Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Knicks - Wednesday, Oct. 30th at 7:00 P.M.

4 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Interesting that Clifford went away from playing Fultz in the final 2 minutes. Wonder if this means anything or if it’s more matchup-based

Yeah, Clifford has said they’ll likely split minutes and he’d ride it out based on how they’re playing and matchups. It’s neither something nor anything. It’s hard to believe what a mess TRoss is at the moment. This stretch will hopefully humble him into reeling in the crazy shot selection, which has just been awful 

So, on the plus side, we are crazy good defensively like ridiculous good (aside from the last 4 seconds of a quarter ;P) There was a lot of selfish play going on in that 1st half and i'm pretty sure that heated discussion between Clifford and Fournier was over that.

Vooch struggled with his shot first half but was taking good shots and they started falling second half.

Isaac is a beast. Don't need to say much more than that.

Ross, really bad, ice cold and bad shot selection for the most part.

I would like to see Fultz start to be more assertive and run more plays instead of dumping it off once he's brought the ball up the court. I think thats more Clifford than Fultz though.

Ross should have his green light revoked and made to play within the confines of a set offensive rotation. This is a stereo-typical win for us. Good team defense with Vuc carrying us down the stretch. These games will be 20+ point wins when AG/Ross/Fournier have decent to above decent shooting nights. We will loose our fair share when they have offensive games like tonight. It's Vuc and then I would argue JI is making a push to be our 2nd offensive option right now. Fournier thinks its him but Cliff needs to make him think otherwise. Fultz will be a question mark for much of the first half of the season, especially on offense. The 2nd group needs to start running offense through Bamba more.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Bamba is not ready to have the offense run through him. Fournier will not pass to anyone but Vuch but this is nothing new

Bamba was never picked for the offense to run through him. He will likely never be ready for that. 

Still just a bit over 40 percent from the floor - defense improving - with all the negatives and inconsistencies we’re playing 500 ball! Tough couple of games coming up - will hopefully show improved intensity and teamwork!! When ball starts going in the basket (especially Ross) we should be fine!!!

I referred to the 2nd group running more through him on offense i.e. inside-out where Ross isn't shooting contested 3's every time down. I'm not saying he needs to shoot more but I believe he can facilitate a more repeatable efficiency for that group than what we have now. 

5 minutes ago, TRoss43 said:

I referred to the 2nd group running more through him on offense i.e. inside-out where Ross isn't shooting contested 3's every time down. I'm not saying he needs to shoot more but I believe he can facilitate a more repeatable efficiency for that group than what we have now. 

He can’t facilitate anything on any unit at this point in time 

Love me some Jonathan Isaac!

Don't know why so many of you won't give Evan credit for the strong start he has had. Glad to see Vuc bounce back. Vuc is living up to his contract. It's Ross who thinks that he is some great shooter who can just freelance now that he got paid and he is hurting the second unit with poor shooting and shot selection. Even better to see Gordon, Aminu, and Bamba show signs of life. 

Not liking the banishment of Iwundu, especially when Ross and MCW need to be on the bench. Cliff has such a man crush on the two of them that they might as well flank him while riding the pine. MCW does have his moments, but he should only be in there when we need a stop to win or are really far behind against a team with less than average offense. Iwundu can score enough that you must respect him, plus his movement and lockdown defense cause most players and coaches fits. Isaac and Gordon can each slowdown a scorer, but Chief and Bamba (on good days) can only defend slower big guys. We need Iwundu to guard 1-3 against the more potent teams, like the Bucks  on Friday!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MagicJED said:

Love me some Jonathan Isaac!

Don't know why so many of you won't give Evan credit for the strong start he has had. Glad to see Vuc bounce back. Vuc is living up to his contract. It's Ross who thinks that he is some great shooter who can just freelance now that he got paid and he is hurting the second unit with poor shooting and shot selection. Even better to see Gordon, Aminu, and Bamba show signs of life. 

Not liking the banishment of Iwundu, especially when Ross and MCW need to be on the bench. Cliff has such a man crush on the two of them that they might as well flank him while riding the pine. MCW does have his moments, but he should only be in there when we need a stop to win or are really far behind against a team with less than average offense. Iwundu can score enough that you must respect him, plus his movement and lockdown defense cause most players and coaches fits. Isaac and Gordon can each slowdown a scorer, but Chief and Bamba (on good days) can only defend slower big guys. We need Iwundu to guard 1-3 against the more potent teams, like the Bucks  on Friday!

Welcome back MagicJED. Except for the Evan and vuc stuff I agree wholeheartedly. 

13 minutes ago, magicblue said:

He can’t facilitate anything on any unit at this point in time 

Honestly...how would you know? There hasn't been an offensive set on the 2nd unit in two years! I love the ability of Ross to single-handedly shoot us back into a game. Problem is...he doesn't know the difference in providing a spark and letting the game coming to him. He's obviously been instructed to bomb away. I think getting the ball out of his hands and letting Fultz/Bama start working some pick-and-roll stuff with Ross spotting up more would make a big difference for consistency. We know what we have on our starting group minus JI. His ceiling is still ahead of him. We need to find out what Fultz and Bamba can do. With Ross running with them, that growth will be stagnated. I'm personally think we have the talent to move into the mid-upper eschelon in the East but we have to develop it. If we aren't going to try and grow Bamba into a 2-way stud, then trade him and play Birch.