Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hawks - Saturday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Didn’t he lead the nation in both scoring and assists?   As a matter of fact I think he’s the only player ever to do that.  How inconsistent could he have been if he accomplished that?

Extremely high usage, he shot 20 times a game and is #2 in turnovers since the 07-08 college season. He shot better than 50% from the field 12 times and less than 35% 10 times. 

He's a flurry scorer. He was always going to put up numbers. The question is "when he gets to the playoffs and is facing a good team with a plan designed to stop him can he stay on the court?" Because his defense is very bad. If his offense can't overcome that defense is his residual production worth having on the court. Or does his defense make him unplayable. 

It's kind of similar to Vucevic. Some nights where he dominates matchups. Some nights where he looks just as dominant as towns or embiid. But we got into a playoff series with a good defensive team with a plan designed to stop him and he was played off the court. 

As usual you actually watch the games and have great insight on our players. I think we all agree you make the best posts on this forum. 

The point you made about our guards is dead on. I know you are specifically talking about DJ and Fournier this year, we should seperate them. 

My point is this problem has seemingly been happening over and over again for 10 years on the Magic.We always have to fix this problem by acquiring players like Alston and Pietrus and hiding the weakness of our starters.

I really feel we had some missed opportunities the last few years to have a more balanced roster. This is all I'm trying to say. There were moves to be made, the whole league was moving an incredible amount of players the last few years. 

Also on a personal level I really wouldn't have drated Bamba, Okeke and acquired Aminu. I'm alright with retaining Ross and Vooch. 

I just wish someone would step up. This town deserves it. 

8 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

As usual you actually watch the games and have great insight on our players. I think we all agree you make the best posts on this forum. 

The point you made about our guards is dead on. I know you are specifically talking about DJ and Fournier this year, we should seperate them. 

My point is this problem has seemingly been happening over and over again for 10 years on the Magic.We always have to fix this problem by acquiring players like Alston and Pietrus and hiding the weakness of our starters.

I really feel we had some missed opportunities the last few years to have a more balanced roster. This is all I'm trying to say. There were moves to be made, the whole league was moving an incredible amount of players the last few years. 

Also on a personal level I really wouldn't have drated Bamba, Okeke and acquired Aminu. I'm alright with retaining Ross and Vooch. 

I just wish someone would step up. This town deserves it. 

We could really use a pietrus on this roster. 

Or get Ross back to normal. 

Ross will get it back, but we need more scoring for sure. A player like Klay Thompson would be idea but not gonna happen, a player in his mold that can play off the ball because Fultz needs it. Brogdon would have been nice. I like DRuss but afraid he needs the ball in his hands like Fultz. 

Yes almost everyone of our players had an off night, they will be on fire next game.

Also i want to admit how wrong on was on DSJ. Hope he turns it around. I can't wait to see Elfrid return this week!

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Extremely high usage, he shot 20 times a game and is #2 in turnovers since the 07-08 college season. He shot better than 50% from the field 12 times and less than 35% 10 times. 

He's a flurry scorer. He was always going to put up numbers. The question is "when he gets to the playoffs and is facing a good team with a plan designed to stop him can he stay on the court?" Because his defense is very bad. If his offense can't overcome that defense is his residual production worth having on the court. Or does his defense make him unplayable. 

It's kind of similar to Vucevic. Some nights where he dominates matchups. Some nights where he looks just as dominant as towns or embiid. But we got into a playoff series with a good defensive team with a plan designed to stop him and he was played off the court. 

Trae is a great young player. He is young so he is going to have flaws. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean he's playing like the best defensive guard of all time this stretch

Somewhere around the 2nd qtr, I asked the question "why is Cliff using all three pg's in his 10 man rotation" and with that level of production from MCW  it's hard to keep him off the floor. In fact, I don't know if it has been said, but if Fultz gets his 3ball together, I can see DJ as the #3pg of the future. 

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d love to see Birch get Bamba’s minutes and Wes get Aminu’s... would also love to see Clifford make that adjustment during a game. If Mo plays the first half and sucks, give Birch his minutes in the second half.

I agree, if nothing less, it should start a fire in theses guys, when they start losing minutes!

In fact, MCW should be the model that they should follow, we need all of our guys this hungry for not just playing time, but productive playing time! 

51 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Too many of ya’ll are panicking. We simply need to move the ball like we did last year. Fournier ball is back. Pre-contract Vuc is back.

Delete Fournier from the team. We win. 

I mean according to the Cliff presser after the game, ball movement was fine.  We had tons of very open looks and just couldn’t make them.  

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I wouldn’t judge him on his playoff potential at this point.  If he can even carry a fairly weak Atlanta team into the playoffs he deserves some kind of award.  

He may not have been a terribly consistent shooter in college but that’s talking about a very young (no pun intended) player.  His consistency is very likely to improve.  And leading the nation in assists shows that he was a willing (and excellent) passer, which unfortunately we saw last night.