Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hawks - Saturday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

40 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I wouldn’t judge him on his playoff potential at this point.  If he can even carry a fairly weak Atlanta team into the playoffs he deserves some kind of award.  

He may not have been a terribly consistent shooter in college but that’s talking about a very young (no pun intended) player.  His consistency is very likely to improve.  And leading the nation in assists shows that he was a willing (and excellent) passer, which unfortunately we saw last night.   

I'm talking like macro level stuff here. Like hypothetically if Atlanta decided to trade young to some playoff team would he be able to play in the playoffs. If you take young and give him to Toronto in place of Lowry what happens?

Can he overcome the defense or not? Because that's the difference between a Lillard and a Jamal Crawford. 

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I mean according to the Cliff presser after the game, ball movement was fine.  We had tons of very open looks and just couldn’t make them.  

LOL.... We shot like ****.... If our open jumpers fell we would have been fine.

Bamba...This guy has all tools and skills to be great. I hope we don’t give up on this guy. I know his motor is being questioned a lot and rightfully so. I think he plays with his head a lot and just needs to rely on instincts. What says y’all?

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Bamba...This guy has all tools and skills to be great. I hope we don’t give up on this guy. I know his motor is being questioned a lot and rightfully so. I think he plays with his head a lot and just needs to rely on instincts. What says y’all?

This probably would be better to put in the regular season thread instead of this game thread.  

I don’t think anyone is giving up or even close to giving up on Bamba at this point.  However, what we saw two years ago when Vuch wasn’t trying on defense is that it doesn’t just affect the lethargic player.  It de-energizes his teammates also.  So it’s a problem.  

14 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I agree

He has poor instincts. 

He can do whatever you want from a center he's just late reacting to everything. 

The hope is we can develop instincts with experience. 

Out of everyone we've drafted since Dwight I think Bamba has the most talent. His play just needs to catch up to that. 

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

This probably would be better to put in the regular season thread instead of this game thread.  

I don’t think anyone is giving up or even close to giving up on Bamba at this point.  However, what we saw two years ago when Vuch wasn’t trying on defense is that it doesn’t just effect the lethargic player.  It de-energizes his teammates also.  So it’s a problem.  

My bad. Thought I was.

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I agree

He has poor instincts. 

He can do whatever you want from a center he's just late reacting to everything. 

The hope is we can develop instincts with experience. 

Out of everyone we've drafted since Dwight I think Bamba has the most talent. His play just needs to catch up to that. 

Yeah. Complete opposite than Dwight. Dwight had instincts more than he had IQ. He wasn’t low IQ. He just had to learn the game intelligently. Bamba seems to be the opposite. Plays with his head more which sometimes in sports can be counterproductive. 

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah. Complete opposite than Dwight. Dwight had instincts more than he had IQ. He wasn’t low IQ. He just had to learn the game intelligently. Bamba seems to be the opposite. Plays with his head more which sometimes in sports can be counterproductive. 

Yup. Definitely frustrating.