Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 hours ago, chosen12 said:

That's the reason he feels no pressure. Not only that but, no offense, how many teams are killing themselves to sign him? He is serviceable, and I think he has a great 

heart for the game, but he is a respectable 3pt shooter, marginal defense, and that's it. IMHO

I think that's a little harsh personally. He's shooting over 50% on 2s this season. Hes shot 67% at the rim, he creates his own shot (only 44% of his 2 point field goals were assisted), he's a relatively low turnover player comparative to his usage. Honestly if I had a star player or two and wanted a 3rd or 4th option, or a 6th man to play starters minutes I'd be really interested in Evan Fournier.

We all know you're not going to win an NBA championship with Evan Fournier as your best wing/guard scorer which is why this is a conversation. But that's not a slight on him, I personally think we should be praying he opts in so we can trade him otherwise we lose one of our best players for nothing (not even cap space). Or have to commit to this core for another 4 years (to be clear I don't think we should do this). 

Make no mistake though I think we'll be a worse offensive team when he's gone unless we can adequately replace his shooting, shot creation and efficiency either with one player or by committee.

He's a good offensive player, he'd probably be more efficient if he didn't have to create his own shot as much, and he's not a liability defensively. I actually think he'd fit pretty well in Denver or Brooklyn.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the real fear is a team like Dallas coming up with something like 4 years 50 million. I wouldn't worry about the Hornets or the Knicks or a team like that offering him money comparable to his option. It's a team like Dallas or another playoff team offering him 10+ million a year to play for a contender. Life is short i could see him leaving for 12 million a year to play for a good fit.

7 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

New ESPN power rankings came out. Magic ranked 14th and Fultz got a little respect. 

Honestly higher than I thought they would rank us. 

https://es.pn/2PnXfJB

The link says 19th.

A lot of the streaming cable services don't have the Fox Regional Sports networks anymore. I previously used YouTube TV (I think the RSNs are still available if you use YouTube TV in Orlando, but not in my area). Hulu Live TV (55 bucks a month) and ATT TV Now (formerly direct TV now. I think only the 70 dollar plan with HBO and Cinemax, the cheapest plan doesn't) both have them in my area(Gville). I think they are the only ones. Just some info for others who watch the games that way.

Fultz not yet entered the bubble, he has a non Covid related personal issue apparently. Aminu isn't joining the team to allow him to continue his rehab and we have one as yet unnamed guy with Covid. I've tried to look at pics and videos of the guys getting off the bus and all the main players appear to be accounted for, maybe it's James Ennis? Don't think I've seen him.