Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, Oct. 30th at 7:00 P.M.

37 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last night was a pretty good benchmark for what we should expect from our offense every night. 106.7 offensive rating. 12/32 on threes. 7 turnovers. 

I'd like to get the pace back up but as long as Gordon and Ross are struggling (and Gordon was struggling big-time until his 10 4th quarter points) we need to cater to Vucevic. That means slower basketball. 

Defense is still fantastic. Isaac is pretty close to leading the league in blocks per game. Second to Davis and Davis has played 20 more minutes. 

Didn’t watch last night...How did he get those 10 points? 

45 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Didn’t watch last night...How did he get those 10 points? 

Mostly 3's and a putback. I know some disagree with me, but I have been saying that I think AG is best as a three and D player. To me, there is no shame in that, and he showed last night that he can still have an impact on the game if he plays that way. I have been hard on him this season, but I have to give him props. We need some dogs out there, especially late in the game. Defensively we are pretty darn good, but we probably wouldn't have won if he didn't step up on offense in a major way in the 4th.

35 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Mostly 3's and a putback. I know some disagree with me, but I have been saying that I think AG is best as a three and D player. To me, there is no shame in that, and he showed last night that he can still have an impact on the game if he plays that way. I have been hard on him this season, but I have to give him props. We need some dogs out there, especially late in the game. Defensively we are pretty darn good, but we probably wouldn't have won if he didn't step up on offense in a major way in the 4th.

I think he is more than a 3 and D player- good at bringing the ball up the court and doing secondary facilitating, but not a #1 option.

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

He facilitates well enough to not be a 3 and D player. Those are guys who just camp out in the corners. 

His problem this season (until the first half of this game when it got bad) isn't that he was playing outside of his game. He was just missing shots. A role change isn't necessary. He just needs to make the shots he's taking. 

After watching 3 of the 4 games, i can tell we will be alright if we start hitting shots.I think the most important things i have seen in order;

Fultz showing skills. Obviously we needed this one to hit.Needed another ball handler badly, if he turns into a scorer....sky's the limit.

Isaac looking like he is our most talented player.We need him more then anything to take a leap, like Siakam.

Fournier getting his shot back. Needed this to happen, could be biggest difference from last year.

Health. A Week in we are still healthy. Lot's of injuries around the league already.Ross and Gordon have regressed badly, but if they are healthy they can turn it around.

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Whoops. Had Isaac in the brain. 

Here's Gordon

AG can be a really good 2nd option. I think when Fultz becomes a starter, it’ll put it all in place.

14 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

AG can be a really good 2nd option. I think when Fultz becomes a starter, it’ll put it all in place.

That's the hope. 

And if not that specifically, a group of 4 solid scorers who you wouldn't consider any a real "2nd option" but everybody giving you 15ppg with fultz handling end of game creation duties. 

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He facilitates well enough to not be a 3 and D player. Those are guys who just camp out in the corners. 

His problem this season (until the first half of this game when it got bad) isn't that he was playing outside of his game. He was just missing shots. A role change isn't necessary. He just needs to make the shots he's taking. 

I get what you mean and obviously, you know more about basketball than I do. I am not saying that he has to just camp out behind the 3, but we have others who are better at facilitating than he is and until he can show more consistency when he is asked to create it might be better if he played toward his strengths. I am not saying he won't get there. I just don't think it should be a priority. What's better for our team? AG (the glove) who becomes a lockdown defender and solid 3 point shooter, or a good defender who is inconsistent on offense because he is too tired to finish at the rim? 

Also, I just realized that you think AG's ceiling is higher than the player I am describing and perhaps the only way to get there is for him to continue to try and execute during the games. I am not giving up on AG. He is one of my favorites. I guess I am just thinking about how I think he can better help the team and not about his individual stats, etc.