Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

23 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

The endless tradition of the Magic signing beloved role players from other teams, looking like smart moves, only to watch these guys die a horrible death. Sometimes they revive their careers elsewhere, sometimes they're just damn cooked.

What a list...

Aminu

Jeff Green

Channing Frye

Shelvin Mack

Luke Ridnour

CJ Watson

... hmph

Just shows that most of the people running our team have no clue at all

• Upvote 2

On 4/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, South_Aussie_Magic said:

The endless tradition of the Magic signing beloved role players from other teams, looking like smart moves, only to watch these guys die a horrible death. Sometimes they revive their careers elsewhere, sometimes they're just damn cooked.

What a list...

Aminu

Jeff Green

Channing Frye

Shelvin Mack

Luke Ridnour

CJ Watson

... hmph

How can you forget Brandon Jennings! If he had been just an average point guard that trade would actually have been decent. Ersan is still out there getting quality minutes on playoff teams. We just needed a steadying influence at point guard and i bet we never try to trade Dipo.

Speaking of Dipo i'm glad we traded him now, i just wish it was a less lopsided trade. If we had kept him we likely would have had one good year and then wondered why this franchise is cursed. With all the time he missed the Magic would be horrible since we aren't a deep team like the Pacers. I'm still pissed they included Sabonis, i loved watching his dad play and was thrilled when we picked him! 

Holy crap now i hate Henny again why did i bring up these memories!

Had to edit once just to bring up the fact that Mario and Elfrid still suck.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saw Fultz post this, if his midrange goes to a elite level I wonder what kind of success he would have in todays game 

I have stepped away a while and have to be honest.  As a fan of this team since 89 I have not missed them at all.  Maybe because they are so irrelevant what is to miss.  Until we get a true star or stars it is going to continue to be that way irrelevant.  This team shows no hope in the attitude of management.   Thank goodness for my Dolphins and my excitement for them!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Jonathan Isaac suffered a severe left knee sprain on January 1 while playing the Wizards in Washington, D.C. and suddenly, a player who was enjoying a breakout season had even more question marks.

The 22-year-old, who is expected to make a full recovery, will be eligible for a rookie-scale extension during the 2020 offseason and there are varying opinions on his value in the league, as Josh Robbins of The Athletic reports.

“Before he got hurt, I thought he was the best defensive player in the league,” one NBA scout told Robbins. “His ability to defend multiple positions, his size, his length, quickness, understanding of what was going on and how to guard people, recovery, instincts — I think he has a potential to be a premier defensive player in the league. I just think the sky’s the limit for him.”

The Magic will try to lock him up long-term, but it’s unclear how much they are willing to pay the former No. 6 overall pick. Isaac only played 27 games during his rookie season. He managed to participate in 75 games during the 2018/19 campaign before his knee woes limited him to just 32 this season.

“The durability remains a huge issue,” a second NBA scout said. “His scoring and shooting still is problematic. He’s not a No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3 (option on offense), and that’s what they drafted him to be at sixth in the draft. He’s another guy who was somewhat over-drafted. He’s young and all that, but to me, you’ve got to have a scoring and shooting component.”

I certainly think Isaac can be a #3 option on offense and I don't think he was over drafted.

He's one of the best defensive players in the NBA, his scoring has gone up every year and his usage is one of the lowest on the team.

If he can take and make more 3s (nothing drastic but a 2% 3FG% increase on one more attempt a game basically results in 1.5 more points a game) and go to the line a couple more times a game (something which could easily come from getting stronger) he could be at 15 PPG easily. 15/7/1.5/1.5/2.5 with some of the best defense in the NBA would be the third best player on a lot of playoff teams. If he develops his offense more and takes on a bigger load and gets to 19ish points a game we're talking about a true 2 way player and probable all star. 

His health is a separate issue but I think we're being overly cautious with him, he's probably only just stopped growing so that will have had effects on his durability and he needs to add some more muscle to his frame which will help. 

Honestly if we don't extend Isaac I'll be mortified.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I certainly think Isaac can be a #3 option on offense and I don't think he was over drafted.

He's one of the best defensive players in the NBA, his scoring has gone up every year and his usage is one of the lowest on the team.

If he can take and make more 3s (nothing drastic but a 2% 3FG% increase on one more attempt a game basically results in 1.5 more points a game) and go to the line a couple more times a game (something which could easily come from getting stronger) he could be at 15 PPG easily. 15/7/1.5/1.5/2.5 with some of the best defense in the NBA would be the third best player on a lot of playoff teams. If he develops his offense more and takes on a bigger load and gets to 19ish points a game we're talking about a true 2 way player and probable all star. 

His health is a separate issue but I think we're being overly cautious with him, he's probably only just stopped growing so that will have had effects on his durability and he needs to add some more muscle to his frame which will help. 

Honestly if we don't extend Isaac I'll be mortified.

I'm super high on Isaac's potential. I truly think he could become one of the best offensive players in the league, but that all depends on his work ethic, killer instinct and ankles.

Some guys like Butler, Kawhi had slow starts too