Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Some aren’t that great at the “D” part either.  Does that make them “neither 3 nor D” guys?

I guess they are just guys who are getting paid to run around and work up a sweat lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

He’s limited for whatever reason. Until that outside game comes along consistently, I don’t view him as a true 2 way or a self creator of offense.

This is more of a problem you have than fultz has because he's not really limited at all other than role. 

16 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I guess they are just guys who are getting paid to run around and work up a sweat lol.

I think you're incorrectly replacing "role player" with "3 and D" in your head. 

Like MCW is a role player. He provides defense and energy. Augustin is a role player, he provides shooting (except this year), Birch is a role player, he sets screens and defends. 

Role players operate in specific roles doing 1 or 2 things. A 3 and D player is a guy who can hit threes and defend but you actually have to do those two roles to be considered one

21 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This is more of a problem you have than fultz has because he's not really limited at all other than role. 

So you think Cliff is not giving him the green light to shoot a lot from outside?

Its not a problem I have because I don’t play for the Magic.

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

So you think Cliff is not giving him the green light to shoot a lot from outside?

Its not a problem I have because I don’t play for the Magic.

I think he's more focused on distributing to our other guys than scoring right now. 

He's shooting 51% on twos and 41% from the mid range. 

Three point shooting isn't a deciding reason why a guy is or is not considered an offensive player. Jimmy Butler isn't not an offensive player because he's shooting the same percentage from three as fultz. Ben Simmons isn't not an offensive player because guys leave him open on the three point line. Derrick white isn't a limited offensive player because he's stuck in a role where he doesn't get field goal attempts. 

12 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think he's more focused on distributing to our other guys than scoring right now. 

He's shooting 51% on twos and 41% from the mid range. 

Three point shooting isn't a deciding reason why a guy is or is not considered an offensive player. Jimmy Butler isn't not an offensive player because he's shooting the same percentage from three as fultz. Ben Simmons isn't not an offensive player because guys leave him open on the three point line. Derrick white isn't a limited offensive player because he's stuck in a role where he doesn't get field goal attempts

Sure. Guys like Monta And Wade created offense. I just think at some point we need to actually see him do it consistently to label him that. I also think in today’s NBA attempting and making 3’s is of a bigger importance with that label.

Fultz’s ability to elevate his teammates has really stuck out to me this season. It would be a lot more apparent if people actually made the open shots he’s consistently created, but he’s still creating them almost at will when allowed to ad lib. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Sure. Guys like Monta And Wade created offense. I just think at some point we need to actually see him do it consistently to label him that. I also think in today’s NBA attempting and making 3’s is of a bigger importance with that label.

You have said you haven't watched games in years and just watch highlights. I'm having a hard time figuring out where you are getting your opinions from. 

42 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You have said you haven't watched games in years and just watch highlights. I'm having a hard time figuring out where you are getting your opinions from. 

I pay attention. It’s a sport I invested so much time in for so long growing up. When I say studied it, it’s no exaggeration....Daily like it was a job...On top of playing it religiously every day. I at one point was determined to go into the NBA. Other choices steered me away from that.

Years ago I cut the cord on cable. I have never reupped. Don’t think I ever will. I’m a movie person and like to be out of the house with the fam as much as possible. I pay attention though and while I’m not going to say I am this great scout with some eye, I know game...I know  the game and I do watch clips, not highlights, of certain players. I don’t just watch the dunks and shots, I watch a lot more than that.  

Fultz... dude has potential to be a creator. He’s somewhat already is but is limited either by role or himself or both. He’s a technically a rookie so I keep that in context as will. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I pay attention. It’s a sport I invested so much time in for so long growing up. When I say studied it, it’s no exaggeration....Daily like it was subject...On top of playing it religiously every day. I at one point was determined to go into the NBA. Other choices steered me away from that.

Years ago I cut the cord on cable. I have never reupped. Don’t think I ever will. I’m a movie person and like to be out of the house with the fam as much as possible. I pay attention though and while I’m not going to say I am this great scout with some eye, I know game...I know  the game and I do watch clips, not highlights, of certain players. I don’t just watch the dunks and shots, I watch a lot more than that.  

Fultz... dude has potential to be a creator. He’s somewhat already is but is limited either by role or himself or both. He’s a technically a rookie so I keep that in context as will. 

Wait... You have all these opinions on guys who you haven't watched?

You can't really understand things from just watching clips

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Wait... You have all these opinions on guys who you haven't watched?

You can't really understand things from just watching clips

Yes I can.

You basically just echoed my statement of his limitations saying it’s due to role and deference to other players.

I also have asked questions on here but if we are going to turn basketball into quantum physics then I’ll just bow out of this conversation. It’s really not that complex.

I pay attention to more than clips.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yes I can.

You basically just echoed my statement of his limitations saying it’s due to role and deference to other players.

I also have asked questions on here but if we are going to turn basketball into quantum physics then I’ll just bow out of this conversation. It’s really not that complex.

I pay attention to more than clips.

Quantum physics? We're saying you can't really fully appreciate players by only looking at box scores and watching stuff on YouTube here and there. It's like saying you can't really appreciate a television show by reading the Wikipedia and following up with a few key clips. Watching things as they happen in context is really really really important. 

So much of what guys do on the court isn't categorized into highlight videos. It's fine for seeing how Caris LeVert got his 51 points or how gordon got that game saving block against Brooklyn but not how guys rotate on defense or passes into missed shots or placing big moments in context.