Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

11 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

They’re interchangeable if at least one of players can shoot otherwise it’s a problem. Our spacing is not very good because we are a poor shooting team and this allows teams to pack the paint and then Vooch whom is one of the best players in the post is deemed ineffective. 

Vuch is good in the post?

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ennis can play defense and is effectively our backup 4 in small lineups.

Daniels is a lot like Meeks because he's 6'4 and can't defend. So he'd have to take mcw or DJ's spot in the rotation and DJ has a better production ceiling and MCW sometimes looks like one of our best players. 

So we don't really have a spot for Daniels. If we wanted to dump Frazier for him I'd be cool with it but I also understand continuing to try and develop a guy vs dumping him for a guy who probably won't even be on the active playoff roster if Isaac comes back

I was thinking you could slide Fournier, who’s 6-7 and sometimes defends opposing SFs, into the three spot. That opens up the two spot without affecting MCW or DJ.  Ennis could still backup the 4 when needed.  

54 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Let get Iwundu some minutes.

Or what about Melvin Frazier Jnr? He’s lighting it up in G league. Can’t do worse than give him some minutes. You never know. I’d rather watch him (and Wes for that matter) develop than watch DJ and Ennis to be honest. 

I was thinking about it and unless there is someone that we feel is a long-term fit...I think adding anyone for this year just doesn't make sense. There are less than 20 games left and adding anyone now will mess up rotations and take away more playing time from guys we should be investing in like Fultz (being comfortable with starters), Iwundu, Bamba, and Frazier (if we ever give him a chance). I mentioned Allen Crabbe yesterday just because I think he could be a productive bench guy. However, I guess Daniels and Crabbe would fill similar roles but both would basically cancel out Frazier from getting a shot or development time in NBA games. 

49 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Vuch is good in the post?

Absolutely! and most experts will agree that he has a better arsenal in the low post with both hands then most centers in the league. His problem is guarding the perimeter, p&r defense. Also our team can’t shoot very well so defenses lag off the perimeter and clog the paint making it very tough for him to navigate. We are one of the worst shooting teams in the league as stats will back that up. It allows the defenses an advantage and post players a disadvantage. 

13 minutes ago, harley said:

Or what about Melvin Frazier Jnr? He’s lighting it up in G league. Can’t do worse than give him some minutes. You never know. I’d rather watch him (and Wes for that matter) develop than watch DJ and Ennis to be honest. 

Why not, but Wes has really earned it, plus he seems to be improving as a shooter and we certainly need that. I guess it depends what Wes’s future is with us.

I checked some draft boards today just to see where people estimate we will land. Most have us at #15

Here is who they project us taking:

• Josh Green (Arizona) - 6'5 G
  • Cole Anthony (UNC) - 6'3 G
  • Nico Mannion (Arizona) - 6'3 G
  • Kira Lewis (Alabama) - 6'3 G
  • Tyrese Maxey (Kentucky) - 6'3 G

Part 1 - Potential Free Agents: Player Options

• Gordon Hayward (31.9 mil)
  • DeMar DeRozan (27.8 mil)
  • Otto Porter (26.6 mil)
  • Andre Drummond (25.4 mil)
  • Anthony Davis (25.4 mil)
  • Nicolas Batum (24 mil)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. (17.7 mil)
  • Evan Fournier (17 mil)
  • James Johnson (14.4 mil)
  • Kelly Olynyk (12.5 mil)
  • Tony Snell (11.5 mil)
  • Jerami Grant (9.1 mil)
  • Caldwell-Pope (8.2 mil)
  • Jabari Parker (6.5 mil)
  • Rodney Hood (5.8 mil)
  • Enes Kanter (4.8 mil)
  • JaMychal Green (4.8 mil)
  • Avery Bradley (4.8 mil)
  • Robin Lopez (4.8 mil)
  • JaVale McGee (4.1 mil)
  • Stanley Johnson (3.7 mil)
  • Wesley Matthews (2.6 mil)
  • Rajon Rondo (2.5 mil)
  • Austin Rivers (2.2 mil)
  • Willie Cauley-Stein (2.2 mil)
  • Mike Muscala (2.1 mil)
  • James Ennis (2 mil)
  • Mario Hezonja (1.8 mil)

Team Option:

• Bobby Portis (15 mil)
  • Marvin Bagley (7.9 mil)
  • De'Aaron Fox (5.5 mil)
  • Garrett Temple (4.7 mil)
  • Frank Kaminsky (4.7 mil)
  • Cheick Diallo (1.6 mil)
  • Mykhailiuk (1.4 mil)
  • Theo Pinson (1.4 mil)
  • Semi Ojeleye (1.4 mil)
  • Abdel Nader (1.3 mil)
  • Melvin Frazier (1.2 mil)
  • Hamidou Diallo (1.1 mil)
  • Deonte Burton (784k)

18 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Absolutely! and most experts will agree that he has a better arsenal in the low post with both hands then most centers in the league. His problem is guarding the perimeter, p&r defense. Also our team can’t shoot very well so defenses lag off the perimeter and clog the paint making it very tough for him to navigate. We are one of the worst shooting teams in the league as stats will back that up. It allows the defenses an advantage and post players a disadvantage. 

This year he is in the bottom quartile, with a 40% FG% when posting up.

Last year he was in the 50th percentile with a 49% FG% on post ups.

In the 2018 season, he was again in the bottom quartile with a 40% FG% on post ups.

In 2017, he just missed the bottom quartile, with a 44.6 FG%.

2016 was the only year he posted good numbers in the post, just squeezing into the top quartile (75.6 %tile), with a 50% FG%.

While he has a variety of moves, the moves don't seem to create positive offensive production. He is not a good post player.

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Vuc was good in the post early in his career. If you watch him try and post now he regularly gets pushed off the block or shoots an ineffective hook shot that regularly clanks off the rim. He also used to dominate the offensive boards but you don’t see him grabbing those effectively either anymore. Vuc has been reduced to a midrange and 3 point shooting center which he doesn’t do either of those things at an elite level. He’s an average center making All Star money.

Part 2 - Potential Free Agents: Restricted

• Bogdan Bogdanovic (9 mil)
  • Brandon Ingram (6 mil)
  • Kris Dunn (4.3 mil)
  • Allonzo Trier (3.4 mil)
  • Jakob Poeltl (3 mil)
  • Thon Maker (3 mil)
  • Dario Saric (2.6 mil)
  • Denzel Valentine (2.4 mil)
  • Torrey Craig (2 mil)
  • Malik Beasley (2 mil)
  • DeAndre Bembry (1.8 mil)
  • Jordan Bell (1.6 mil)
  • Skal Labissiere (1.5 mil)
  • Damian Jones (1.5 mil)
  • Wenyen Gabriel (1.4 mil)
  • Brad Wanamaker (1.4 mil)
  • Dewan Hernandez (1.3 mil)
  • Damyean Dotson (1.3 mil)
  • Wes Iwundu (1.3 mil)
  • Dwayne Bacon (1.2 mil)
  • Sterling Brown (1.2 mil)
  • Frank Jackson (1.2 mil)
  • DeAnthony Melton (1.1 mil)
  • Jevon Carter (1.1 mil)
  • Alize Johnson (1.1 mil)
  • Kenrich Williams (1.1 mil)
  • Chris Boucher (1 mil)
  • Malcom Miller (1 mil)
  • Shaquielle Harrison (898k)
  • Rayjon Tucker (578k)
  • Gary Clark (555k)

More listed here but with no salary/stats, probably either not on a team or a 2way

7 minutes ago, Odin said:

This year he is in the bottom quartile, with a 40% FG% when posting up.

Last year he was in the 50th percentile with a 49% FG% on post ups.

In the 2018 season, he was again in the bottom quartile with a 40% FG% on post ups.

In 2017, he just missed the bottom quartile, with a 44.6 FG%.

2016 was the only year he posted good numbers in the post, just squeezing into the top quartile (75.6 %tile), with a 50% FG%.

While he has a variety of moves, the moves don't seem to create positive offensive production. He is not a good post player.

Thanks! I'm at work and didn't have time to find the actual numbers.