Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

59 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah but that's not a big part of his game yet. He's 18th in the league at points off of drives over the last 5 games. Extra minutes is only going to get him another 1-2 ppg on drives. 

Let me put it this way. Last 5 games fultz is at 14.6ppg or whatever. Westbrook is at 23ppg. Jrue is at 23. 

Fultz is averaging 8ppg on drives. Westbrook is at 8.4ppg on drives. Jrue is at 9.2. 

Fultz gets 3.8ppg on pull ups. Westbrook 6.4. jrue 8.6

So the difference between fultz game and similar players isn't driving more. It's shooting more. And we don't know if he's going to be able to incorporate that into his game yet. 

That's really insightful. I hadn't thought about the volume from each spot.

On 12/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Gordon MVP said:

Unforgivable not to trade anyone they wanted and every pick we had for doncic 

The hindsight on Doncic should be killing everyone here but as we know, the future is vague.  I thought Donovan Mitchell showed out his first year but Luka Doncic...has followed up an already dominant year with a superstar year.  He's top five in the league at the very least.  He's the best overall player in the league for now looking at the advance stats.  This is his second year.  I even watch the Mavs to see this guy show off.  Doncic was a veteran coming in and ready to slap around the NBA's players.

54 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

The hindsight on Doncic should be killing everyone here but as we know, the future is vague.  I thought Donovan Mitchell showed out his first year but Luka Doncic...has followed up an already dominant year with a superstar year.  He's top five in the league at the very least.  He's the best overall player in the league for now looking at the advance stats.  This is his second year.  I even watch the Mavs to see this guy show off.  Doncic was a veteran coming in and ready to slap around the NBA's players.

I still don't understand why Doncic should upset anyone on this board. There was nothing we could do to get him. It's not even like we weren't tanking the end of that year. Short of literally forfeiting the game, I don't see how we could have done more to lose. This is a wierd running thing with this board that I don't understand. Isn't there enough to complain about with the terrible moves this team has actually made without blaming them for something they couldn't control?

• Upvote 3

I still don't understand this either, the only team that should really be kicking themselves about Luka is Phoenix. Atlanta didn't exactly get a complete dud, but whatever made Phoenix think they couldn't use someone like Doncic is beyond me.

15 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I still don't understand this either, the only team that should really be kicking themselves about Luka is Phoenix. Atlanta didn't exactly get a complete dud, but whatever made Phoenix think they couldn't use someone like Doncic is beyond me.

Phoenix and Sacramento. Remember, Luka went 3rd (!!!) behind Ayton and Bagley