Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

10 hours ago, BBROSS said:

Why is his minutes restricted Id rather see him get ousged ti get some condiotioning and get worked hard to exhaustion.

He's on a minute restriction because he's gained a significant amount of weight during a time where he didn't play basketball for months. The weight is ultimately good and will help him be stronger on the court and not get pushed around but his body hasn't had the chance to adjust to that weight either athletically or from a conditioning stand point so there's increased risk of injury, especially for someone who's season ended due to a major injury last season. 

I have some doubts with Mo but I am hopeful. Next season you'd really want to see him get to 20 mins a game, someone who's able to start when Vuc is injured, be an elite rim protector (which to be fair you could argue he already is) and at least be a passable offensive player (all his 3s are wide open so you'd want him to get slightly better there for it to be valuable and he needs to be an elite finisher at the rim considering his size and length). If he can't get there in year 3 I'd be very surprised if he ends up getting a second contract from us. 

When JI, Fultz and MCW came into the game and joined Ross and Birch wow, just wow  

24-4 Run is impressive even if it is a scrimmage. That lineup just seemed to click  

Also, people are talking about Bamba’s conditioning for the reason for the minute restriction. Conditioning is part of it, but I think the major reason for the restriction is  the pounding his lower body will be taking from running up and down the court while carrying an extra 20+ lbs. 

His lower body need to get use to athletically carrying that extra weight, because if he over exerts himself too soon it could cause an injury that sets his progress back further  

Speaking from experience, since I was on restrictions after being told to gain significant weight for athletics.

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

When JI, Fultz and MCW came into the game and joined Ross and Birch wow, just wow  

24-4 Run is impressive even if it is a scrimmage. That lineup just seemed to click  

Also, people are talking about Bamba’s conditioning for the reason for the minute restriction. Conditioning is part of it, but I think the major reason for the restriction is  the pounding his lower body will be taking from running up and down the court while carrying an extra 20+ lbs. 

His lower body need to get use to athletically carrying that extra weight, because if he over exerts himself too soon it could cause an injury that sets his progress back further   

Speaking from experience, since I was on restrictions after being told to gain significant weight for athletics.

We need to be patient. The mere fact that he actually took the time to build some muscle is encouraging. Baby steps

And I also thought our management would keep playing it super safe and I was ready to only see Isaac next season, but glad he's out there showing out

IMO the most encouraging thing from last night was JI’s willingness to eurostep on a drive. 

His willingness to do the move that injured him, showed me that he feels comfortable with his knee and mentally. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

What I loved most about last night was the energy level when JI, Fultz, MCW and that group came into the game.  First unit was plodding along and then BAM, defense ratcheted up, ball started moving, cuts and picks were clean and constant, penetration was leading to open looks.  Caught Denver flat footed.  We were the aggressor making the action happen.   Cudo's to Augustine and Gary Clark in the 3rd quarter or first unit would have lost that lead.  We have weapons.  I know one game will not necessarily what we see all the time but it shows we can be competitive and even dominate when we are on.  And all this without Gordon.  We have a bright future.

Isaac is going to set the tone for us from an intensity standpoint. With that dude flashing literally everywhere on defense you have no choice but to put in work on the defensive end. The euro step was great from a confidence standpoint but his lateral movement and quickness was even more impressive. I’m 45 and have watched basketball for 30 years and I’ve never, ever,  seen a 7 ft tall player move around the court the way that Isaac does 

• Like 1

I know I'm late to the party but Isaac looked like Durant and Kawhi out there. It was amazing.

• Like 1

Zach Lowe and Kevin Pelton discuss the Magic for about 10 minutes at the opening of the new Lowe Post podcast. They're pretty complimentary. Both super high on Isaac. 

• Like 2

I'm so much looking forward to our official return tomorrow!

Isaac was very impressive, and even though I trying to remain "realistic" and accept that not all games go the same way and that Isaac numbers and efficiency decrease along while his playing time ramps-up, it is undeniable the boost impact he gave to the team and how he influenced the game. It is becoming more and more evident that the Magic are becoming "Isaac's team".

And this will, sooner or later, generate speculation around the role on AG in our team, like this article recently published by BR...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2902207-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-magic-star-aaron-gordon

I really hope that Isaac is taking the development step that we all hoped for, but if so, we will end up having to face this decision, sooner or later.