Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, Oct. 30th at 7:00 P.M.

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The evidence is last year's team where they averaged marginally better than those numbers over 82 games. 

Let’s hope it carries over to this year.  Our offense has been much worse than that so far, but it’s still extremely early.  

Anyway, on to the next game thread!

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Let’s hope it carries over to this year.  Our offense has been much worse than that so far, but it’s still extremely early.  

Anyway, on to the next game thread!

Our offense, shooting wise, has been unsustainably bad. There is almost no way the team as a whole continues to be so inefficient.

For context, the worst team EFG% wise in the last 10 years was the Charlotte Bobcats in the 2011-2012 season (AKA the season where they went 7 and 59 and were one of the worst teams in history). Their average was 43.9% EFG. Currently, ours is 44.8%. The next few closest are around 46% EFG. (3 more charlotte teams, 1 lakers team, and one Nets team). The average EFG% of teams has pretty much only been going up in recent years. Somehow we have 5 major players who are at least average offensively performing way below their standards (Ross, Vuch, Gordon, Aminu, and Augustin).

And I think in the NBA offense is a little contextual. Are we really playing bad on offense, or are shots just not going in?

Of course, our defense is also not going to remain where it is, so our offense will need to improve. (I am not saying we will not remain one of the best defenses in the league, just that we aren't going to be able to sustain opponents shooting 41% from the field and 26% from three).

Final weird point that I didn't realize until doing research. Fultz is currently 4th on the team in total shots and 3rd in efficiency.

5 hours ago, Odin said:

Our offense, shooting wise, has been unsustainably bad. There is almost no way the team as a whole continues to be so inefficient.

For context, the worst team EFG% wise in the last 10 years was the Charlotte Bobcats in the 2011-2012 season (AKA the season where they went 7 and 59 and were one of the worst teams in history). Their average was 43.9% EFG. Currently, ours is 44.8%. The next few closest are around 46% EFG. (3 more charlotte teams, 1 lakers team, and one Nets team). The average EFG% of teams has pretty much only been going up in recent years. Somehow we have 5 major players who are at least average offensively performing way below their standards (Ross, Vuch, Gordon, Aminu, and Augustin).

And I think in the NBA offense is a little contextual. Are we really playing bad on offense, or are shots just not going in?

Of course, our defense is also not going to remain where it is, so our offense will need to improve. (I am not saying we will not remain one of the best defenses in the league, just that we aren't going to be able to sustain opponents shooting 41% from the field and 26% from three).

Final weird point that I didn't realize until doing research. Fultz is currently 4th on the team in total shots and 3rd in efficiency.

Welp, we didn’t start fixing it tonight.