Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

On 6/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, harley said:

Can this season. Start again in October. I'm from Australia and USA seems like its imploding atm. Its gonna be more trouble than its worth re-starting. Bring on the draft

You’re not wrong. Especially down in Florida. Flirting with 5,000 new cases a day, it’s become the new epicenter of the virus here in the States. I’m thoroughly embarrassed by the response, or lack there of, that we took initially and are continuing to take now toward virus control.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Florida's testing is way up, and cases are up yet its deaths per day are not seeing an increase.

Might have something to do with the age of the people getting infected. I hear a lot of younger people have been getting infected lately in Florida.

Do we think the Magic will make any roster moves besides just keeping the 2 way guys around? If one of Aminu or Isaac can't play I can see us signing Amile Jefferson (to a 2 way and making Gary Clark a full contract). He's obviously been with us the past 2 seasons and has been playing in Lakeland since we waived him. If we don't have either Isaac or Aminu that'd leave us with one more roster spot we could fill. Can't imagine many vets will want to sign here over a true contender though so be interesting to see if anything happens with that. (This is all on the presumption that injured players can "opt out" of joining the bubble and thus open up a roster spot which is how I've interpreted what I've read)

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

No worries they will be wearing the contact tracing ring on their fingers. So it’s all good. 

Maybe they can whack a giant version of one of these onto the jumbotrons:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavirus/pete-evans-fined-dollar25200-over-claims-dollar15000-biocharger-product-could-be-used-against-coronavirus/ar-BB1385PF

Hello All, 

Does anybody know when the schedule for the “8” seeding games will be released? 

I haven’t seen anything, but I could have missed something. 

Also, I read a rumor that the opponents  for the 8 seeding games would be determined by who was remaining on the original schedule. Those games could only be played against teams invited to Orlando “obviously” and are in the same conference. 

If this rumor is actually, our opponents for the seeding games would be:

1) Nets

2) Pacers

3) Nets

4) Celtics 

5) 76er’s

6) Celtics

7) Pacers

8)Raptors 

The Nets 8 games would be:

1) Wizards

2) Celtics 

3) Us

4) Us

5) Pacers 

6) Bucks

7) Bucks 

8) Filler team since nets don’t have 8 playoff teams in the east remaining on their schedule

Again this was a based on a rumor I read and could be wrong, but I found it interesting none the less  

Regardless, go Magic let’s get that 7th seed! 

On 6/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, jjgator said:

Might have something to do with the age of the people getting infected. I hear a lot of younger people have been getting infected lately in Florida.

Also the fact that we know a lot more about treatment and are way better at risk stratifying and dealing with complications