Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's still trying to figure out how to fit in. 

I don't know if Isaac needs plays run for him. He does pretty well just picking his spots. 

I do want him to get a bigger role but I don't see that happening until we dump someone

the only thing I think isaac really needs and the team needs to do with isaac is attack switches. There are too many times that he has 5 inches on a defender and we dont go to him. He flashes in the lane and evan and vuch just ignore him. We got to attack mismatches with our team. He also needs to get a nice hook shot for a post move. It would be nice for him with small players on his back. As of now, he normally faces and just tries to shot over them. He needs more moves in the post. 

2 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

What are the odds we can develop Chuma into a SG/SF? He would be a deadly mismatch at the 2 and he would fill a position of need.

I personally see him as a SF, but not a sg. We need to see where he is vs nba player first.

Thank y’all for accepting me - I have been a fan since day one and have been following this site for 2 years or so. I realize everybody has their own opinion - hopefully we can all just get along!!!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

What are the odds we can develop Chuma into a SG/SF? He would be a deadly mismatch at the 2 and he would fill a position of need.

0%. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to be a 2 full time. Not that he's slow. He can stick with guards on a play but he can't do that every time down the court. 

He's basically supposed to be the good version of Jae Crowder when he was Boston's best player. 

4 hours ago, Amkyka said:

Thank y’all for accepting me - I have been a fan since day one and have been following this site for 2 years or so. I realize everybody has their own opinion - hopefully we can all just get along!!!

Welcome!

Shifting gears a little bit in an effort to get more educated.... The screen and roll is a bread and butter play for a lot of players and sometimes it can give us trouble defending it. How do you think we are doing this year defending it? Are we getting better, staying the same, or are we getting worse? To my eye, I think Fultz and MCWs ability to fight through the screen is helping us, but I wanted to hear what others think. 

not too difficult to see why we have a losing record...it's tough to win if you can't make shots

Team Rankings

2nd in Turnovers With 14 or more Turnovers, Orlando Magic are 0 - 5 | Games
 2nd in Blocks With 7 or more Blocks, Orlando Magic are 1 - 4 | Games
 2nd in Defense With 99 or more Points allowed, Orlando Magic are 0 - 5 | Games
 4th in Offensive Rebounds With 12 or more Offensive Rebounds, Orlando Magic are 2 - 2 | Games
 5th in Rebounds With 49 or more rebounds, Orlando Magic are 2 - 1 | Games
 6th in Steals With 9 or more Steals, Orlando Magic are 2 - 2 | Games
 8th in Free-throws percentage With .764 or higher Free-throws percentage, Orlando Magic are 1 - 4 | Games
 11st in Defensive Rebounds With 37 or more Defensive rebounds, Orlando Magic are 3 - 3 | Games
 18th in Field-goals attempts With 89 or more Field-goals attempts, Orlando Magic are 1 - 3 | Games
 20th in 3-point attempts With 31 or more 3-point attempts, Orlando Magic are 1 - 3 | Games
 24th in Assists With 22 or more Assists, Orlando Magic are 3 - 3 | Games
 24th in Free-throws made With 17 or more Free-throws made, Orlando Magic are 1 - 3 | Games
 24th in Efficiency recap With 110 or more Efficiency recap, Orlando Magic are 3 - 1 | Games
 26th in Fouls With 21 or more Fouls, Orlando Magic are 0 - 3 | Games
 27th in Free-throws attempts With 22 or more Free-throws attempts, Orlando Magic are 1 - 3 | Games
 28th in Field-goals made With 37 or more Field-goals made, Orlando Magic are 3 - 2 | Games
 30th in 3-point percentage With .257 or higher 3-point percentage, Orlando Magic are 2 - 2 | Games
 30th in Field-goals percentage With .416 or higher Field-goals percentage, Orlando Magic are 3 - 2 | Games
 30th in Offense With 98 or more Points, Orlando Magic are 1 - 2 | Games
 30th in 3-point made With 9 or more 3-point made, Orlando Magic are 2 - 2 | Games

Wow I’m disappointed... Just woke up from a realistic dream where we were on a 6 game winning streak, my hearts broken. Well, atleast there’s a game tonight we can win 2 in a row and start a win streak. 

6 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am not sure the defensive rating along with the offensive rating do much to accurately reflect an individual player’s performance.

That said, I am looking for stats that will do that. Any suggestions?

It's not an accurate reflection. The original tweet used the numbers to make a conclusion that the numbers don't really provide. 

What we can get from that is we play good defense when Bamba is on the court. We can't use that to imply that Bamba is the reason that we play good defense. 

So when we watch games going forward we need to see why this is happening.

Is it just random luck where opponents are missing open shots while he's on the court?

It's it lineup based? Is he playing in lineups with great defenders or not playing in lineups with bad defenders?

It's it matchup based? Is he playing against bad opponents? Is he benefiting from sitting against Milwaukee and Dallas and not having those numbers counting against him?

Is he deterring opponent shots when he's in the game that provides some sort of value in spite of his typical bad/slow positioning?

This is all stuff we need to just watch when he's in the game. 

The one conclusion we can make is whatever you want to say about Bamba on defense, opponents can't or won't take advantage of him. So he's not having a negative impact on defense. It's all been really positive. 

• Upvote 1