Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, Oct. 30th at 7:00 P.M.

Just now, TRoss43 said:

Honestly...how would you know? There hasn't been an offensive set on the 2nd unit in two years! I love the ability of Ross to single-handedly shoot us back into a game. Problem is...he doesn't know the difference in providing a spark and letting the game coming to him. He's obviously been instructed to bomb away. I think getting the ball out of his hands and letting Fultz/Bama start working some pick-and-roll stuff with Ross spotting up more would make a big difference for consistency. We know what we have on our starting group minus JI. His ceiling is still ahead of him. We need to find out what Fultz and Bamba can do. With Ross running with them, that growth will be stagnated.

Because he has no low-post game and camps out behind the 3pt line. Are you actually watching the games? You can’t just ask a guy who’s skill set is roaming behind the arc to suddenly become the facilitator of the offense. It doesn’t work that way 

Ross is frustrating, but I think a sizable portion of the success he had last year was hitting these difficult shots coming off of pin downs and such. He’s doing the same thing right now, he’s just not shooting them in rhythm. 

I think Ross would be smart to hit a spot up 3 first or to try and warm up by driving inside the 3 point arc first and hitting some easier shots in order to get a better rhythm .

Ross not taking the shots he’s shooting hurts his game. He just has to be more aware of the game situationally and have a smarter offensive strategy to get in rhythm.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Because he has no low-post game and camps out behind the 3pt line. Are you actually watching the games? You can’t just ask a guy who’s skill set is roaming behind the arc to suddenly become the facilitator of the offense. It doesn’t work that way 

Well its kinda like Vuc's development in reverse. Vuc didn't have the 3 in his game but now plays hi-low as good as any big in the league. Don't you think Bamba has the skills to develop a respectable low-post game? That's why I continue to use the word "develop". Also again...I'm not saying Bamba needs to become the "scorer" for the 2nd group but I believe he could develop into I guy that has to be doubled on the block which would lead to better shots. He's a big, athletic dude and can shoot. He's already a plus shooter from range and as he becomes more aggressive, he will be formidable around the block. Part of his timidity IMO is because he has Ross firing away and he doesn't look to get actively involved at times. That's a coaching thing.

Good win and we can play so much better on offence. Isaac is unreal on defence. We all just need to be patient and let these guys settle in to the season. We have a very good team here. Just wait and see! 

Last night was a pretty good benchmark for what we should expect from our offense every night. 106.7 offensive rating. 12/32 on threes. 7 turnovers. 

I'd like to get the pace back up but as long as Gordon and Ross are struggling (and Gordon was struggling big-time until his 10 4th quarter points) we need to cater to Vucevic. That means slower basketball. 

Defense is still fantastic. Isaac is pretty close to leading the league in blocks per game. Second to Davis and Davis has played 20 more minutes.