Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Monday, Oct. 28th at 7:30 P.M.

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The answer to our all of our problems is a stupidly easy fix. 

The starting lineup has been garbage

Fultz-mcw lineups have been bad. 

Fultz with the starters has been fantastic on both sides of the ball. 109.3 offensive rating 88.1 defensive rating in 20 minutes. 

Augustin-mcw lineups have been great. 

Flipping augustin and fultz fixes things. 

24 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

That's kind of pointless to point out. 

The actual math on it is he's been blocked 4 times when using last year's numbers he would have been blocked 1.5 times. We haven't reached the sample size where it says anything. It's like saying fultz improved his free throw shooting by 43%. It's true, but he's 2/2 on the year. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's kind of pointless to point out. 

The actual math on it is he's been blocked 4 times when using last year's numbers he would have been blocked 1.5 times. We haven't reached the sample size where it says anything. It's like saying fultz improved his free throw shooting by 43%. It's true, but he's 2/2 on the year. 

Insufficient sample size. Having said that, I’m optimistic.

54 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Respect for a career journeyman? Lol

He started 81 of 82 games for us last year, helped us get to the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, and hit the game winner against Toronto. I'm not saying he should be, but Cliff may be a tad reluctant to yank him after 3 games for a guy who's played 36 games over 2 seasons is all.

As Vuch goes, so will this team. You can't build an offense around anyone else right now. Last night was a one-off for him. The plan was to have Gordon be the "go-too" guy by now. As I've said before, Gordon knows that and the pressure he feels to be that guy is destroying his ability to function on the offensive end. He doesn't have an identity in terms of shot selection within the flow of the game. He wants to shoot 3's...he wants to dribble...he wants to facilitate. These are all things he can't consistently do. JI need to have more and more sets run through him. He may be our best chance at finding "that guy". Gordan needs to play more around the basket w/o the ball in his hands on the perimeter. His best chance to be consistent right now is by using his athletic ability to positively impact our offense. He should still pop out and take some 3's but that doesn't need to be the norm.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

For all the negative things we can say about Bamba, Toronto shot 24% when he was in the game, best on the team. 

He's best on the team in that category for the season. 32.9%. 

He looks bad and I do wonder if it has something to do with guards limiting driving lanes but whatever is happening it's working. 

Case of stats masking what’s pretty obvious watching the game. Bamba hurts us inside with his slow-footed rebounding. I don’t watch him and see a difference he causes with shot selection in the paint. 

And on offense it’s 4 on 5. Think Cliff moves back to Khem here soon, it’s not a season where we can afford to let Bamba to just get work in on the court. 

This is interesting that Cliff is experimenting with JI at the 5, I like it, but now we have a serious glut at the 5, perhaps a trade of AG or Bamba would bring us some shooting and play making. 

15 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

This is interesting that Cliff is experimenting with JI at the 5, I like it, but now we have a serious glut at the 5, perhaps a trade of AG or Bamba would bring us some shooting and play making. 

That would be my move if I were in the FO. AG doesn’t come cheap obviously. 

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I like Ag at the five instead of Isaac or even aminu. Isaac should be playing the best forward on d. He is our best perimeter defender on bigs. And shouldn’t be banging down low.

Khem should be that guy!  

I doubt Isaac will be playing the 5 much when the likes of Gasol or any other physical presence is down low. When the matchups call for it he should absolutely be getting minutes at the 5.