Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah, I agree. I would love to have MCW be some of the energy and grit off the bench. He's okay getting 10-20 minutes a game too. 

I really hope the Magic don't extend Fournier (unless they plan on doing a sign & trade). We need scoring on the bench poorly. There is a reason Ross is having to drop 31 and we barely beat the TWolves...because our offense is not consistent enough. 

Yeah, I know I keep saying it, but I’m so frustrated that we didn’t wind up with Beasley and Juancho. 

What are the odds that Brooklyn lets Joe Harris go if someone throws a heavy contract at him? With Kyrie and KD coming back next season, they'll probably move Dinwiddie to the SG spot and possibly move either Harris or Prince to the bench. If we could promise him a starting position, maybe he'd take less money in Orlando? Fultz, Harris, Issac, Gordon, Vuc?

Just trying to think of potential replacements for Fournier. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

What are the odds that Brooklyn lets Joe Harris go if someone throws a heavy contract at him? With Kyrie and KD coming back next season, they'll probably move Dinwiddie to the SG spot and possibly move either Harris or Prince to the bench. If we could promise him a starting position, maybe he'd take less money in Orlando? Fultz, Harris, Issac, Gordon, Vuc?

Just trying to think of potential replacements for Fournier. 

I feel like joe is going to be a perfect complimentary player to KD and Kyrie so I don’t see them moving him 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jec said:

I feel like joe is going to be a perfect complimentary player to KD and Kyrie so I don’t see them moving him 

Yeah but you have Dinwiddie, Harris, LaVert, and Prince. That's a lot of pieces to fit around Irving/KD/Allen. I mean, maybe they pull a Boston and just hold all the pieces together. Maybe you throw Harris/Dinwiddie in that group? Irving/Dinwiddie/Harris/KD/Allen? 

Again, just trying to think of pieces for the Magic to slide in at SG. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah but you have Dinwiddie, Harris, LaVert, and Prince. That's a lot of pieces to fit around Irving/KD/Allen. I mean, maybe they pull a Boston and just hold all the pieces together. Maybe you throw Harris/Dinwiddie in that group? Irving/Dinwiddie/Harris/KD/Allen? 

We do need more shooting 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

"4" is a pointless term. You have to stop looking at guys like pegs that can only fit one hole. 

We spend most of our time lately getting Gordon switched onto smaller defenders so he can use his size and strength to get them to the rim. That doesn't change with Isaac in the lineup. 

What does is our spacing. The success of Gordon and Isaac as a pair is dependent on both guys being league average shooters at worst. That's why it looked great the end of last year when both guys were hitting threes and it looked bad at times this year when both guys weren't. 

This version of Gordon hitting 40% of his threes is literally the ideal match for Isaac because Gordon is built to handle the heavier stronger opponents where Isaac isn't. And Isaac covers a bunch of Gordon's weaknesses. And it sets up a situation where if Gordon is defended by 3s he can take guys to the rim but if they decide to put their 3 on Isaac he can get to his spots and shoot over them as a 6'6, 6'7 guy typically can't contest his release. 

Neither guy is "better at the 4". Both are just mismatch hunters who need spacing to make that happen. 

That’s a good argument if Gordon keeps hitting 3s.

4 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Dinwiddie is definitely off of the bench/traded in that scenario. 

TWolves just cut Allen Crabbe. Any interest in signing? He was pretty good before he was injured a few years back. Maybe, like Fultz and hopefully Ennis, a low stress environment might help him recover and give us some offense off the bench?