Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Without Isaac and AG, this team has a very low ceiling. Fournier and Vooch are like watching a tricked out minivan try to win a drag race. Will they draw a crowd? Sure. Will they truly be competitive? No, they will not.

Last night, 3 or 4 times I saw Evan dribble into the paint (or just outside the paint), lost his balance, stumbling to the floor and coughing up the ball /TO. However, the box score showed he only had 1 turnover.

I know what I saw. Can box scores sometimes be inaccurate?  

50 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Hate to be a prisoner of the moment but maybe Portland shops CJ. Lol 

I remember seeing some chatter about Portland looking for trade possibilities for CJ at the deadline because they though maybe the Dame/CJ pair had gone as far as they could...but that also could just be social media chatter just to stir up attention and conversation. 

I would LOVE to add CJ to this team. Outside of like Jaylen Brown and maybe 1 other SG that I can’t think of, that would be my ideal upgrade over Fournier. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I remember seeing some chatter about Portland looking for trade possibilities for CJ at the deadline because they though maybe the Dame/CJ pair had gone as far as they could...but that also could just be social media chatter just to stir up attention and conversation. 

I would LOVE to add CJ to this team. Outside of like Jaylen Brown and maybe 1 other SG that I can’t think of, that would be my ideal upgrade over Fournier. 

I still don’t think the Celtics hold on to all of their wings. Maybe we can get Hayward. Beal would my ideal pick up but I don’t think he still wants to amen it work in Washington. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

This year even if Evan opts out we have no room and only the small exception. As some else pointed out we have i think the 6th highest payroll in the league for this ****ty team.

If I was correct in how I was adding things up, if everyone opts out and we let everyone walk away, we’d have around 34 mil to work with this off-season, if not a little more. If Fournier/Ennis opt in, I think that number drops to like 15 mil.

which of course is only good enough for 1-2 minimum rotation players. 

1 minute ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I still don’t think the Celtics hold on to all of their wings. Maybe we can get Hayward. Beal would my ideal pick up but I don’t think he still wants to amen it work in Washington. 

I think Beal wants to stay and be seen as the guy rebuilding that franchise. Not to mention, just cause he’s been hurt for like 2 years. If John Wall could ever have a healthy season, that would still be one of the better 1-2 combos in the East. 

I think Hayward opts in for his last year of the 34 mil contract (or something like that). The only way we’d get him is if they did something for probably Fournier & Vucevic. But I’m not sure they would. They have a star in Tatum, Kemba is the leader, Smart is the Heart, and everyone else is filling a role. They might keep everything together

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Hate to be a prisoner of the moment but maybe Portland shops CJ. Lol 

Portland fans hate him. He's their Fournier

We definitely overrate him because we've watched him torch Vucevic for several years now. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Portland fans hate him. He's their Fournier

We definitely overrate him because we've watched him torch Vucevic for several years now. 

I disagree. *in Sandler voice* 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Don’t worry guys...I figured it out

https://tradenba.com/trades/B-LnhhB-6

Magic Get: Hayward, Brown, Grant Williams, Seth Curry, 2021 Celtics First

Celtics Get: Vucevic, Fournier, Aminu, 2025 Dallas First

Mavericks Get: Enes Kanter and DJ Augustin

LMAO

I wouldn’t mind Seth but it’s a lateral move.  I think he’s finally found a place that fits him. Glad to see it frankly.  

On 2/8/2020 at 6:46 PM, TrueBlueDrew said:

Alright, here is the look ahead. Currently 22-31. How are we going to finish? I'm predicting 37-45

• 2-10 -- vs Hawks - W
  • 2-12 -- vs Pistons - W
  • 2-21 -- vs Mavs - L
  • 2-24 -- vs Nets (away) - W
  • 2-26 --  vs Hawks (away) - W
  • 2-28 -- vs Twolves - W
  • 2-29 -- vs Spurs (away) - L
  • 3-2 -- vs Trailblazers - L
  • 3-4 -- vs Heat (away)
  • 3-6 -- vs TWolves (away)
  • 3-8 -- vs Rockets (away)
  • 3-10 -- vs Memphis (away)
  • 3-12 -- vs Bulls
  • 3-15 -- vs Hornets
  • 3-17 -- vs Pistons (away)
  • 3-19 -- vs Cavs
  • 3-21 -- vs Kings
  • 3-23 -- vs Nets (away)
  • 3-25 -- vs Pacers
  • 3-27 -- vs Nets
  • 3-29 -- vs Pelicans
  • 4-1 -- vs Hornets
  • 4-3 -- vs Celtics (away)
  • 4-5 -- vs 76ers (away)
  • 4-8 -- vs Knicks (away)
  • 4-10 -- vs Celtics
  • 4-11 -- vs Pacers (away)
  • 4-13 -- vs Bulls (away)
  • 4-15 -- vs Raptors

21 games left. If we can go 2-2 in our next 4 games. I actually would feel pretty good about the rest of March. After the Memphis away game, the next 10 games...I think we could win 7 of them. Then a tough stretch to end the season, I'm only seeing 2 wins there. That would put us at 38 wins though.