Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's coming off his worst two games. Just like we can't judge Fournier off the last few games we have to judge Bamba on the entirety of his season. 

That being said he's not improving and I don't know why. 

Watching his rookie debut highlights against the Heat he looks like a totally different player. I have no clue how his game is worse today than in his first game.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Bamba is going to hurt me like Hezonja hurt me. 

Maybe he needs to visit and train under Hakeem Olajuwon. . .I don't know. . . just a thought. 

I don't want to give up on Bamba just yet. As some one mentioned, we saw a glimpse of his potential in his rookie (1st year). He hasn't been the same post injury last season. It might be mental.

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's coming off his worst two games. Just like we can't judge Fournier off the last few games we have to judge Bamba on the entirety of his season. 

That being said he's not improving and I don't know why. 

Is it our coaching? Bamba’s confidence seems to be withering before our eyes. I can't tell if he is more clueless or more useless, but something needs to be done, if possible. 

We talk about trading Vooch; however, I am not sure we can if that means more Bamba. Yes, it has gotten that bad. We are stuck if we want to make the playoffs.

I think something has caused Bamba's confidence to erode.

Everybody's different--some young players may come into the league with a lot of confidence and others might need approval. You have to admit that Fultz had problems coming in (to the Magic), trying to get back to how he played before he was drafted. Magic fans and front office's PR continued to follow him, cheered him on, and let him know that we/they were in his corner and he could do it.

Bamba might need that kind of encouragement.

The main problem I see with Bamba is effort. The eye test for me says he could be putting in much much more effort. 

Things like that should be standard procedure. That in itself is a major concern. I'm willing to be patient with him though.

Part of it also is his timing is off and positioning I feel

54 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The main problem I see with Bamba is effort. The eye test for me says he could be putting in much much more effort. 

Things like that should be standard procedure. That in itself is a major concern. I'm willing to be patient with him though.

Part of it also is his timing is off and positioning I feel

His problem isn't effort at all. He's trying really hard. He's moving well. He's contesting shots at a very high rate. 

His problem is he's rushing through the steps of what he's supposed to do. He's rolling early on screens and not making contact because he's rushing to his next position. He got a dumb turnover because he was rushing through the play, DJ was supposed to come up and get the ball but audibled and cut back door and he threw a pass to a ghost. Whenever a play breaks down he's completely lost and just runs up and sets a screen so it looks like he's doing something and a lot of times it crowds the ball handler. He's just got no feel for what he should be doing. 

The one thing I can contribute to effort is sometimes he doesn't box out and just ball watches. That's about it though. 

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

His problem isn't effort at all. He's trying really hard. He's moving well. He's contesting shots at a very high rate. 

His problem is he's rushing through the steps of what he's supposed to do. He's rolling early on screens and not making contact because he's rushing to his next position. He got a dumb turnover because he was rushing through the play, DJ was supposed to come up and get the ball but audibled and cut back door and he threw a pass to a ghost. Whenever a play breaks down he's completely lost and just runs up and sets a screen so it looks like he's doing something and a lot of times it crowds the ball handler. He's just got no feel for what he should be doing. 

The one thing I can contribute to effort is sometimes he doesn't box out and just ball watches. That's about it though. 

So, 4thewin, if what you described as Bamba's problem, can it be fixed or do you think it's not worth the wait if he does not improve short term?

4 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Magic finnaly getting some love on NBA.Com... Normally you have to deep dive the site to find anything about the magic

Magic.thumb.JPG.4c0b300387c4dd08d5b7077f3b1f4139.JPG

If Fultz starts scoring more than 30 points a game, we'll get more than the "headlines" section.  We'll probably have him as him in a league pass infomercial with Kawhi, Harden's Iso's, Russell Westbrook's low q triple doubles, Curry's ridiculous threes, and LeBron's forearm.  

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

So, 4thewin, if what you described as Bamba's problem, can it be fixed or do you think it's not worth the wait if he does not improve short term?

In theory it should improve with experience but we should see some sort of upward trajectory in his play as he accumulates minutes and we're not seeing it. If anything it's getting worse. 

We just need to wait this out for a while and he's either going to figure things out or he's not.