Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

35 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's why our goal is to be an average offensive team, not a bottom 10 offensive team. 

Additionally, I think it's kind of disingenuous to use career averages for expected 3 point percentage. Gordon is a career 31% three point shooter but has shot 34% over the past 2 seasons. The expectation for his shooting is closer to 34 than 31. Isaac is a career 33% three point shooter but the expectation is he shoots much higher than that. 

Beyond Vucevic, Aaron Gordon has still not taken the leap from worthy rotation player to top option. At the start of the 2017-18 season, Gordon seemed like he’d broken out as a scorer, as he made 59.5 percent of his 3s during his first 10 games. And then he settled back to his normal levels (30.0 percent from 3 over the rest of the season), and now it’s unclear whether he’ll ever reach that next level. Among 168 active players who have attempted at least 1,000 career 3s, Gordon ranks 160th in 3-point percentage.

I tend to believe the last 70 games where he shot 30% is a better indicator than the first 10 games when he shot an unsustainable 60%

5 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I tend to believe the last 70 games where he shot 30% is a better indicator than the first 10 games when he shot an unsustainable 60%

Why specifically single out shooting from 2 years ago? Last year he shot 34% pre all star, 37% post all star and 40% in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why specifically single out shooting from 2 years ago? Last year he shot 34% pre all star, 37% post all star and 40% in the playoffs. 

Because some people really, really dislike Aaron Gordon.

I realize we’ve gotten off to a horrible start, but there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel! Not only, imho, will our shooting percentage improve but also our defense will tighten down the more we discover rotations that work well together! We also have a first round draft pick waiting in the wings that should be an aggressive two way player. Looking long term, with Fultz, Bamba and JI improving enough to lead the way, a return to our former winning ways is becoming within reach!!

• Upvote 1

Bamba is disappointing his first game ever in his rookie season he was great and I was like finally we have a good one. I really hope its an injury thing.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

JI out tonight due to an ankle sprain. Aminu starting

He injured himself during the jersey reveal last night i might add....

Absolute shambles

I’m real happy with Fultz’s  progression. He also hit all his free throws tonight; his shot will come around. He’s very well rounded. We have potential All Stars in him and JI.

Harden is leading the league with 38.7 points/game

Drummond is leading the league with 17 rebounds/game

James is leading the league with 11.1 assists/game

Those are all staggering numbers