Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Man y'all let my man Jay be as optimistic as he wants. Who cares if it's realistic. He provides a nice balance from all the super negative post on here. 

Exactly!

I'm not as optimistic as him, by far, but he definitely has the right to express his opinion/prediction without being "attacked" for it.

Also, that 42-40 prediction at the start of the season, last year, was maybe not out of reality, but he has backed it up even after the allstargame, when I think very few of us would have bet on that outcome. That was impressive.

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Exactly!

I'm not as optimistic as him, by far, but he definitely has the right to express his opinion/prediction without being "attacked" for it.

Also, that 42-40 prediction at the start of the season, last year, was maybe not out of reality, but he has backed it up even after the allstargame, when I think very few of us would have bet on that outcome. That was impressive.

I don't think anyone's attacking him.  It's fine and enviable to be optimistic but it needs to involve a dose of realism.  42-40 last season was optimistic but in the realm of possibility.  Many of us agreed upon that when accounting for the incredible rash of injuries the prior season.  Matt Moore predicting the under on like 25 wins was laughable to Orlando fans but seemingly a normal view among the masses.  So 42-40 was on the higher side of outcomes (optimistic) but also possible.

Going 9-1 this road trip isn't happening, and it wasn't happening before Vooch/AG got hurt last night either.  It's great having optimism that was spot-on last year.  That doesn't mean there's now an oracle amongst us.

If one’s opinion is disagreed by another’s opinion, it is not an attack. Just a different opinion.

Personally, I don’t see it. I don’t see it even with everyone healthy. I don’t think we’re that good. I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 2

Month plus with an ankle means it’s something that could linger. Either an occult fracture or a high ankle sprain. We’re not seeing Vooch again until 2020, might even be out until the all star break.

Wishing Vooch a speedy and fully healthy recovery likewise AG also...

I'm just kind of gutted that AG is hurt too coz I'd of loved to have seen us play without Vooch with the rest of the team at full strength so we could get a real idea of what it would/could be like without him for a extended period of time. 

Hopefully AG comes back within a week or 2 max and we get to see how it all plays out. I'm intrigued definitely.. just a shame it took bad injury for us to see it. 

I think we are gonna miss Vooch massively but there will be a silver lining I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Wishing Vooch a speedy and fully healthy recovery likewise AG also...

I'm just kind of gutted that AG is hurt too coz I'd of loved to have seen us play without Vooch with the rest of the team at full strength so we could get a real idea of what it would/could be like without him for a extended period of time. 

Hopefully AG comes back within a week or 2 max and we get to see how it all plays out. I'm intrigued definitely.. just a shame it took bad injury for us to see it. 

I think we are gonna miss Vooch massively but there will be a silver lining I'm sure.

I think if AG gets healthy quick that we’re not gonna miss Vooch as bad as everyone thinks we will. Also depends on how Clifford does the minutes split though. If Mo gets the starting minutes we’re gonna struggle, if Khem does we’re gonna be okay.

I think it really comes down to how coaching and management want to play this. If we meant what we said about trying to be a perennial playoff team again vs developing Mo, Markelle and JI possibly at the expense of wins. 

6 hours ago, ML6 said:

I don't think anyone's attacking him.

The word attacking was put (and still is) between "" "", right? :)  (I mean, I know it wasn't the right word, but couldn't find a better one - English is not my native language)

I was way more negative than a lot of you about our offseason,  and I was "attacked" for that. After the bad start of the season, everyone was panicking and being way more negative than necessary ***continuity was not a good thing anymore, trade Vuc and Fournier for a bag of chips, fire Clifford***. There's a lot of swinging in every forum, so I think that even a overly optimistic prediction should be accepted for what it was. Just a prediction. ;)

(and I'm pretty sure that the 42-40 prediction wasn't in the realm of possibilities at a certain point of last season, a lot of members of the forum where already thinking and talking about the draft for a long time. Just go back and watch it.)

17 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Man y'all let my man Jay be as optimistic as he wants. Who cares if it's realistic. He provides a nice balance from all the super negative post on here. 

Appreciate the post mate thanks. I genuinely am a big believer in our team. Now that the injury bug has struck looks like my predictions will be far fetched even more so lol

6 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

If one’s opinion is disagreed by another’s opinion, it is not an attack. Just a different opinion.

Personally, I don’t see it. I don’t see it even with everyone healthy. I don’t think we’re that good. I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

Definitely not a attack. Differences of opinons and that's totally fine

• Upvote 1