Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

If your planning on moving on from Fournier anyway and can snatch a pick or asset; then maybe. Otherwise he’s 30 with a lot of miles with no 3 pt shot. I don’t think I wouldn’t give up any good young assets. We need a scorer that fits our timeline and the guy that fits that bill is DRuss; can he and Fultz coexist?

9 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

So what are we thinking about the Derozan speculation? There is a lot of reads out there saying it would be dumb including Spurs fans as they are turning on him. Is he better than Fournier... not real sure besides the volume scoring he has. A lot of talk around being a ball hog and taking risky shots so not much difference with Fournier really. Have not watched him on the Spurs but surely he can defend better than Fournier. 

There's a thought process that his defense and consistent scoring would be an improvement over Fournier even accounting for a lack of shooting. 

But, yeah, I dunno. I don't like the fit and he's falling out of favor with a team that's perfectly happy embracing who he is as a basketball player. Not a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

There's a thought process that his defense and consistent scoring would be an improvement over Fournier even accounting for a lack of shooting. 

But, yeah, I dunno. I don't like the fit and he's falling out of favor with a team that's perfectly happy embracing who he is as a basketball player. Not a good sign. 

Yeah that is my worry I guess the problem is that we dont have an consistent SG's at the moment in Fournier and Ross. I feel we should probably ride it out for another 10 or so games before we re-evaluate what is out there. I was actually having a look at Bogdan Bogdonovic as he is a RFA next year but basically he and Fournier have the same stats and are the same age so the decline will happen more quickly with Bogdan I think. Also wondering on thoughts if we could go for Montrezl Harrell at the deadline I like his game a fair bit.

Anybody have changed thoughts on Wiggins? Kid’s been on a tear so far this year! Still an awful contract though and probably not even on the trade block anymore unless they think this is an anomaly and try to sell high 

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Anybody have changed thoughts on Wiggins? Kid’s been on a tear so far this year! Still an awful contract though and probably not even on the trade block anymore unless they think this is an anomaly and try to sell high 

I think he's turned the corner finally

Watching Heat/Cavs and I’m dreading playing Miami. They have so many annoying, dirty players with punchable faces. Herro, Leonard, Olynyk, Butler, Dragic.... ugh, I’m gonna swear a lot when we play them

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

19 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I think he's turned the corner finally

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he has had stretches where he's looked the part. Maybe he has turned the corner but I wouldn't be making that assessment at this point. 

10 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Actually, I think tennis is probably the best athletic comparison of any other sport from the standpoint of distances run, start/stop and change of direction, emphasis on legs and shoulders. The biggest difference from the athletic standpoint is undoubtedly the amount of contact (none in tennis, obviously). Good point about the fluke crop of all-time great players though. 

Compared to the other sports you might be right, but there's generally a lot more strength involved with basketball.  Bulkier muscles obviously put more strain on joints and tendons.  Nadal was one of the few tennis players who really went heavily into strength training and subsequently had a bunch of injuries early in his career; he started staying healthier once he backed off of that.  I doubt Federer has lifted a weight in years.