Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Monday, Oct. 28th at 7:30 P.M.

24 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

50 games...50. But those who think he is bad will say "you don't need experience to hustle or play with intensity". Which is right but when I see Bamba I don't specifically see a lack of effort it just looks like he has no idea what the hell is going on. 

Maybe he gets it together or maybe he doesn't but I don't see the effort issue for the most part.

Thinking though wasn't his focus on basketball questioned during the draft process? Maybe he doesn't care.  

Idk it's been 50 games. I'm willing to see how he shakes out.

And usually the ones who hustle, not always, but usually, aren’t very skilled and cerebral. The crazy thing is he athletic, very athletic, and has skill. Think he’s just learning. 

I’m not sure but I think I read he started playing basketball later in his life. The NBA is an elite league. Faster, stronger, etc. He’s a thinker. He’s trying to process all if it. It’s going to take time.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

And usually the ones who hustle, not always, but usually, aren’t very skilled and cerebral. The crazy thing is he athletic, very athletic, and has skill. Think he’s just learning. 

I’m not sure but I think I read he started playing basketball later in his life. The NBA is an elite league. Faster, stronger, etc. He’s a thinker. He’s trying to process all if it. It’s going to take time.

It doesn’t look like he’s even running down the court, though.  Some of these things don’t require much thought, only effort and determination.  

• Upvote 1

“Bamba thinking his way around”. Seriously this is your argument?  If I didn’t know better this sounds like a somewhat racist thing to say. Everybody thinks on the court, Gordon questionable lol. But just because the guy is a certain race and is a very intellectual speaker does not make him a more of a “thinker” on the court then anybody else, whatever race they are. 

And honestly I don’t think some of you watch the games. Bamba does not hustle and it’s not because he can’t, or “thinking” it’s because he chooses not to. 50 games is a large enough sample size to prove it IF you actually WATCH the games. 

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

“Bamba thinking his way around”. Seriously this is your argument?  If I didn’t know better this sounds like a somewhat racist thing to say. Everybody thinks on the court, Gordon questionable lol. But just because the guy is a certain race and is a very intellectual speaker does not make him a more of a “thinker” on the court then anybody else, whatever race they are. 

And honestly I don’t think some of you watch the games. Bamba does not hustle and it’s not because he can’t, or “thinking” it’s because he chooses not to. 50 games is a large enough sample size to prove it IF you actually WATCH the games. 

Racist?! The ***** you talking about?

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This is where we are at in this discussion now?

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

51 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

50 year olds and misidentifying what is racist...

49 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Oh age discrimination also. Nice. Lol please read a book. 

FFTL, I think you're out of line with the "racist" comment. I've read several comments that Bamba is over-thinking and needs to play more with his instincts, both from Coach Clifford, and several other scouts/coaches/press back when he was first coming out into the draft. I tend to agree with you that he doesn't seem to play with a lot of hustle and energy; and I think people are trying to justify why. Maybe he is thinking too much, and maybe he just doesn't like to exert himself. I actually think a stint on the bench while healthy and/or a stint in the G-League might address whichever the issue is; whether it is getting more playing time to speed up the learning curve/help make the game slow down for him (G-League); or to light a fire under him (benching him) and make him realize that he needs to play with more energy and hustle. 

F4TW, the age comment is also out of line.

Please, let's keep it civil and adult, regardless of anyone's age. 

• Upvote 1