Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

On 7/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, hootie249 said:

Been saying the same thing for years.  Nunn and Robinson still lookin good and Herro's shot looked good as well. 

I'm watching Pacers vs Blazers on NBA TV. It's weird seeing Mario and Oladipo on the floor at the same time. Freaking Mario still makes the worst mistakes and can't hit 3's.

Dipo also doesn't look right, i wish him luck going into his contract year.

Oladipo should have sit out and I think Pacers are going to re-sign Oladipo 

17 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

We don't really know if we have a scouting issue, or something else.

I mean, the scouting could be great and signaling a lot of good prospects, but then you also have to sign them and find the space in the roster. We haven't been really proactive in reshaping it, first year was evaluation time, but even after that we haven't really changed a whole lot, and roster spots weren't really available... sometimes we haven't even found playing time for our own young core.

Or maybe our scouting is just bad... maybe was better before with Henny... who knows? I think it's really hard to judge that without being inside their staff.

Could also be a development thing. Scouting gives you the raw material, but it still needs to be refined.

Imagine if we played Isaac in a pointless scrimmage when he's not 100% ready, he did his ACL, missed all of next season, never came back with the same explosiveness and ruined his career. All to appease fans who "hate that we coddle young guys", all so he could be a "man". 

Imagine paying some of the world's experts on maintaining player health, load management, conditioning etc and then actually taking advice from those people and not random fans who know nothing about the situation except what they read online.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Could also be a development thing. Scouting gives you the raw material, but it still needs to be refined.

I completely agree on that, but the problem is that we have no space to that raw material, we passed on a couple 2nd round picks recently, and even if we had that raw material in the roster, old stlye coach Clifford wouldn't even play them...

As for Isaac, I clearly trust people that knows better than me and us, but at the same time, the management from a communication standpoint was weird at least. Strange formats has produced strange results in european basketball, with some title assigned to teams that weren't really contenders. I think we have a shot to make some kind of surprise here, surely more than we had earlier, and would be interesting to have Isaac available, but clearly not at the cost to lose him long term.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Imagine if we played Isaac in a pointless scrimmage when he's not 100% ready, he did his ACL, missed all of next season, never came back with the same explosiveness and ruined his career. All to appease fans who "hate that we coddle young guys", all so he could be a "man". 

Imagine paying some of the world's experts on maintaining player health, load management, conditioning etc and then actually taking advice from those people and not random fans who know nothing about the situation except what they read online.

You have a vivid imagination 

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Imagine we played Isaac during the first game of the season, while being 100%, and he tears his ACL, just to start the season 1-0. It's sports injuries can happen anytime. 

The Isaac situation is different than the Fultz situation. They have continually mislead the fanbase about his injury as if we are a bunch of idiots.

If Fultz isn't ready he isn't ready. That doesn't change how overly cautious management has been. Which is fine but could also be considered a bit extreme. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Imagine if that happened to any player at any time. Using this logic we should not play anyone who has ever had an injury. Its bs. If he's medically cleared and ready to play he should be on the court. He could blow his knee out at anytime, just like anyone could

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1