Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

No it’s about giving up freedom and rights period end of story. 

you do realize this is only temporary and that a ton of first world countries are participating in wearing masks in public right? Are we infringing on the right to show your face? What rights are we giving up exactly? 

That’s like saying that your inability to yell “fire” in a movie theatre is giving up your right free speech. When your speech immediately endangers others, it isn’t just a right anymore. That’s the end of story. 

all You conspiracy nuts spreading fake news will need to be called out next month when the country starts to open up. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

you do realize this is only temporary and that a ton of first world countries are participating in wearing masks in public right? Are we infringing on the right to show your face? What rights are we giving up exactly? 

That’s like saying that your inability to yell “fire” in a movie theatre is giving up your right free speech. When your speech immediately endangers others, it isn’t just a right anymore. That’s the end of story. 

all You conspiracy nuts spreading fake news will need to be called out next month when the country starts to open up. 

You do realize that tyranny is always temporary until the people no longer have a way to fight back?

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox Sports will be showing the first ever Magic game tonight at 8PM, the first preseason game against Detroit.  I think the last preseason game that year was the one they played in Daytona Beach at the Ocean Center.  I took my son to that game, he was six, never sat down, and was the loudest one in our section.  :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighAngleDad said:

You do realize that tyranny is always temporary until the people no longer have a way to fight back?

Yeah, let's toss our masks and protest in big gatherings. That will show em!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Benjamin Franklin, “ those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety”

And he totally wasn’t talking about a hygienic measures with regards to a pandemic lmao. 

Ben Franklin also wrote "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

if you aren’t in support of public mask wearing right now because you think it’s an infringement on rights, then im sorry, I believe that’s a completely nutty thing to believe in.

Don’t change the argument.  Saying I’m “all knowing” is just an ad hominem because I damn sure know more about medicine and infectious disease. Watching people say this is fake or an overreaction  or a false flag while watching my colleagues die trying to save others gets irritating after awhile.

that’s the last I’ll say about this until the country is back open 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not saying people shouldn’t wear masks. It’s their individual choice. That’s the point I’m making. The government should NOT be able to demand it or punishment is inflicted. I am Not infringing anybody’s rights.  And it is everybody’s right to choose to put whatever they want on their G D body. 

I’m sorry for your situation and everybody else’s.  And as the facts of this pandemic change on the daily, nothing is written in stone right now. 

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m not saying people shouldn’t wear masks. It’s their individual choice. That’s the point I’m making. The government should NOT be able to demand it or punishment is inflicted. I am Not infringing anybody’s rights.  And it is everybody’s right to choose to put whatever they want on their G D body. 

I’m sorry for your situation and everybody else’s.  And as the facts of this pandemic change on the daily, nothing is written in stone right now. 

There are and should be limitations on all of our rights when it comes to public standards and safety. You can't drive your car at 100 mph on I-4, you can't walk into a restaurant in bare feet and a speedo, you can't yell "fire" in a public place (unless there is one), you can't carry a concealed weapon without a background check and a permit. All of these restrictions are to promote public safety. The circumstances of this virus are such that the public health officials have declared that wearing a mask while out in public may significantly slow the spread of this virus. This isn't about your rights, it is about everyone's right not to be exposed to a horrific and potentially lethal disease. If you choose not to wear a mask, you aren't just exposing yourself to germs, you are potentially exposing everyone else around you to whatever you may be carrying. Is it uncomfortable, does it make breathing more difficult and your glasses fog up, does it look stupid - yes to all of the above. You do have an alternative, keep your selfish ass at home. Put on your big boy pants and do your part instead of whining like an entitled child who doesn't know any better. It is not an individual choice, it is the current standard for public safety. Get over it.

  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

There are and should be limitations on all of our rights when it comes to public standards and safety. You can't drive your car at 100 mph on I-4, you can't walk into a restaurant in bare feet and a speedo, you can't yell "fire" in a public place (unless there is one), you can't carry a concealed weapon without a background check and a permit. All of these restrictions are to promote public safety. The circumstances of this virus are such that the public health officials have declared that wearing a mask while out in public may significantly slow the spread of this virus. This isn't about your rights, it is about everyone's right not to be exposed to a horrific and potentially lethal disease. If you choose not to wear a mask, you aren't just exposing yourself to germs, you are potentially exposing everyone else around you to whatever you may be carrying. Is it uncomfortable, does it make breathing more difficult and your glasses fog up, does it look stupid - yes to all of the above. You do have an alternative, keep your selfish ass at home. Put on your big boy pants and do your part instead of whining like an entitled child who doesn't know any better. It is not an individual choice, it is the current standard for public safety. Get over it.

Very well said; I couldn't agree more.

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×