Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Monday, Oct. 28th at 7:30 P.M.

3 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

If you can show me data that shows that Birch presents a significant upgrade over Bamba, I’m open to it

The win-loss record last year before Bamba went out compared with after he went out and Birch played.  

Big reason we made it into the playoffs.  

I was always afraid of when we resigned Ross if he goes back into his shell like he did in Toronto besides on his contract year. I hope I am wrong on this as I like him as a player. I also might be convinced to move on from AG and get some value out of him in the market. 

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The win-loss record last year before Bamba went out compared with after he went out and Birch played.  

Big reason we made it into the playoffs.  

The 10 games prior to  Birch playing were when we stopped playing Grant and had that week where we lost 4 games in a row in the final minute.

Game before Birch started playing we traded Simmons and beat Indiana which was the first game in the winning streak. 

Birch was important, but there's other contributory factors too. 

We’re definitely not losing because of Bamba. Shooting is just off, that will come. Actually I’ve been pretty impressed how close these 2 road games were considering the shooting. 

I would trade Bamba now because some still see a very high ceiling. I do not. Fultz and Isaac are the core potential, I do everything I can to put them on a better team (more shooting, more playmaking). I think around the all-star break there is a move to be made.

56 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The 10 games prior to  Birch playing were when we stopped playing Grant and had that week where we lost 4 games in a row in the final minute.

Game before Birch started playing we traded Simmons and beat Indiana which was the first game in the winning streak. 

Birch was important, but there's other contributory factors too. 

I don’t disagree, although coincidentally the Magic also played their best basketball (recordwise) the previous season when Vuch was injured and Birch backed up Biyombo.  Playing hard is infectious and carries over to the rest of the team, and so does the converse.  When Vuch returned playing lethargic defense, the team immediately reverted to form and went something like 1-9. 

I do understand why they want to develop Bamba and don’t disagree.  There may be some short term cost, though.  

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. We're losing because Gordon, Ross, and Vucevic are playing poorly and Fournier is worse defensively than he was last year

So lack of shooting. 

Bamba’s value is being diminished by the way he jogs down the court, is out of position often and can not set a screen harder than the average 5 year old. So when anybody says that being sent to the g league would hurt his value, well Mo is doing a great job of that all by himself. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. We're losing because Gordon, Ross, and Vucevic are playing poorly and Fournier is worse defensively than he was last year

I've already deleted the game from my DVR, but did anyone see how Fultz and MCW fought through those screens? Man, I thought it was a thing of beauty. I can see why Coach Cliff likes them so much. On-the-other-hand I seem to remember Fournier getting hung up on the screener. Among other things, I believe Coach Cliff is in a pickle on this one. We need Fournier on the floor because of his so-called shooting (roll eyes) but, we need MCW out there because he's tenacious as hell and plays good defense. Who do we prioritize? The guy who is playing the best any given night?

You would think after years and years of following this sport, some would know how this works.

Bamba is still a rook y’all. He’s a cerebral player who’s thinking his way through a game. For as long as I’ve known, the two toughest spots for rooks were Pg and C. Today’s game, it’s even harder because of the evolution of big men playing more on the perimeter. A few games into year 2 (not even a full year last season mind you) and y’all are just “he sucks, trade him”. 

When are y’all ever going to learn? Just stop... Give the kid some time. How long did y’all give Gordon? 

To me, the one guy that needs to be looked upon as what should we do with if he doesn’t performed as expected is in fact Gordon. I like him and have no problem keeping him but in a role that says “you are not THAT guy.The numero uno. You are a 3 and D player and we then need to make a move that brings in that guy.”  Maybe Fultz is that guy IdK. He’s still a rook in my eyes.

But please stop with this we need to trade Bamba stuff. Give the kid a full year or two at least.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I've already deleted the game from my DVR, but did anyone see how Fultz and MCW fought through those screens? Man, I thought it was a thing of beauty. I can see why Coach Cliff likes them so much. On-the-other-hand I seem to remember Fournier getting hung up on the screener. Among other things, I believe Coach Cliff is in a pickle on this one. We need Fournier on the floor because of his so-called shooting (roll eyes) but, we need MCW out there because he's tenacious as hell and plays good defense. Who do we prioritize? The guy who is playing the best any given night?

M-C-W!!!

#1 - Jonathan Isaac

#2 - Aaron Gordon

#3 - Michael Carter-Williams

FvSLFX.png

https://www.nba.com/magic/ranking-magic-top-defenders-3-20190723

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

You would think after years and years of following this sport, some would know how this works.

Bamba is still a rook y’all. He’s a cerebral player who’s thinking his way through a game. For as long as I’ve known, the two toughest spots for rooks were Pg and C. Today’s game, it’s even harder because of the evolution of big men playing more on the perimeter. A few games into year 2 (not even a full year last season mind you) and y’all are just “he sucks, trade him”. 

When are y’all ever going to learn? Just stop... Give the kid some time. How long did y’all give Gordon? 

To me, the one guy that needs to be looked upon as what should we do with if he doesn’t performed as expected is in fact Gordon. I like him and have no problem keeping him but in a role that says “you are not THAT guy.The numero uno. You are a 3 and D player and we then need to make a move that brings in that guy.”  Maybe Fultz is that guy IdK. He’s still a rook in my eyes.

But please stop with this we need to trade Bamba stuff. Give the kid a full year or two at least.

50 games...50. But those who think he is bad will say "you don't need experience to hustle or play with intensity". Which is right but when I see Bamba I don't specifically see a lack of effort it just looks like he has no idea what the hell is going on. 

Maybe he gets it together or maybe he doesn't but I don't see the effort issue for the most part.

Thinking though wasn't his focus on basketball questioned during the draft process? Maybe he doesn't care.  

Idk it's been 50 games. I'm willing to see how he shakes out.