Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hawks - Saturday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

28 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

So let me get this straight, you think the Suns are in an enviable position compared to us? 

Just now, ML6 said:

So let me get this straight, you think the Suns are in an enviable position compared to us? 

I don’t think that at all but having said that, if the pieces come together I could see how someone might conclude as much. If Booker and Ayton started to reach their potential together. But I mean that’s just because they’d have hit on a core in the front and the back court. I personally think we may have that in Fultz/Issac. 

Looking back at this game today, there's no excuse for 7 of 10 of our players to come into Atlanta with a passable approach to that game. 

The bigger picture is being a 45 and up win team.  The off season should have been a huge leap for all the youth on our team.  They should have been mentally prepared for the work at hand.  However, they came out like a lottery team attitude. 

They struggled with things that should be second nature. 

For instance...

First to the ball:  They were out hustled on the ball on the offensive end all night

Two hands:  Not grabbing the ball but tipping it around once or twice led to missed second chance points or opponent second chance points.

Team Rebounds:  There are various moments two players on the team go after the rebound and it ended up in the opponents hands for second chance points.

STRONG Rebounds:  Jonathan Isaac had a rebound with two hands and lost the ball because he didn't muscle up and fight for it ----->

Protect the Ball:  Court Awareness seems to be a major problem on this team.  I get nervous that the other team will steal the ball even after rebounds because our players do not pay attention to who's around them.  

And this is all about the details of just....defensive and offensive rebounding.

Once again, its disappointing that Michael Carter-Williams of all people had more of a focused approach then our entire starting lineup.  The starters should be embarrassed..yet again and again...and again.... 

Listen we still almost won on a terrible shooting night. If it becomes a trend then we might have a problem. If Ross has a good game from we win. Ditto with Issac from behind the arc. Lets no overreact too much. 

I agree with that; our core may just be JI and Fultz. Issac has shown a nice eurostep and is improving. AG just bulldozes down the middle and turns it over and he does this every year doesn’t appear to be learning. It’s his 6th year now.... and I know it’s early but he always seems to force things year after year. Bamba’s motor still seems low and slow on rotations. Do we have another Thon Maker with a streaky 3 point shot? Where’s the continuity we are suppose to have? We haven’t really looked very good for 4 games and the team was mostly in town during the summer; we should be sprinting out of the gate with our supposed continuity. We need to be open to trades to balance out this roster. We can spare a big especially with Okeke in the wings for a shooter/play maker. 

Also...plays runs for Trae Young virtually identical to plays run for Curry.  I think Clifford didn't respect Trae's capability of mirroring Curry.  

35 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

No, No no. We have been saying the same thing for years.Too many beta's no alpha's.Too many guys good at many things, not great at one thing.

And to be even more simple, too many players who can't shoot! If they are not natural shooters or scorers then we get inconsistent games.

We lost to the Hawks,  the Suns beat the Clippers. Both terrible run franchises the last decade. Suns turn a corner and decide to stop playing bad shooters or to trade them.

Out are players like Bender,Chriss and Josh Jackson. In are players they took a chance on like Oubre, 9 of 9 at the free throw line, 2 of 4 at the 3 point line.Frank Kaminsky, failure in Charlotte, efficient 18 points off the bench last night. And finally Dario Saric, 5-8 including 3-6 at eh 3 line. Rubio and Ayton did not play. Suns have been hurting at point guard ever since they traded away Thomas,Dragic and Bledsoe(someone we really wanted). So they sign Rubio, but made sure to draft a point guard last year.A nice little player called Jevon Carter, who had a great game last night. Many of you on this forum wanted to draft him.

Look please don't roast me for pointing at specific players in one specific game, i'm trying to make a point.we lost to the Hawks because we can't score, Suns beat the supposedly best team in the league because they can.Both franchises have been run terribly the last decade.I'm not predicting the rest of the season from two games.I'm simply stating that if you keep doing the same things and expecting different results it might not work. In the last 7 years we have passed on too many second round gems, too many reclamation projects we easily could have had.We draft too many project players, not shooters. We finally make a trade for another teams failed player and he looks great, but he isn't going to be a scorer. He is not going to be a Kemba, or a lillard he might not even be a Bledsoe.

Look guys, i'm glad to have him and i'm going to the games this year. I think we are a 40 plus win team. I think things are getting better.

But don't be surprised when we don't score because we keep getting players who are bad at scoring! Saw a list on reddit of 70 players who have score 20 points or more in the first 2 games of the season. Some poster made the list because he was pissed at his team. Tons of veterans a bunch of rookies and sophomore players too.

Why is it so hard for almost every player on our team to scratch out 20 freaking points. I'm still kinda pissed today. So lets enjoy the games, but stop being delusional.

I would have traded any player on the team the last two years for a scorer and some of you guys defend them all.

Wait. Wait wait wait. Your analysis is way off. 

Oubre is a two way player who's a streaky shooter who shot 32% from 3 last year. 

Carter is a defense first player who shot 33% from 3 last year and wasn't drafted by Phoenix. 

Saric is a well rounded player who is a league average shooter. 

Baynes is a well rounded player known for his defense and is a career 28% three point shooter and a guy who typically averages like 5ppg. 

Their shooter they signed they added for 4.5 million per year. 

So your argument that we should stop drafting great defensive players is a team that might be turning a corner because they added a bunch of high level defensive players?

That doesn't make sense. 

The point is they saw offensive potential in those young players and it's starting to show up.The point is they were fed up with losing and made some moves.

Actually I'll make a completely small sample,  non logical point.How many games do we have to wait for AG to put up Oubre's modest stat line from last night. I was pretty impressed. 9 of 9 at the free throw line. A sixth year power forward should be able to get to the line if his shot isn't falling.

Also I didn't even mention Ayton or Booker, I mentioned all the other players because they were not drafted by the Suns. You completely missed the point I was making.

7 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He did the same thing in college

Didn’t he lead the nation in both scoring and assists?   As a matter of fact I think he’s the only player ever to do that.  How inconsistent could he have been if he accomplished that?

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The point is they saw offensive potential in those young players and it's starting to show up.The point is they were fed up with losing and made some moves.

We were fed up with losing and made the playoffs last year and traded for a young player with high offensive potential

We invested in a veteran who made 200 threes last year. We invested in a guy who averaged 20ppg last year

Our point guard was the best catch and shoot three point shooter in the NBA last year. 

The weakness on this team is the good offense poor defense guards. The strength is the bench lineups full of awkward offensive players who are great defenders. 

So I don't know if you're really thinking about this the right way.