Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Hawks - Saturday, Oct. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

27 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

How did I miss your name change?  Did I miss a big reveal?

33 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We need to balance conclusions with criticism. 

It's way too early to make conclusions based on what we've seen so far. It's not right to say Gordon peaked, Bamba isn't going to get better, Vucevic is going to be untradable, etc. 

That doesn't absolve the players from criticism though. They know how they need to play. They showed they can play consistently last year. We need to hold them to the standard they set for themselves. 

It's one thing to excuse a bad game against a bad team in January when they just lose concentration for a night.

It's completely different to blow game 2 on two nights rest. 

I mostly agree, with the one small caveat that it was Birch who was part of the group who set the standard last year, not Bamba.  We don’t really know what he can do consistently yet.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I mostly agree, with the one small caveat that it was Birch who was part of the group who set the standard last year, not Bamba.  We don’t really know what he can do consistently yet.  

One thing I will say about Bamba is he reeeeeeeally needs to use his length better or significantly improve his timing (preferably both).  If he uses his length, it will mitigate his poor timing.  If he improves his timing, he won't have to rely fully on his length.  Right now he's lacking in both areas and it is extremely apparent.

I shook my head at multiple defensive plays where he had someone pinned below the rim and they still scored on him.  I laughed out loud on a couple plays where he somehow jumped for an offensive rebound attempt AFTER the ball had already been secured by Atlanta, completely taking himself out of any possibility to get back in transition defense.  It was less than ideal.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Bamba needs to go on the Zion Williamson diet. He's way too weak and gets pushed around

And there was all this talk about him gaining 20 pounds and getting a lot stronger over the summer.  

3 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Comments like this make me laugh. A full season of play showed that he was indeed streaky. He shot the ball inefficently and hit the 3 ball at a clip of 32.4% this was on top of being statistically pretty much the worst player defensively in the entire NBA. Last season he had periods where he shot the ball really well and looked very very good, this then would drop off a cliff and he would have long stretches of taking poor shots, shooting poorly, turning the ball over, defending awfully etc etc. He threw up one of the most stupidiest 3 point shots in the 1st quarter in tonights game that I've seen for some time but sure, let's make judgements off a 2 game sample?

He's one of those players that will most likely put up pretty decent scoring numbers in the regular season and have periods where he goes off and looks brilliant and other stretches where that drops off a cliff all while his team is losing most of those games. Unless he can become consistent and find other ways to affect the game if his shot isn't falling (taking more care with the ball as he is a good passer and becoming even a below average defender as right now he really is bad.) I think he struggles to be relevant. If he ever gets into a series of playoff games where the game slows down and opponents are able to scheme for him and defence ramps up then I think he becomes a huge liability and will get targeted. Ofc he is still young and can improve on some of those things and if he does I will be one of those to gladly say I was wrong about him.

My takeaway from tonight after sleeping on it is we almost found a way to win this game on the road while having 7 of our 10 players play poorly, even then, it took a fluke bank shot and a player to have a 'career' night to give us a loss. Only players that came out of that game looking decent were Fournier, Fultz and MCW. I don't see us having many games where the entire starting line up makes only 1 3 point shot. We shoot the 3 at a paltry 25% we win that game last night. It's early season, weird things happen, Clippers lost to a Suns team that was missing 2 key players. I'll be concerned if this is still happening 10/15 games into the season.

So you was expecting a consistent season from a rookie. Anyways I said his biggest skill in my opinion was his vision, instead of a steph comparison I saw more nash. Young was fourth in assist last season.

But my point is hes supposed to be a patty mills at best to what people were saying. I'm not saying hes a franchise player but the disrespect he was getting before the draft was ridiculous, like he wasn't even supposed to be a top 10 pick 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

And there was all this talk about him gaining 20 pounds and getting a lot stronger over the summer.  

Birch>>>Bamba. Unleash Khem

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Birch>>>Bamba. Unleash Khem

I’d love to see Birch get Bamba’s minutes and Wes get Aminu’s... would also love to see Clifford make that adjustment during a game. If Mo plays the first half and sucks, give Birch his minutes in the second half.

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fultz has been our best player through 2 games. Trae was great tonight, also made more than his fair share of lucky shots. Good to see that we had no business being in this game and yet we took them to the wire. I know a lot of you guys want Iwundu to get MCW’s minutes, but I’d be perfectly fine with him getting Aminu’s. Good news is no team in the NBA has ever gone 82-0... on to the next one!! 

. . ."I'd be perfectly fine with him getting Aminu's" [minutes]

Agreed.

Last night, Aminu looked lost (as did most of the team). He was useless on defense. . .most times nowhere near grabbing rebounds or denying layups in the paint.

When the Magic traded for Aminu, I suggested that he might not be the guy the Magic needed.

I watched him in a game during the playoffs. . .playing for Portland. . .when the coach benched him early in the first quarter and I did not see him anymore on the court until late in the 3rd quarter. (Btw, I watched all of the Blazers playoff games against the Warriors)

Back in July,  in a reply from a member of this message board from "across the pond", he said, "TMF i hope this isn't supposed to be an exercise in showing us that he's rubbish". (because I posted a comment twice questioning the trade).

It's early. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

. . ."I'd be perfectly fine with him getting Aminu's" [minutes]

Agreed.

Last night, Aminu looked lost (as did most of the team). He was useless on defense. . .most times nowhere near grabbing rebounds or denying layups in the paint.

When the Magic traded for Aminu, I suggested that he might not be the guy the Magic needed.

I watched him in a game during the playoffs. . .playing for Portland. . .when the coach benched him early in the first quarter and I did not see him anymore on the court until late in the 3rd quarter. (Btw, I watched all of the Blazers playoff games against the Warriors)

Back in July,  in a reply from a member of this message board from "across the pond", he said, "TMF i hope this isn't supposed to be an exercise in showing us that he's rubbish". (because I posted a comment twice questioning the trade).

It's early. I hope I'm wrong.

We outscored Atlanta by 10 points when aminu was on the court. He has the highest net rating on the team. 

Aminu isn't going to be the type of player you're going to be able to look at the box score and see his impact. He was pretty good last night and very good against Cleveland even though his numbers are poor. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ML6 said:

You guys are reacting to Gordon way too early.  If he's still struggling 25 games in there will be cause for concern, but not yet.

No, No no. We have been saying the same thing for years.Too many beta's no alpha's.Too many guys good at many things, not great at one thing.

And to be even more simple, too many players who can't shoot! If they are not natural shooters or scorers then we get inconsistent games.

We lost to the Hawks,  the Suns beat the Clippers. Both terrible run franchises the last decade. Suns turn a corner and decide to stop playing bad shooters or to trade them.

Out are players like Bender,Chriss and Josh Jackson. In are players they took a chance on like Oubre, 9 of 9 at the free throw line, 2 of 4 at the 3 point line.Frank Kaminsky, failure in Charlotte, efficient 18 points off the bench last night. And finally Dario Saric, 5-8 including 3-6 at eh 3 line. Rubio and Ayton did not play. Suns have been hurting at point guard ever since they traded away Thomas,Dragic and Bledsoe(someone we really wanted). So they sign Rubio, but made sure to draft a point guard last year.A nice little player called Jevon Carter, who had a great game last night. Many of you on this forum wanted to draft him.

Look please don't roast me for pointing at specific players in one specific game, i'm trying to make a point.we lost to the Hawks because we can't score, Suns beat the supposedly best team in the league because they can.Both franchises have been run terribly the last decade.I'm not predicting the rest of the season from two games.I'm simply stating that if you keep doing the same things and expecting different results it might not work. In the last 7 years we have passed on too many second round gems, too many reclamation projects we easily could have had.We draft too many project players, not shooters. We finally make a trade for another teams failed player and he looks great, but he isn't going to be a scorer. He is not going to be a Kemba, or a lillard he might not even be a Bledsoe.

Look guys, i'm glad to have him and i'm going to the games this year. I think we are a 40 plus win team. I think things are getting better.

But don't be surprised when we don't score because we keep getting players who are bad at scoring! Saw a list on reddit of 70 players who have score 20 points or more in the first 2 games of the season. Some poster made the list because he was pissed at his team. Tons of veterans a bunch of rookies and sophomore players too.

Why is it so hard for almost every player on our team to scratch out 20 freaking points. I'm still kinda pissed today. So lets enjoy the games, but stop being delusional.

I would have traded any player on the team the last two years for a scorer and some of you guys defend them all.

• Downvote 1

When I stated I felt like AG May have peaked It wasn’t a negative necessarily. More like we should start thinking of him as the asset he is and not the one we want him to be (franchise player). And the jury is out on that, I’m just saying I feel like it’s a possibility.