Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

29 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yes I can.

You basically just echoed my statement of his limitations saying it’s due to role and deference to other players.

I also have asked questions on here but if we are going to turn basketball into quantum physics then I’ll just bow out of this conversation. It’s really not that complex.

I pay attention to more than clips.

My question is at which point does his deferment become detrimental to the team as a whole? Again the point of the game is to score points in order to beat the other team. Idc how good a guys passing is if the one receiving the pass can’t make the shot. So if we are lacking in the scoring department why isn’t he being more aggressive and looking to score more to help us win? That’s the part that baffles me about MF. When he decides to be aggressive and attack the rim he’s pretty unstoppable, yet we struggle to make shots and he continues to try and set guys up who aren’t finishing the job. If I were a competent head coach (which Clifford is not) I would be telling MF to be aggressive and attack the rim at will. Defenses will have to either commit to a double team or let Markelle carve them up in the paint. Cliff doesn’t let his players play to their strengths and is infatuated with running the same old boring sets through Vuc and Fournier time and time again expecting different results. 

12 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Quantum physics? We're saying you can't really fully appreciate players by only looking at box scores and watching stuff on YouTube here and there. It's like saying you can't really appreciate a television show by reading the Wikipedia and following up with a few key clips. Watching things as they happen in context is really really really important. 

So much of what guys do on the court isn't categorized into highlight videos. It's fine for seeing how Caris LeVert got his 51 points or how gordon got that game saving block against Brooklyn but not how guys rotate on defense or passes into missed shots or placing big moments in context. 

You do know you can watch whole games of players right? You can watch them even without the ball in their hands, defense, moving without the ball, etc. There’s a lot more out there than highlight videos and Wikipedia and yeah watching a whole game does give you appreciation but we’re not talking about that and at the end of the day, if you know the game, you can get a pretty damn good idea. 

For instance, when I watch clips of him shooting a 3 compared to a 20 footer, there’s a difference. It’s almost an hesitant delay to it. Looking back at his Washington days, wasn’t much of a delay. There in lies some of my concerns. It’s nothing to stress too much right now. Maybe it’s the TOS. Maybe it’s mental. Maybe just not getting reps in.

My point is you can watch a whole game and not know a damn thing on what to look for. Know a lot of folks who watch every game and don’t know jack. Sometimes it’s what are you observing. 

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

My question is at which point does his deferment become detrimental to the team as a whole? Again the point of the game is to score points in order to beat the other team. Idc how good a guys passing is if the one receiving the pass can’t make the shot. So if we are lacking in the scoring department why isn’t he being more aggressive and looking to score more to help us win? That’s the part that baffles me about MF. When he decides to be aggressive and attack the rim he’s pretty unstoppable, yet we struggle to make shots and he continues to try and set guys up who aren’t finishing the job. If I were a competent head coach (which Clifford is not) I would be telling MF to be aggressive and attack the rim at will. Defenses will have to either commit to a double team or let Markelle carve them up in the paint. Cliff doesn’t let his players play to their strengths and is infatuated with running the same old boring sets through Vuc and Fournier time and time again expecting different results. 

He's a rookie coming off a major injury with a team full of veterans trying to make the playoffs again. He can't just come in and take over. He has to earn that respect from teammates. It's not like he is deferring and nothing is coming from it. He is still making plays just not in the form of high volume scoring. 

Managing the egos of these players is not as easy as some of you make it seem. 

28 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

See that’s getting into Cliff’s head. Thename’s explanation seems to be the most logical reason. Plus Cliff is really systematic and plays the long term game. 

13 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He's a rookie coming off a major injury with a team full of veterans trying to make the playoffs again. He can't just come in and take over. He has to earn that respect from teammates. It's not like he is deferring and nothing is coming from it. He is still making plays just not in the form of high volume scoring. 

Managing the egos of these players is not as easy as some of you make it seem. 

I look at guys like Dejountay Murray and Ja Morant who are rookies playing with vets but they take over when needed by their respective teams. I don’t buy the whole needing to earn respect from the vets when those vets aren’t helping your team win. If you’re a baller and know it it should show on the court there’s no need to be passive or scared to show them up because that’s why you’re in the best league in the world with the best talent in the world. If Fultz had the IT factor he would show it more on the court. Maybe the coach is telling him to set his guys up more than look for his own shot but that’s why we are in this shambolic mess to begin with. Entitled vets who aren’t held accountable for terrible play night in and out. 

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I look at guys like Dejountay Murray and Ja Morant who are rookies playing with vets but they take over when needed by their respective teams. I don’t buy the whole needing to earn respect from the vets when those vets aren’t helping your team win. If you’re a baller and know it it should show on the court there’s no need to be passive or scared to show them up because that’s why you’re in the best league in the world with the best talent in the world. If Fultz had the IT factor he would show it more on the court. Maybe the coach is telling him to set his guys up more than look for his own shot but that’s why we are in this shambolic mess to begin with. Entitled vets who aren’t held accountable for terrible play night in and out. 

Fultz will have that IT factor just you wait and see. It's clear he has it .. he turns it on and off right now. Think its due to coaching and deferring as and when

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Fultz will have that IT factor just you wait and see. It's clear he has it .. he turns it on and off right now. Think its due to coaching and deferring as and when

Trust me I see it too and actually love MF and hope he is the future for this team. It’s just a little worrisome he defers so much when our team is struggling to score. It’s most likely due to coaching strategy and the fact he is still trying to get used to the speed of the NBA and his own rehab process from the shoulder injury. I guess I’m just super frustrated with this team and our Euro buddy ball players who haven’t helped this team improve since they’ve been here.

• Downvote 1

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Trust me I see it too and actually love MF and hope he is the future for this team. It’s just a little worrisome he defers so much when our team is struggling to score. It’s most likely due to coaching strategy and the fact he is still trying to get used to the speed of the NBA and his own rehab process from the shoulder injury. I guess I’m just super frustrated with this team and our Euro buddy ball players who haven’t helped this team improve since they’ve been here.

Maybe it's not deferring maybe he really is a a team player and naturally that's his game for the moment now but going forward he is gonna have more killer instinct. Gonna be interesting to watch him develop. I think he's a all star next season. High expectations for some maybe but I think barring injuries he is all NBA talent. 

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

The Grizzlies traded all their important vets in order to give Ja the team. It's literally the exact opposite situation that Fultz is in.  

Murray and Fultz are practically equal in every category. 

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I think that's the problem. You're blaming Fultz for Fournier and Vuch's short comings

6 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The Grizzlies traded all their important vets in order to give Ja the team. It's literally the exact opposite situation that Fultz is in.  

Murray and Fultz are practically equal in every category. 

I wouldn’t call Murray’s 39.1 percent from 3 point identical numbers in every category with Fultz. Also he’s upped his scoring average/consistency in that department considerably since the beginning of the year and he keeps getting better. 

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think that's the problem. You're blaming Fultz for Fournier and Vuch's short comings

I’m blaming Fultz for not being more assertive on offense because of the fact Fournier and Vuc are flawed not the other way around.