Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

36 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He looks terrible. 

You can't dispute the impact though. It's measured. It's not something I'm making an opinion on. It's just literaly "when he defends a shot they're going in x% of the time" or "when he's on the court opponents score x% of the time". However terrible he looks on the court and however often he's out of position his overall impact is positive. Or at the very least it's not negative.

We can argue about the efficacy of these statistics and what they actually mean. We can discuss the how responsible he is for the accumulation of these statistics or the situational causes for these measurements. 

But there's physically not one metric available that says he's a bad or even below average defender. 

I can't check. I am at work. I think his win share was in the negatives 

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

“If I didn’t know better this sounds like a somewhat racist thing to say”

Pretty much but no worries. You didn’t know any better.

You can say something that can be interpreted as racial without be a racist. All I was saying. And no I don’t have any idea if you are one or not. 

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Maybe Mo feels left out on the offense, thus reducing his motivation. Anybody on the floor should get a few plays designed for him. He gets none. You want to feel needed and appreciated on both sides of the court.  

And magicman you made me laugh thanks and I never called you one. But columbine?  I was roaring hahahahahahaha on that typo. 

Thank you, Fan For Too Long!

I mentioned the motivation in another post, but someone else said that he should not have to be motivated.

I agree with your entire 1st paragraph, Fan For Too Long, especially the part where a few plays should be designed for Bamba. A player's confidence has to be eroded when you sit there on the bench and watch the starter (Vucevic) given designed plays. And when you (Bamba) go in with the second unit, everybody gets to shoot the ball except you.

Let me try to explain it a little better. When the second unit has the ball, there are passes to a few guys and then shot attempts. I have never seen plays designed for Bamba. I know that you are going to criticize how he handles screens and pick and rolls. But not all plays designed for Vuch are screens and pick and rolls. Try some stretch 4 with Bamba or ally oops- -I don't know--try something.

Someone suggests Bamba should try diving for loose balls and chasing balls before balls go out of bounds. Are you kidding me?  Bamba is 7'1". Although he gained some weight over the summer, he is still this tall (beanstalk) guy with skinny ankles. Sure, Shaq use to dive for  balls going out of bounds, but his body build could absorb the impact. Even Vuch has problems handling the ball when it's down around his ankles.

Entering Bamba's first year,  all the talk about B.I.G being the future of the Magic, Bamba had to be pumped. He played well last season before his injury late in the season. 

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thank you, Fan For Too Long!

I mentioned the motivation in another post, but someone else said that he should not have to be motivated.

I agree with your entire 1st paragraph, Fan For Too Long, especially the part where a few plays should be designed for Bamba. A player's  confidence has to be eroded when you sit there on the bench and watch the starter (Vucevic) given designed plays. And when you (Bamba) goes in with the second unit, everybody gets to shoot the ball except you.

Let me try to explain it a little better. When the second unit has the ball, there are passes to a few guys and then shot attempts. I have never seen plays designed for Bamba. I know that you are going to criticize how he handles screens and pick and rolls. But not all plays designed for Vuch are screens and pick and rolls. Try some stretch 4 with Bamba or ally oops-  -I don't know--try something.

Someone suggests Bamba should try diving for loose balls and chasing balls before balls go out of bounds. Are you kidding me?  Bamba is 7'1". Although he gained some weight over the summer, he is still this tall (beanstalk) guy with skinny ankles. Sure, Shaq use to dive for  balls going out of bounds, but his body build could absorb the impact. Even Vuch has problems handling the ball when it's down around his ankles.

Entering Bamba's first year,  all the talk about B.I.G being the future of the Magic, Bamba had to be pumped. He played well last season before his injury late in the season. 

Bamba has no discernable offensive game is the issue. He has not shown the ability to establish post position or catch the ball and make a move in the post....much less score with his back to the basket. If he would actually set screens we could involve him more in the PNR game but so often he doesn't set screens and instead slips the screen which hasn't yielded him much of anything. At the moment, all he can really do is catch and shoot from three and he typically gets one or two looks per game. At this point that's honestly all he's really capable of handling. Its really up to him to improve if he wants more plays run for him unfortunately

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Bamba has no discernable offensive game is the issue. He has not shown the ability to establish post position or catch the ball and make a move in the post....much less score with his back to the basket. If he would actually set screens we could involve him more in the PNR game but so often he doesn't set screens and instead slips the screen which hasn't yielded him much of anything. At the moment, all he can really do is catch and shoot from three and he typically gets one or two looks per game. At this point that's honestly all he's really capable of handling. Its really up to him to improve if he wants more plays run for him unfortunately

Yep. 

5 hours ago, LaVar said:

I will leave mo alone for a few games. I waited for 10 plus game. Some people really like his d for some reason. I don't. He doesn't pass the eye test. I will try to watch even more over the next few games. Maybe I am wrong. 

I hope I’m wrong. I’m a diehard fan for our team since inception 89’

Are we sure that moving Bamba to the G League won't help him? I mean, if he won't get minutes because he's on a pitch count, I get it. However, if the opposite is true and he can get some major minutes it might help him learn and also help him gain some confidence because he should be able to contribute. Right now he must feel completely humiliated when he's on the court. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Are we sure that moving Bamba to the G League won't help him? I mean, if he won't get minutes because he's on a pitch count, I get it. However, if the opposite is true and he can get some major minutes it might help him learn and also help him gain some confidence because he should be able to contribute. Right now he must feel completely humiliated when he's on the court.