Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Maybe we've been limiting fultz's minutes so we can play him 40 minutes tomorrow

It would be a great jump start to get us back on track.

Struggling team with playoff aspirations but a disappointing start rallies around embattled former #1 pick as he breaks out against former team.

12 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last 5 games he's averaged 18ppg on 56% shooting. 

In fact, over the last 5 games Vucevic (19/13), Gordon, Fournier (48% from 3), and Isaac (13 ppg, 3.6 blocks) are giving us exactly what we need from them. It's the bench that's killing us. No shooting from dj. Not enough offense from Ross. Bamba, MCW, aminu are super inefficient simultaneously despite playing good to great defense. Need more from them. Sunday was the right game to play the starters 38 minutes with the next game not until Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. 

And if the bench can't score, double down on defense (I.e. bench DJ). We're fine if our bench can play opponents to a stand still. Just throw mcw-iwundu-aminu-Isaac-Bamba out there. If we go 3-14 but hold the opponents to 4-14 it's no big hurdle for the starters to overcome. 

That may be true some of the time, but in the last game against Indiana, it wasn't the bench who came out to start the 3rd quarter and let the Pacers go on a 12-0 run.  I think there's more to it.

Just now, JJZFL said:

That may be true some of the time, but in the last game against Indiana, it wasn't the bench who came out to start the 3rd quarter and let the Pacers go on a 12-0 run.  I think there's more to it.

Runs are normal. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Runs are normal. 

That stretch turned around the game.  We were outscored 30-17 in that quarter.  Never recovered.

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That stretch turned around the game.  We were outscored 30-17 in that quarter.  Never recovered.

What are you taking about never recovered? It was a 2 point game in the fourth. 

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

What are you taking about never recovered? It was a 2 point game in the fourth. 

We had a 9 point lead at the end of the first half and looked to be controlling the game.  The starters came in sluggish and we lost the lead right away.  While the game was close after that, it was that stretch that set the stage for us  to lose.  Our second half was much worse than the first.  And by no means was it just the bench that caused us problems.

42 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We had a 9 point lead at the end of the first half and looked to be controlling the game.  The starters came in sluggish and we lost the lead right away.  While the game was close after that, it was that stretch that set the stage for us  to lose.  Our second half was much worse than the first.  And by no means was it just the bench that caused us problems.

The starters didn’t come in sluggish, Fournier started playing iso ball and stopped moving the ball on offense. Then AG followed suit. When we do that on offense we fail. Not sure why this team is so stubbornly opposed to ball movement, but when the ball stops it’s almost always Fournier, AG, or Aminu off the bench. Surely Cliff has “watched the film” and should be able to point this out and address it by now 

I wish Cliff would swap out MCW for Iwundu. MKC has absolutely no jump shot! How can you be in the league this long with as many minutes that he has played and shoot so poorly? I think he might even be worse then as a Rookie offensively. Wes was improving and finished the year shooting near 38%; make the switch for god sakes. MKC defense can’t be that much better then Wes. I know he pushing the ball......

20 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I wish Cliff would swap out MCW for Iwundu. MKC has absolutely no jump shot! How can you be in the league this long with as many minutes that he has played and shoot so poorly? I think he might even be worse then as a Rookie offensively. Wes was improving and finished the year shooting near 38%; make the switch for god sakes. MKC defense can’t be that much better then Wes. I know he pushing the ball......

Iwundu has played real minutes in two games. He's 0-7 on shots 2-4 on free throws. Negative impact guy both games. 

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Iwundu has played real minutes in two games. He's 0-7 on shots 2-4 on free throws. Negative impact guy both games. 

I don't know if last year carries over or not but I don't think that's fair. 

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

At least Wes has a history of being able to shoot the ball perhaps once he gets in rhythm then he can show again

I'm not sure we have evidence that he can shoot. I know his numbers improved at the end of last year but he had stretches where he'd hit 4 of 5 then go 11 games without hitting one. Then go 7 of 10 for a stretch. Ultimately he made 29 last year and 10 post all star. So I'll not really confident that he can shoot.