Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Thunder - Tuesday, Nov. 5th at 8:00 P.M.

I don’t understand this! We brought back the same team + Fultz and a healthy Bamba, added the Chief, many of them stayed in Orlando this summer,  youth improvement/strength  and continuity.
I’m afraid our defense will start slipping as we collect losses. We’re looking like a lotto team right now. I’m not ready to panic, but definitely have concerns. 

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

You can’t win in today’s NBA shooting 3-22 from three no matter how good the defense is. We need a legit #1, night in and night out, scoring option. This is gonna be a long ****’in season 

We absolutely could have won tonight even with that shooting if Vuc and Evan didn't go 4-17 from 2

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

The "defense only" guys had 61 points on 23/45 shooting from the field. 

I think the question is how much of this is regression and how much of this is just cold shooting. 

I don’t think we’ll sustain this cold shooting, but if Ross and Vuc both have major regressions, that kind of hamstrings our team

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We absolutely could have won tonight even with that shooting if Vuc and Evan didn't go 4-17 from 2

Even if we had the point remains. You just can’t win games in today’s NBA with that kind of shooting. I could kick the goddamn ball in 3 out of 22 times 

12 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I don’t understand this! We brought back the same team + Fultz and a healthy Bamba, added the Chief, many of them stayed in Orlando this summer,  youth improvement/strength  and continuity.
I’m afraid our defense will start slipping as we collect losses. We’re looking like a lotto team right now. I’m not ready to panic, but definitely have concerns. 

We started 2-6 last year with a worse team and an easier schedule. We should be able to figure it out. Sucks that the Fultz trade is looking like a massive win and everybody else (outside of JI) has gotten worse

Fultz needs more minutes, 24 isn’t acceptable. Also, if Ross and/or Fournier keep being garbage then we need to give Wes a chance. We have the depth for Clifford to make in game rotation adjustments for a spark when guys are playing as poorly as our guys have been playing.

6 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I think the question is how much of this is regression and how much of this is just cold shooting. 

I don’t think we’ll sustain this cold shooting, but if Ross and Vuc both have major regressions, that kind of hamstrings our team

It would be unprecedented regression from Ross. Even if you completely remove last year (and the injury year because that's not really representative of his play) he's a 10.4 ppg player on 38% three point shooting over the previous 4 seasons. 

And I fully expected Vucevic to regress to normal levels but he's having the worst season he's ever had as a magic player at least on offense. 

Ok so my 2 cents are with the D. AG or Issac can surely guard Gallinari on the wing to get him to score less than 10 points. SGA is a good player but again surely a person who has been in the league long enough (I assume it was Fournier guarding him) could pressure him better. CP3 turned like 50 this year didnt he couldnt he be stopped from scoring 20 points? As for the shooting the guy who (again been mentioned) are supposed to be consistent shooters were poor. Maybe Clifford needs to go back to simple drills like shooting under pressure and smart shot selection. Strip it back and go back to basics just run screen and rolls or run motion where everyone is moving to a good shooting spot. 

16 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

I check this forum out every now and then and continue to be amazed at how surprised so many are about the state of the team. I've said it a million times, no team giving Fournier and AG significant minutes is ever going to amount to anything. Fournier is complete garbage and always has been, and AG is nothing more than an energy role player off the bench. I said that when we drafted him and he has still yet to prove me wrong.

Saying Gordon is a bench player shows a pretty naive view of basketball.