Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

Griffin already hurt

I Though Robert Griffin II  was not playing anymore. Shame.

ohh... Blake. I get it. No surprise there

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know. We typically have terrible preseason views even when we are good. 

Fultz is interesting. People want to see what's up with him. 

Maybe because half the games were blacked out.

The Raptors are one injury to a top 4 guy away from being in major trouble. They have no depth at all. 

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The Raptors are one injury to a top 4 guy away from being in major trouble. They have no depth at all. 

I've been running around saying this for a month. They have a really good top 5 who can't play together and have very few reliable players

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I've been running around saying this for a month. They have a really good top 5 who can't play together and have very few reliable players

It is quite jarring to see it in practice. Even if no one gets hurt — is their plan really to play an 8 man rotation involving Gasol and Ibaka? Seems like a good way to have those guys break down. 

I'm really excited for this season to start up.  Football has been more boring to me than ever and the Braves really shat the bed so I am ready for some basketball.  It doesn't hurt that we are looking to be at least as good as last season-maybe even better! I think our Mod has it right, if we start off strong this season I think we have a chance to take a real step forward collectively.  I'm excited!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

How do they expect to run Lowry and VanVleet all year? Most teams are going to dominate that duo. 

30 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I'm really excited for this season to start up.  Football has been more boring to me than ever and the Braves really shat the bed so I am ready for some basketball.  It doesn't hurt that we are looking to be at least as good as last season-maybe even better! I think our Mod has it right, if we start off strong this season I think we have a chance to take a real step forward collectively.  I'm excited!

This might be the most optimistic I have ever seen you! What's going on here?! Lol. 

We're healthy. We're coming off 5 days of rest. We're playing at home. We already had our unprepared letdown games in the preseason. Clifford says we're focused and playing extremely well. We're playing a team that just lost by 23 and 46 points to Boston twice in the preseason. We're playing a team that's supposedly starting a rookie that's been banged up this preseason shifting their second year point guard to shooting guard (he's 6'2). 

They're presumably starting a lineup with 4 sub-par defenders and Tristan Thompson. Their bench is filled with more sub-par defenders and dellevedova. They're undersized. They arguably don't have a power forward in the rotation. 

This should be the perfect matchup for us. They have nobody who can defend Gordon. Fournier should have an advantage on offense. We should be able to exploit mismatches constantly. Even if we have a bad shooting night our defense should be able to put us in a good spot. 

Losing this game would be a disappointment. Unless Garland is some elite level rookie that had been hidden due to injury and he's really like Lillard level good already we shouldn't have a problem tonight

• Downvote 1

We don't have a look ahead game coming up. We don't have to travel tomorrow. We aren't trying to incorporate a new system. We have a rotation with 6 veteran players who can play in combinations together. 

No real excuses

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1