. We’re gonna have to wait it out with him though cos there is no way another team will be dumb enough to trade for him

• Downvote 1

The more I think about the sheer volume of missed open shots from pretty much everyone, the more confused I get.  How?  Everyone all at once?

8 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The more I think about the sheer volume of missed open shots from pretty much everyone, the more confused I get.  How?  Everyone all at once?

It's called the Fournier effect.  Google it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1