Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

11 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

No. Iwundu won't be on the team next year. Okeke will need to earn his time. Aminu is depth and can be traded if needed. JI and AG are our starters. 

I suppose if you make all your assumptions you could be right, but JI and AG are still both best suited at the 4.

39 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I just don’t see how they’d keep all the forwards. I can see a scenario in which they keep AG, JI and Okeke for another year and see how it plays out. 

There're 96 minutes available in both forward spots. Even if you give 10+ minutes to a fourth player, there're still 80+ minutes available, something like a 30+30+20 distribuition. (Bamba is in his second year and he's averaging only 16)

Also:

- Okeke has not played a single minute yet, and we really don't know how he'll work out, even if we're hopeful.

- Isaac is injured quite often, unfortunately.

- In a perfect world (and also in playoffs) we could/should play all of them together in a no-center "death lineup".

You always find space for good talent or good impact players. Honestly, there're a lot of other problems that worries me a lot more than that one.

10 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

There're 96 minutes available in both forward spots. Even if you give 10+ minutes to a fourth player, there're still 80+ minutes available, something like a 30+30+20 distribuition. (Bamba is in his second year and he's averaging only 16)

Also:

- Okeke has not played a single minute yet, and we really don't know how he'll work out, even if we're hopeful.

- Isaac is injured quite often, unfortunately.

- In a perfect world (and also in playoffs) we could/should play all of them together in a no-center "death lineup".

You always find space for good talent or good impact players. Honestly, there're a lot of other problems that worries me a lot more than that one.

Chemistry is a very real thing. 

I’ll give you the Okeke point. 

According to HoopsHype, here is what our depth chart looks like

PG - Fultz, DJ

SG - Fournier, MCW, Iwundu, BJ Johnson (2W)

SF - Ennis, Ross, Frazier, Vic Law (2W)

PF - AG, Clark, Aminu (+), Issac (+)

C - Vuc, Bamba, Birch

Also according to HoopsHype, our team could look drastically different next season. 

Coming off the books this year - DJ, MCW, Iwundu, Amile Jefferson, Gary Clark, CJ Watson (??), Josh Magette, BJ, Vic...and potentially Ennis and Fournier and Frazier depending on how the team/player options shake out. That is roughly 34 mil coming off the books if the players don't opt in. 

As long as the Magic commit to Fultz/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba as the future...I'll be fine. I'm so ready for Bamba to get his shot at being a starter. He may not be ready but his minutes definitely need to increase. He seems to play better as his minutes go up. 

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Hey if Evan picks up his player option for next year. How long can it be until we trade him?

I believe there wouldn’t be a wait because it wouldn’t count as a re-signing or a new contract, it’d just be a continuation of his current contract. Now, if we extend him, that’s a whole different story.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

According to HoopsHype, here is what our depth chart looks like

PG - Fultz, DJ

SG - Fournier, MCW, Iwundu, BJ Johnson (2W)

SF - Ennis, Ross, Frazier, Vic Law (2W)

PF - AG, Clark, Aminu (+), Issac (+)

C - Vuc, Bamba, Birch

Also according to HoopsHype, our team could look drastically different next season. 

Coming off the books this year - DJ, MCW, Iwundu, Amile Jefferson, Gary Clark, CJ Watson (??), Josh Magette, BJ, Vic...and potentially Ennis and Fournier and Frazier depending on how the team/player options shake out. That is roughly 34 mil coming off the books if the players don't opt in. 

As long as the Magic commit to Fultz/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba as the future...I'll be fine. I'm so ready for Bamba to get his shot at being a starter. He may not be ready but his minutes definitely need to increase. He seems to play better as his minutes go up. 

I don’t expect DJ back, I do expect MCW to get a long term deal to stay, really not sure about any of the prospects. CJ Watson is on there because we stretched him when we waived him so his contracts been hitting our books for the last few years and is finally coming off.

2 hours ago, IrishCelticHater said:

I just don’t see how they’d keep all the forwards. I can see a scenario in which they keep AG, JI and Okeke for another year and see how it plays out. 

JI can play the 5 for some stretches

3 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I suppose if you make all your assumptions you could be right, but JI and AG are still both best suited at the 4.

"4" is a pointless term. You have to stop looking at guys like pegs that can only fit one hole. 

We spend most of our time lately getting Gordon switched onto smaller defenders so he can use his size and strength to get them to the rim. That doesn't change with Isaac in the lineup. 

What does is our spacing. The success of Gordon and Isaac as a pair is dependent on both guys being league average shooters at worst. That's why it looked great the end of last year when both guys were hitting threes and it looked bad at times this year when both guys weren't. 

This version of Gordon hitting 40% of his threes is literally the ideal match for Isaac because Gordon is built to handle the heavier stronger opponents where Isaac isn't. And Isaac covers a bunch of Gordon's weaknesses. And it sets up a situation where if Gordon is defended by 3s he can take guys to the rim but if they decide to put their 3 on Isaac he can get to his spots and shoot over them as a 6'6, 6'7 guy typically can't contest his release. 

Neither guy is "better at the 4". Both are just mismatch hunters who need spacing to make that happen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t expect DJ back, I do expect MCW to get a long term deal to stay, really not sure about any of the prospects. CJ Watson is on there because we stretched him when we waived him so his contracts been hitting our books for the last few years and is finally coming off.

Yeah, I agree. I would love to have MCW be some of the energy and grit off the bench. He's okay getting 10-20 minutes a game too. 

I really hope the Magic don't extend Fournier (unless they plan on doing a sign & trade). We need scoring on the bench poorly. There is a reason Ross is having to drop 31 and we barely beat the TWolves...because our offense is not consistent enough.