Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

As always I love your optimism, but the Bucks swept the season series with us with an average margin of victory of 17. 

So did the Raptors and Magic still took a game from them last year so anything can happen in the playoffs!

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

So did the Raptors and Magic still took a game from them last year so anything can happen in the playoffs!

That’s not true. We split the regular season series with Toronto last year 2-2.

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s not true. We split the regular season series with Toronto last year 2-2.

Ahh, I looked at the wrong season then

• Downvote 1

Sadly, now that we're locked at 8, we should tank so all the teams that are fighting for the playoff spot in the west could go ahead of us. :(

An healthy Fournier would help!!! :D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Sadly, now that we're locked at 8, we should tank so all the teams that are fighting for the playoff spot in the west could go ahead of us. :(

Wouldn’t matter. Best pick we can get is 15. Non-playoff teams get 1-14 regardless, even if they have a better record than a playoff team in the other division.

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yes. And then a big NO. A healthy Fournier?hahaha. 

17 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

just realised we have the 5th highest payroll in the league!! wow..

What are we really doing. Shocking

This is important this off season, was even more important last offseason, but it's never too late to start.The magic need to get this under control. Flexibility is king in this new NBA. As an example despite being the tire fire of organizations, the Suns and Wolves purged their rosters the last two seasons, giving up actual good players to get control of their cap space again.(Covington,Warren). 

Let me be more specific, we have 3 players who need to get paid very soon and we are already up against a wall. These players being Fultz,Isaac and after that Bamba(lol).

I think it's the right time for a reset. Everyone should be on the block. We should be looking to get lean, gain space and picks. It's too late to save this team.Everyone should be on the block, nobody is untouchable.Just my thoughts. Of course it's all relative, for instance who is gonna trade for Isaac or Fultz? Two players all of you would freak out on for even mentioning. Honestly  who would trade for them right now? So again, i say everyone is available even if it's just to gain shorter contracts and picks. Including our beloved Aaron Gordon who i was just reminded has one of the lowest effective field goal percentages in the NBA. 

I also do not think Evan plays for us ever again, think he sits out for the rest of this mess and turns down the option.He knows he has value and doesn't want to get hurt.He will bolt and we will have one less asset. Best case scenario is a sign and trade to help another team that already wants him but has a few bad contracts to dump.

It's time.

• Downvote 1

Ross is an asset with a strong showing next year, his contract is good. Obviously Gordon is an asset, great contract and fit with certain teams. Vucevic is a sneaky asset. 

For instance what if Gobert has really pissed Utah off, i can already see them not wanting to pay him the Max.One for one trade they get a steady 20-10 player and don't have to pay Gobert, we convince him to stay cheaper or let him go on his walk year.

Fultz is a former number one player with  serious issues who will almost certainly cost 20 million or more per year. However what if the Knicks want him? You gonna turn down a number one pick in a year we are both gonna suck? Of course we can play him all year and his play might merit a smaller contract. Ahh now we are on to something, so if he sucks why do we want him? If he is marginally better, why pay him 24 million a year? It's almost a no- win situation with Fultz.

The only real question is with Issac, loved by the organization and a good guy. Of course he wouldn't be traded while injured, it wouldn't look good. I am only bringing him up if the team gets sold and everyone get's fired or something weird happens.In my opinion, he had the most potential of any Magic player. However he won't be the same player again until after he is paid or offered the qualifying offer. So to bring up trades again, everyone is on the block, if somebody offered something good, i would do it. 

Again none of this will happen, i'm just trying to stress that nobody is untradeable on this team.Nobody.

7 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Wouldn’t matter. Best pick we can get is 15. Non-playoff teams get 1-14 regardless, even if they have a better record than a playoff team in the other division.

I was ironic honestly, everything has gone so wrong in the last few games and for that reason I was talking about tanking, but technically you're absolutely right, we would probably be the team with the worst record on the playoffs, so we'll pick after the lottery teams I think.

As for the coming offseason that Hootie envision, I think that the problem is going to be that the cap will decrease due to covid and money issues, so mayority of the teams will try to shred salary, while only a few will offer expiring contracts or picks in a deal for a long term contract. And if that long term contract is Vuch...

When management has spent last season in Nikola contract, plus Ross and Aminu, a lot of people was thinking about 2021 and considering that was not a problem, that you can always trade later, and things like that... in my opinion, a bad contract, a bad choice, is always a problem and something you'll have to deal with, sooner or later. It affects your cap space but also the grow of your team. We "killed" ourselves one year ago, and now the path to recover is going to be as complicated as ever IMO.