Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

They blew it, let's face it. As the other people are discussing, questionable decisions at the top. I do not want Cliff fired or the gm's yet.. The Magic have had too many changes already in the last 8 years. So keep the coach and gm and start getting rid of players. It's time, Isaacs injury is what is really motivating me to say this. Our cap is a mess and Jonathan had the most upside of all our players. It's the team that plays it safe that gets nowhere. Trust me the injury never happened and we played the whole bubble like we did the scrimmiges then maybe we keep people.

It's too late, it's done as others have said, even in the best case scenario i do not see us even making the playoffs next year.Only if everyone else is healthy, and we replace who is leaving. Our starters are mediocre our draft picks aren't developing and our all-star plays the least important position in the new NBA.

Blow it up.

Blow it up has never been an effective team building strategy. It only serves to keep the team perpetually bad and a revolving door of young talent and coaches.

Your reasoning makes no sense. You say there has been too much change which has negatively affected the team, for which the remedy is... changing all the players? You say that if the team had stayed healthy through the the restart and played well you would want the players to stay, but since they didn’t they all just need to go? You say the draft picks aren’t developing which is a fault of the greater team staff but you are fine with keeping all those people in place?

(Also teams like Denver and Miami have shown the center position is far from the least important and are actually the fulcrum of those squads, alongside all the other teams for whom centers play an important role, but I will let that point slide)

I get that it is frustrating watching a team that is seemingly stagnant, and I think there are definite issues with the Weltman’s team building philosophy, but you paint a picture that is far more severe than reality.

The reality is that the team as currently constructed is not one that is going to compete for championships, but will still make the playoffs every year, and may be intentionally built that way. Any drastic improvement for this team is going to come from a leap in individual improvement from Gordon, Isaac, or Fultz (I guess throw Bamba in there). And make no mistake, each of those ended this season better than they started it. Unfortunately, hindering any big leap is the fact that the pieces around them aren’t really built to maximize their success.

But! The contracts are such that when the maligned, overpriced mainstays are coming off the books, the aforementioned trio should be entering their prime with hopefully some newly found pieces along the way, Abe all the sudden with a lot of cap flexibility!

...Or at least that is the idea. I’m skeptical it ends up working,  it I understand the reasoning in it. And in the mean time, it is better to have a ~.500 team that gets to play in meaningful games at the end of the year and grow together

tldr The sky is not falling, get over it

Wrong buddy. The team that only relies on getting rid of players and playing rookies becomes a revolving door of sadness. What i want is a team that starts making moves. 

Rookies in today's NBA are more raw and unproductive then ever before with only a few exceptions. Most of the teams i have mentioned the last 24 months have used draft picks and cap space to absorb cast-offs or disgruntled players. Adding to those players draft picks who have time to grow. Throw a bunch of rookies together with no leaders equals disaster, cultivating a team with a few good vets can change things. See Toronto the last ten years. Houston, Memphis and even Philly after the proccess. Even Dallas acquired a few good pieces before Luka and Zingus. Portland and indiana make lots of changes and have drafted stars. The Suns have made huge changes and they actually hit on Booker, still made huge mistakes and overturned the whole roster.

Edit; The sky is falling. More then any other season the last 8 years this is it. Do me a favor and go watch the movie Margin Call.

Pay attention to Jeremy Irons character and his speech. The music is about to stop and we are going to be holding the biggest bag of excrement in the NBA. We have no cap space, no killer young talent not injured and the young talent we do is injured and Questionable. No way to absorb useful contracts like the Hawks or Memphis or Cleveland did recently. No way to trade for a disgruntled star like several other teams have recently. Nothing.

Be first, be smarter or cheat.

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

So what are these “moves” you want to make outside of your nonsensical suggestions earlier? Or do you also just want to blow up the team for the sake of it?

LOL you kidding me give me another bored day and i'll suggest 100 of em better then the nothing our management has done.

Here is number 1...super easy number 1 move for this franchise. The millisecond you can give Bamba any kind of upside again, trade him. Even though that time might have passed. Like many past moves that were missed might be too late, but i would guess there is going to be one more chance.

It's like the old saying when a pair of guys is being chased by the lion or bear. I just have to be faster then the next guy, not the lion.I'm telling you right now the Magic are the "next guy". We are the Knicks and Kings right now, and we are the Twolves and Suns since the Nash era. The organization has  4 really bad reputations right now.

Dysfunction, no real leadership, no ability to develop players and and an elephant in the room nobody talks about.

The elephant in the room? Which Star player has left the Magic in the last 30 years without some kind of problem with the team?

Think about it,Shaq,Penny,Hill,Mcgrady,Dwight,Hedo,Lewis,Nelson,Dipo and i'm using the phrase star player recklessly here. What i really mean is nobody has left this team either as the hero or as former beloved player going on his own terms. Really truly think about that. We are dangerously close to the team that pisses everyone off and goes 15 years without a good team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Super easy huh? What kind of return do you think you are getting for Bamba if you are so quick to drop him?

I said he will have to show something first it's too late now i would have traded him with Evan at the deadline.

18 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

It's like the old saying when a pair of guys is being chased by the lion or bear. I just have to be faster then the next guy, not the lion.I'm telling you right now the Magic are the "next guy". We are the Knicks and Kings right now, and we are the Twolves and Suns since the Nash era. The organization has  4 really bad reputations right now.

Dysfunction, no real leadership, no ability to develop players and and an elephant in the room nobody talks about.

The elephant in the room? Which Star player has left the Magic in the last 30 years without some kind of problem with the team?

Think about it,Shaq,Penny,Hill,Mcgrady,Dwight,Hedo,Lewis,Nelson,Dipo and i'm using the phrase star player recklessly here. What i really mean is nobody has left this team either as the hero or as former beloved player going on his own terms. Really truly think about that. We are dangerously close to the team that pisses everyone off and goes 15 years without a good team.

You are correct!!!  Where we go from here has got to be down before up unfortunately we haven’t sold high and bought low. Oh and that movie was good. But don’t worry the Devos family has their golden parachutes on the ready for themselves. Lol

• Upvote 1

Bamba's upside is not in the realm of any superstar center in the NBA right now. The league has changed, there are truly only two superstar centers in the league right now.

Jokic and Embiid  are the only true superstar centers right now and what's funny it's two different skill sets. Kat, Davis,Zingus play like power forwards. There are only a handful of other actual centers that do something elite right now, lead by Gobert. Bamba is a center, not a power forward his absolute ceiling is Myles Turner, a very useful player who might get traded by next years deadline.