Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Bucks - Friday, Nov. 1st at 7:00 P.M.

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

After trying to clarify my point like 12 different ways you're still misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. 

My post isn’t a direct response to your earlier posts. 

If Isaac plays tomorrow night, we will win the game. I know that they have shown us no reason to think that we can beat a good team, but I just think our pride will kick in.

I get the feeling that we will hang around .500 for the rest of 2019. We have not shown any desire to make anything easy for ourselves. The coaches might have wanted a fast start and to build some cushion in the standings, but the team doesn't want to work that hard until they have to.

Cliff needs to give up on his 10-man rotation and just find two units that work. Some people might need to move to the bench and the veterans like Ross (and others) need to be held accountable by playing reduced minutes.

In every clip of practice I have seen, Cliff talks about being better in the playoffs or doing x, y, and z in the playoffs, and were playing like it's a foregone conclusion that we are going to make it. They need to stop talking playoffs and get back to improving as a team and learning to win with team basketball. Not everyone on this team is focused on the team first and it show. Cliff needs to go about this season differently because if desire to improve doesn't push us to win games  then the pride of our players has to kick in some time.

Unfortunately, it looks like we might need to make a trade to wake these guys up. If that is the case, we might be in a huge hole before we find the right trade. Something does need to change very soon or we will have to change the cast and some of the roles.

Aminu should not be taking all of Iwundu's minutes because Wes was a big part of our success and our defense down the stretch. Don't know what the thinking is when Wes has done nothing but improve.   

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Backup Center does nothing for us.  We need to move Fultz to the starting lineup and have Dj run an actual offensive set and prevent Ross from shooting an ill advised shot everytime down the court. He also gives us another 3pt shooter when teams focus on stopping the big brick.  This is even more important when Bamba is out of the lineup as he's a decent 3pt shooter. Fultz should help create some easy buckets for Gordon/Isaac as well.

Well, we probably would be trading a Center to get a scorer and Birch is really not good enough to be the main backup with some of the other options we might be able to trade for.

Fultz will eventually be starting, but his play still has to improve before we can start him. When Fultz makes some more 3's and gets his conditioning up enough to finish the season once he has the job. Fultz is doing great when considering where he was a year ago, but he still has a ways to go before he is a better option than Augustin. You're scenario might work with Fultz when his shot is falling, he is able to outperform DJ night in and night out, and after he has proven his health over a significant number of games. But, until Fultz is to that point, the easy fix is just to tell Ross to reign it in and get Iwundu out there for some of his minutes. If Ross doesn't listen, play Iwundu in his place. If you trade for a scorer and manage to keep Ross, he would really have to listen to the coaches if he wants to play at all.      

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Aside from the start, a very poor showing. Gotta love Cliffs directness. Let’s not forget they were without HORFORD. We got problems.

Horford is on Philly dude 

I’d put up Bamba  or Vooch. They can take their pick in exchange I want Mikal Bridges, DLo, Romeo Langford or Luke Kennard.  We should go hard for Bridges he’s hardly getting much burn at Phoenix. Man all these other teams have so much more offensive firepower than us. Oh and trade Ross for ANYTHING !!!

2 hours ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

I'm Emotionally invested but no longer Financially invested. I refuse to financially support mediocrity and Mickey Mouse Mis-management.

Have you seen what Disney has been doing? Mickey Mouse management would be a blessing.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I think I figured out what happened tonight.  Too much trick or treating by our young guys last night.  The lack of sleep and eating too much candy made them sluggish.  

I’m sticking with this explanation.  

Too many milk duds 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MagicJED said:

Well, we probably would be trading a Center to get a scorer and Birch is really not good enough to be the main backup with some of the other options we might be able to trade for.

Fultz will eventually be starting, but his play still has to improve before we can start him. When Fultz makes some more 3's and gets his conditioning up enough to finish the season once he has the job. Fultz is doing great when considering where he was a year ago, but he still has a ways to go before he is a better option than Augustin. You're scenario might work with Fultz when his shot is falling, he is able to outperform DJ night in and night out, and after he has proven his health over a significant number of games. But, until Fultz is to that point, the easy fix is just to tell Ross to reign it in and get Iwundu out there for some of his minutes. If Ross doesn't listen, play Iwundu in his place. If you trade for a scorer and manage to keep Ross, he would really have to listen to the coaches if he wants to play at all.      

The best lineup is Fultz-Fournier-Gordon-Isaac-Vucevic. Our starting lineup currently has a negative net rating. Augustin-MCW-Ross-Aminu-Bamba currently has a positive net rating. We’re a better team when Fultz is starting— not necessarily because of Fultz being better than DJ, but because of how each 5 players play together.

Fultz-MCW-Ross-Aminu-Bamba is -30.4. Switching Augustin in for Fultz, the lineups net rating is 3.6. The difference is too drastic for us not to make the switch.

You don’t even have to change the minutes for each other since they’re typically  splitting the minutes down the middle, 24 a piece. Just maximize the minutes of those two lineups by starting Fultz and having DJ lead the 2nd unit, rather than continuing to play two bad lineups 

Edited by 3rd Quarter Collapse
  • Upvote 1

I think offensively we’re getting drawn into the league trend of just shooting garbage 3’s at volume, and it doesn’t work with our playing style. We need to get back to a more inside/outside game; pick and roll based. We can’t afford to shoot dozens of tough 3’s a game to satisfy analytics. Takes the sting out of what we try to defensively. 

Ouch! I am scratching my head, trying to figure out what happened here. After just watching it on the DVR, on the surface, it seems like a case of our bench being simply outplayed and like a maelstrom once it got going, pulled everyone down with it. It looked like a lot of standing around flatfooted and disorganization, too, but that probably is just a symptom. Right now, I am going to chalk it up to a" just one of those nights" type of games, but it's definitely something we need to keep an eye on. How we respond tonight is key. 

9 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Aside from the start, a very poor showing. Gotta love Cliffs directness. Let’s not forget they were without HORFORD. We got problems.

I was at the game and couldn’t understand why we went away from what was working in the 1st quarter. We were doing a high pick and roll with DJ and Vuc on Bledsoe and DJ was torching him or dumping it off to Vuc at Will. Why Clifford went away form that and instead elected to continue to jack up Ill advised shots is beyond me. So frustrating when you see the potential with this team but feel the coaching staff could be limiting them with the types of offensive sets they allow for such long stretches. I’ll take an efficient 2 point shot any day over these contested 3 point shots we are jacking up. Our D is more than capable of making up for that 1 point we are missing out on every time we make a 2 point shot. Just some angry thoughts after having to endure that game live and watching us come out so strong in the 1st quarter.