Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Just now, jec said:

Isaac 

Wes is a 2 way player that doesn’t get any burn for some reason. Is he amazing probably not but he’s better than what we’ve been putting out on the floor recently namely Ennis and Clark. 

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Wes is a 2 way player that doesn’t get any burn for some reason. Is he amazing probably not but he’s better than what we’ve been putting out on the floor recently namely Ennis and Clark. 

Ah true he’s decent 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

In what world is 7.5ppg as a starter Wes iwundu a two way player?

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

But he really isn't better than they are. Basically in no measurable way. I am not sure I get this narrative that seems to have hung around Iwundu that he should be getting more time- because nothing from his on-court play suggests that.

Clark and Ennis haven't been amazing or anything- they should be bench to end of the bench guys. But Iwundu isn't the answer there either.

51 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

In what world is 7.5ppg as a starter Wes iwundu a two way player?

In the world where he is averaging over 40 percent on his spot up 3 point shots. He’s a better player than Ennis and Clark simple enough to understand that concept. We need players that can actually shoot and hit an open shot. The definition of a 2 way player is one who can defend and hit open 3’s. I haven’t seen either of the other 2 players that are staring over him do any of the sort.

33 minutes ago, Odin said:

But he really isn't better than they are. Basically in no measurable way. I am not sure I get this narrative that seems to have hung around Iwundu that he should be getting more time- because nothing from his on-court play suggests that.

Clark and Ennis haven't been amazing or anything- they should be bench to end of the bench guys. But Iwundu isn't the answer there either.

I never stated he was the answer I stated he’s a better player than both Ennis and Clark. He plays within the offense and he hustles and doesn’t negatively affect us when he’s on the court. He’s also been in our system long enough and knows the other players tendencies better than those 2 scrubs that are starting over him. 

11 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

In the world where he is averaging over 40 percent on his spot up 3 point shots. He’s a better player than Ennis and Clark simple enough to understand that concept. We need players that can actually shoot and hit an open shot. The definition of a 2 way player is one who can defend and hit open 3’s. I haven’t seen either of the other 2 players that are staring over him do any of the sort.

Iwundu is a 31.7% three point shooter this year...

Iwundu is meh, but I’d still prob prefer him to Clark and Ennius. I would rather give the minutes to Melvin Frazier and give him a decent crack at it 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Iwundu is a 31.7% three point shooter this year...

I recall reading an article where he was averaging 40 percent before he got benched can’t remember where I read it and don’t have the time to look it up. Last year he was at 37.1 and he was actually getting minutes. Give the guy playing time and I’ll take 37.1 percent any day.

IMO, both Fultz and Isaac still need a step on  offense before being considered complete two way players, so I really don't know why we're talking about Iwundu! :)

1 minute ago, Luke_FfS said:

IMO, both Fultz and Isaac still need a step on  offense before being considered complete two way players, so I really don't know why we're talking about Iwundu! :)

Were talking about Iwundu because Ennis and Clark suck yet they still get playing time over Iwundu who has shown he can contribute positively on this team and can actually handle the ball and get to the rim on occasion. Either way we are screwed for even having to have this conversation. Also I miss spoke he isn’t a 2 way player he is a 3 and D guy my apologies for confusing the 2 but I still stand by my main points about him.

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I recall reading an article where he was averaging 40 percent before he got benched can’t remember where I read it and don’t have the time to look it up. Last year he was at 37.1 and he was actually getting minutes. Give the guy playing time and I’ll take 37.1 percent any day.

The 40% is what you get if you just go by what he's done in 2020. But iwundu is such low volume that I'm not sure it's actually real. What that's basically saying is iwundu is a good three point shooter because in 22 games he hit 19 out of 44 threes. But he'd be below average if he hit 15 out of 44 threes. 

Last year he hit 29 of 79 threes to get to 36.7% but he'd be below average if he hit 27 of 79 threes. 

I'm not super high on Ennis and Clark is playing because he weighs 20 pounds more than iwundu and can handle bigger bodies. But you can't argue with our offensive production since Ennis has entered the lineup and iwundu was benched.