Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

29 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Are we sure that moving Bamba to the G League won't help him? I mean, if he won't get minutes because he's on a pitch count, I get it. However, if the opposite is true and he can get some major minutes it might help him learn and also help him gain some confidence because he should be able to contribute. Right now he must feel completely humiliated when he's on the court. 

The problem is the g-league is good for skill development. Bamba's issue isn't skill development. It's implementation. 

Bamba goes into summer league his rookie year. Looks great. Hits threes. Blocks shots. Looks fantastic.

Bamba goes into preseason. Looks fantastic. Hits 60% of his shots overall, 50% of his threes, super productive on offense. Blocks a ton of shots. Grabs a ton of rebounds. Looks like a great pick. 

Plays in the regular season and isn't good. 

Plays in the summer league again. Looks dominant. 

Plays in preseason. Looks fantastic. Hits 60% of his shots overall, 50% of his threes. Super productive on offense. Blocks a ton of shots. Grabs a ton of rebounds. Looks ready for a breakout Season. 

If you play him in the g-league he's going to dominate. Because that's all he does against lesser competition. 

We need him to figure out the NBA game. The only way he can do that is by playing the NBA game. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

SGA take?

I was joking so don't take it seriously but I was going through draft stuff the other day and remembered this:

32 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The problem is the g-league is good for skill development. Bamba's issue isn't skill development. It's implementation. 

Bamba goes into summer league his rookie year. Looks great. Hits threes. Blocks shots. Looks fantastic.

Bamba goes into preseason. Looks fantastic. Hits 60% of his shots overall, 50% of his threes, super productive on offense. Blocks a ton of shots. Grabs a ton of rebounds. Looks like a great pick. 

Plays in preseason. Looks fantastic. Hits 60% of his shots overall, 50% of his threes. Super productive on offense. Blocks a ton of shots. Grabs a ton of rebounds. Looks ready for a breakout Season. 

If you play him in the g-league he's going to dominate. Because that's all he does against lesser competition. 

We need him to figure out the NBA game. The only way he can do that is by playing the NBA game. 

Hold up bigun. How many summer league games did bamba play this year?  Dominant in one game is misleading. Also how many touches did he get in that game? He was the first option when he was in that one game. He knows that Now he is the designated screen setter and bail out guy. He gets zero sets for him. 

So imagine you’ve gotten all this hype going into the draft. Worked with KG on your game. Feeling really good about your self. Then the year goes the way it did. So you work really hard in the off season and want to get that feeling again. Have that great summer league game and there it is, that feeling. 

Fast forward to the present. Relegated to what he’s given now. It’s got to be extremely deflating.

so I don’t see ANY reason not to send him to the g league and really work on his game and get that “feeling” about himself and then come back with a new sense of determination and then maybe Clifford will let him blossom. 

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Hold up bigun. How many summer league games did bamba play this year?  Dominant in one game is misleading. Also how many touches did he get in that game? He was the first option when he was in that one game. He knows that Now he is the designated screen setter and bail out guy. He gets zero sets for him. 

So imagine you’ve gotten all this hype going into the draft. Worked with KG on your game. Feeling really good about your self. Then the year goes the way it did. So you work really hard in the off season and want to get that feeling again. Have that great summer league game and there it is, that feeling. 

Fast forward to the present. Relegated to what he’s given now. It’s got to be extremely deflating.

so I don’t see ANY reason not to send him to the g league and really work on his game and get that “feeling” about himself and then come back with a new sense of determination and then maybe Clifford will let him blossom. 

Nah. I don't see it. He goes to the g-league. Gets plays run for him and looks great. How's that help him get NBA timing and look less flustered?

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. I don't see it. He goes to the g-league. Gets plays run for him and looks great. How's that help him get NBA timing and look less flustered?

Confidence in reps in live games. What is he learning right now? And what skill is he developing now. I see regression not development. 

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Confidence in reps in live games. What is he learning right now? And what skill is he developing now. I see regression not development. 

I don't disagree that there is merit to confidence causing issues but he's going to go right back to being a low usage player. And we need our center of the future to be able to succeed with low usage

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

One thing about mo bamba and the summer league, he barley played. He got in 2-3 games (if i remember correctly) and that was it.

We all know he can show up for 1-2 games. His issue is showing a motor over a longer period. I also want him to get real time mins, I just want him to be pulled during games, if he is killing us. If he does not know the plays in practice or the basic rotations, then do not play him until he has a minimum understanding. If he is lacking major in understanding of basic rotations and plays and just purely sucks even in practice. Then I can see him being jettisoned to the g league to figure that out.

As of now, as much as I hate watching him, he is not impacting statically good or bad during the game - even though it looks horrific (at least to me). Therefore, the best place for him is to play is in real games, but when mo starts hurting us in wins and loses, you cant allow that to happen. The way he is playing, it is only a matter of time that it reflects bad on the team. Team first, I was always told; but until then, we will see the dear in headlights for 14mins a game... 

I just dont want it to cause us to lose. I want us to be top 4-5 in the east.  At the same time, there needs to be a balance. Regardless if I liked it or not, we did invest a 6th pick on Mo Bamba. That was a whole season of suckage. I dont want mo or the pain of our fan sweat equity to go to waste. Those years was painful to watch. I really do want Mo to do well. I am a fan of the team. Teams die on missing on their high picks.

We had victor, gordon, payton, mario, isaac and mo all top ten picks. We need to do better at development and being patience.  It is imperative we find the balance. 

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I hope I’m wrong. I’m a diehard fan for our team since inception 89’

I dont think any of us want him to be bad. It is just hard to watch. The pain of all those loses to get mo is hard to fathom if he is a bust. I just hate missing on talent, so I hope it works out. So when I see thing on the court, it really does trouble me. 

I remember watching Trae young and doncic all year, before they were drafted. I just knew we would get one of them. Then we had the nerve to win the last game of the year. We were one pick away from young. Our prize after that was Mo bamba. 

Everyday I am blessed to see doncic and young kill. It just makes me smile. 

27 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

Anybody heard anything anout MCW?

MCW is out for tomorrow. we will not know anything for about 3 more days via the coach.