Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Cavs - Wednesday, Oct. 23rd at 7:00 P.M.

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm still shocked at how good of a passer fultz is. 

The Orlando Magic didn't have a point guard for a decade, except when Dj was healthy.

9 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Nah, I think you gotta shoot them when it’s open. It’s the long stepback twos and some of the tough shots from range that he shouldn’t shoot.

I am not sure I understand that reasoning because it's very clear Fultz doesn't have 3 point range right now. It's a wasted opportunity ( Just like AG and layups - missed all 5 by the way) I think it would be better if they kick it out to him for him to try and get to the paint for a score or pass it back out to someone else who does have the range. Clifford said bad offense is hurting our defense, so Isn't it better to take the 2 points over an airball 3 attempt?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am not sure I understand that reasoning because it's very clear Fultz doesn't have 3 point range right now. It's a wasted opportunity ( Just like AG and layups - missed all 5 by the way) I think it would be better if they kick it out to him for him to try and get to the paint for a score or pass it back out to someone else who does have the range. Clifford said bad offense is hurting our defense, so Isn't it better to take the 2 points over an airball 3 attempt?

He has to at least let it go occasionally when he’s left wide open, but yeah he could also choose to attack when his defender backs off. He can get wherever he wants with the ball in his hands is the biggest takeaway for me watching him play last night. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

The only way he'll make them is if he shoots himself out of this. We have videos of him making them in practice. If he never shoots them the defense will drop down into the paint and help off him. But if he can even shoot 30% it will move the defense just a few feet closer to him off ball and change the geometry of the court. 

Plus there's a confidence component. 

• Upvote 3

I’d give Clifford a “C” last night. While I’m grateful for the win, his rotations were a mess and the team was sloppy. It’s hard to get in a rhythm when you have no rhyme. Let’s clean this up and go get some more wins!