Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Definitely understand the plan and am on board with it, but there have been some opportunities to add more offensively-skilled players over the past couple years around the margins, NAW being the most recent example.  If the choice of Okeke was driven by being hard-capped then that's fine, but this seemingly slavish devotion to stockpiling long defenders with developmental or limited offense is starting to seem a little self-defeating.  

When does it stop being an overreaction when a known problem from the previous year looks to be continuing?  15 games?  20?  And has everyone forgotten that much of the Magic's success in the second half of last year was driven by a very soft schedule?

I like the idea of adding offensive talent when it makes sense. Isn’t that what WeltHam did with Fultz? Meanwhile, I wanted NAW, too, but the guy has been awful with limited minutes. My point being I trust this management team can spot talent more than me.

5 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Definitely understand the plan and am on board with it, but there have been some opportunities to add more offensively-skilled players over the past couple years around the margins, NAW being the most recent example.  If the choice of Okeke was driven by being hard-capped then that's fine, but this seemingly slavish devotion to stockpiling long defenders with developmental or limited offense is starting to seem a little self-defeating.  

When does it stop being an overreaction when a known problem from the previous year looks to be continuing?  15 games?  20?  And has everyone forgotten that much of the Magic's success in the second half of last year was driven by a very soft schedule?

The decision to draft okeke was based on him being the best player available. We weren't dealing with the hard cap until we decided to use the full mle 2 weeks later. 

I really don't understand the obsession with NAW. He's not projected to be anything special. He's supposed to be something like Courtney Lee. Why draft that player ahead of someone we think could be great?

And it's not like he's lighting it up either. He's averaging 4ppg on a shooting efficiency worse than Ross. 

My favorite overreaction about this season so far has been the large contingent calling Aminu a bum and saying he sucks and shouldn't play. 

7 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

At least we can say WeltHam have a plan, which is something I am not sure could be said about the previous guy. Considering the situation, I am not sure what else WeltHam could do.

Haven’t seen it posted here yet unless I missed it but Coach Cliff said yesterday after practice that Fultz will be starting from now on. I’m excited about this transition and just hope we can start knocking down the wide open shots now. Also guys need to be ready for the pass from Fultz at any time. Too many times Fultz delivers a beautiful pass only for the other player to fumble it out of bounds.

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Haven’t seen it posted here yet unless I missed it but Coach Cliff said yesterday after practice that Fultz will be starting from now on. I’m excited about this transition and just hope we can start knocking down the wide open shots now. Also guys need to be ready for the pass from Fultz at any time. Too many times Fultz delivers a beautiful pass only for the other player to fumble it out of bounds.

Yeah I watched all of his turnovers when I got bored yesterday about about 40% of them are teammates fumbling his passes

• Upvote 1

Clearly you guys are smarter then me, i never saw this happening so fast.It makes sense, Fultz is our facilitator, now and in the future. I hope that his teammates start knocking down some shots.

Hollinger has a good Magic article out today on the Athletic for those of you that subscribe.

5 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

What was the gist? 

A summary of what we talk about on here.

We need an average offense to keep our place in the playoffs. We're last right now but it would help if Ross could hit a shot. 

We're still in the evaluation phase for these young players and trying to win while we evaluate. Is Isaac just a good player or "combo forward Gobert"? Is Gordon a guy who can continuously improve or is this slow start a sign of a plateau? What is fultz? Is Bamba going to fulfill his potential or just be a bench guy? We need more time to get these questions answered before we make end game moves.

We need a high usage scorer but that's easier said than done but we're positioning ourselves to make that move when the opportunity comes. It's smart to continue to build up assets for a trade.

It's weird we play slow because it seems like we're built to play faster. 

• Upvote 1