Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hawks - Saturday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

46 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Comments like this make me laugh. A full season of play showed that he was indeed streaky. He shot the ball inefficently and hit the 3 ball at a clip of 32.4% this was on top of being statistically pretty much the worst player defensively in the entire NBA. Last season he had periods where he shot the ball really well and looked very very good, this then would drop off a cliff and he would have long stretches of taking poor shots, shooting poorly, turning the ball over, defending awfully etc etc. He threw up one of the most stupidiest 3 point shots in the 1st quarter in tonights game that I've seen for some time but sure, let's make judgements off a 2 game sample?

He's one of those players that will most likely put up pretty decent scoring numbers in the regular season and have periods where he goes off and looks brilliant and other stretches where that drops off a cliff all while his team is losing most of those games. Unless he can become consistent and find other ways to affect the game if his shot isn't falling (taking more care with the ball as he is a good passer and becoming even a below average defender as right now he really is bad.) I think he struggles to be relevant. If he ever gets into a series of playoff games where the game slows down and opponents are able to scheme for him and defence ramps up then I think he becomes a huge liability and will get targeted. Ofc he is still young and can improve on some of those things and if he does I will be one of those to gladly say I was wrong about him..

You think he struggles to be relevant after he just almost singlehandedly won 2 games for his team?   You think he’ll continue to be as inconsistent as he was as a rookie going forward?  

Honestly I think your post is way off the mark.  He looks like a potential all-star in his second season.

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Nailed it. These three were torched by Young in the pick n roll all night. Plus, Vooch and Bamba were targeted in the paint all night. Yes, others had off nights (Ross, Gordon, etc) but these three were awful defensively. 

This is the risk with trying to develop Bamba while keeping Birch on the bench. Hopefully Bamba will shape up quickly.  Last year’s dramatic improvement in the last third of the season occurred after Birch replaced Bamba. 

Obviously I understand why we have to try to develop Bamba, but I think we win last night if Birch was backing up Vuch.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

You think he struggles to be relevant after he just almost singlehandedly won 2 games for his team?   You think he’ll continue to be as inconsistent as he was as a rookie going forward?  

Honestly I think your post is way off the mark.  He looks like a potential all-star in his second season.

I don't make a basis off of what he is off 2 games. If he leads his team to the playoffs and plays well in a full series I will happily say I'm way off the mark, he has plenty of time to prove me wrong, he's only in his 2nd season afterall. He played like he has done these past 2 games last season then had 10/15 game stints of being poor. No issue with you thinking im off the mark at all, you are just as much entitled to your opinion as me.

I place this loss on coaching.  Coach stays too long with guys that are not on their game, i.e. Gordon, Issac, Mobamba, etc., etc..  Even Vu; try some of the other guys, i.e. our 3rd string Center from Canada (can't think of his name right now), our last year defensive wizard (played shooting guard and small forward) don't even play him anymore .  Coach ought not be afraid to allow others to play.  Everyone can't shoot their way back into a game like a Ross or Fournier.  For guys that are starters and plays as many minutes as they do we should be getting more production out of them, or else try someone else.  JUST MY THOUGHTS.

You guys are reacting to Gordon way too early.  If he's still struggling 25 games in there will be cause for concern, but not yet.

Just now, crisby pancakes said:

I don't make a basis off of what he is off 2 games. If he leads his team to the playoffs and plays well in a full series I will happily say I'm way off the mark, he has plenty of time to prove me wrong, he's only in his 2nd season afterall. He played like he has done these past 2 games last season then had 10/15 game stints of being poor. No issue with you thinking im off the mark at all, you are just as much entitled to your opinion as me.

He was a rookie last season.  I wouldn’t extrapolate much from that going forward.   But you’re right, time will tell, and I’ll also gladly admit it if it turns out I’m wrong.  Let’s renew this discussion in January or thereabouts when we have a bigger sample size to look at.  

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

You guys are reacting to Gordon way too early.  If he's still struggling 25 games in there will be cause for concern, but not yet.

I agree.

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

He was a rookie last season.  I wouldn’t extrapolate much from that going forward.   But you’re right, time will tell, and I’ll also gladly admit it if it turns out I’m wrong.  Let’s renew this discussion in January or thereabouts when we have a bigger sample size to look at.  

He did the same thing in college

We need to balance conclusions with criticism. 

It's way too early to make conclusions based on what we've seen so far. It's not right to say Gordon peaked, Bamba isn't going to get better, Vucevic is going to be untradable, etc. 

That doesn't absolve the players from criticism though. They know how they need to play. They showed they can play consistently last year. We need to hold them to the standard they set for themselves. 

It's one thing to excuse a bad game against a bad team in January when they just lose concentration for a night.

It's completely different to blow game 2 on two nights rest.