Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Toronto. I think we can get a few games from them. Boston we probably get 1 at the most. 

We can win a series against all of them with J.I. without him maybe nick a game or 2. My personal opinion

2 hours ago, jjgator said:

YouTube TV is dropping Fox Regional Sports. I just renewed, they should allow users to cancel and get a refund. I sent them an email complaining. Hulu Live TV now I guess.

Thanks for the heads up jj. I unsubscribed back in December, 2019.

A couple of years ago, I subscribed to YouTube TV to watch sports on my tablet when I am out of state.

In order for me to keep the subscription, I tried to reduce the cost of cable and other household expenses (between my vacation home in Maryland (Comcast) and my primary home here in Florida (Spectrum), but those 2 cable companies didn't want to help much in shaving the fat. I was not able to watch the Magic while I was in Maryland without a streaming service. 

I had Hulu before subscribing to YouTube TV. Hulu is okay but I preferred YouTube TV.

I was considering resubscribing, but I'm glad I didn't.

Thanks again.

21 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I think a lot of Gordon’s issues are mental. He obviously has all the tools, but has a tendency to push sometimes and then it doesn’t work and he gets out of sync.

on another note Evan is making it very difficult not to resign him.

I was thinking to myself the other day that since it seems like AG starts raining in 3's in the 4th that maybe if AG ran about 100 wind sprints before a game, it would help him settle in faster (j/k). He has so much energy and stamina that it seems like his shots fall more easily when he is a little winded. Seriously, though, his shot seems to be more consistent throughout the game, lately, and he's playing like we all hoped he eventually would. I hope he keeps it up because I don't really want us to trade him this off-season. 

I wasn't initially a big believer that being slighted again in the dunk contest would have a significant impact on Gordon's in game play.  I'm starting to come around.  By all accounts he is a very nice person who is able to fit in well in a team setting by finding and filling an open niche.  If being slighted in the dunk contest ticked him of sufficiently to give an edge to his personality, to make him believe he can't rely on people to give him what he has earned, to motivate him to attempt to impose his will on the Magic and the NBA in general, we may look back at that dunk contest and have to pat D-Wade on the back for finally breaking Gordon out of his shell and making him the player the Magic hoped he could be.

Hulu has FSFLA. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I wasn't initially a big believer that being slighted again in the dunk contest would have a significant impact on Gordon's in game play.  I'm starting to come around.  By all accounts he is a very nice person who is able to fit in well in a team setting by finding and filling an open niche.  If being slighted in the dunk contest ticked him of sufficiently to give an edge to his personality, to make him believe he can't rely on people to give him what he has earned, to motivate him to attempt to impose his will on the Magic and the NBA in general, we may look back at that dunk contest and have to pat D-Wade on the back for finally breaking Gordon out of his shell and making him the player the Magic hoped he could be.

Hulu has FSFLA. 

Right after the dunk contest, another poster commented that losing the way AG did, he might go off after the all-star break and play like a man on a mission. . .(I can't remember the exact words.)

While watching AG and his performance in the game Wednesday night, I was thinking that the loss in the dunk contest was the spark that has upped his game.

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hulu has FSFLA. 

As I mentioned previously, I subscribed to Hulu Live before switching to Youtube TV. Hulu was okay for streaming live programs in general, but it did not stream some of the sporting events.

For example, I am a fan of the Magic, FSU, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Sometimes FSU and Tampa Bay games were blacked out on Hulu. I had to use the box score to follow the games.

I subscribed to Hulu to watch sports only--nothing else. It became too expensive ($54/mo) when I used it to watch sports only 4 months out of the year.

Edit:  When I first subscribed to Hulu a couple of years ago, it was $49.99/mo for Hulu Live. Last year, they increased the price to $54/mo.

Are you sure they were blacked out.  Maybe Hulu was doing you a favor stopping you from wasting your time on terrible football when better entertainment choices exist. 

Then again, Hulu has let me watch the Magic games this season without a problem (lord knows there are better entertainment choices at times) and with as many empty seats as the Seminoles and Bucs have had in recent seasons, they probably were simply blacked-out.  Maybe it was Hulu rejecting all things Winston.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Are you sure they were blacked out.  Maybe Hulu was doing you a favor stopping you from wasting your time on terrible football when better entertainment choices exist. 

Then again, Hulu has let me watch the Magic games this season without a problem (lord knows there are better entertainment choices at times) and with as many empty seats as the Seminoles and Bucs have had in recent seasons, they probably were simply blacked-out.  Maybe it was Hulu rejecting all things Winston.

Hey Wilbur, we will keep this as a friendly discussion, right?  :)

First, should Hulu include the Magic in your comment above?  *See the bolded sentence.*   - :)

Second, I always get the Magic games on Hulu, but I love FSU and Tampa Bay too, and sometimes their games were blacked out.

I have been a fan of FSU for years, even BEFORE Deion Sanders, Bobby Bowden and Charlie Ward.

Initially, I was a fan of the Dallas Cowboys long before Emmett Smith. Even though he was a Gator, I liked him as a Cowboy.

I have been a Tampa Bay Fan off and on, going back to quarterbacks Doug Williams, Daunte Culpper, and Jameis Winston.

Final Note:

First, as many of you know, I am a female and I am black. I fell in love with all of the teams I mentioned first. All of the names I mentioned were/are very good at their sport and I root for them (all black) because I did not see that when I was growing up many, many years ago. So, please don't say I'm racist.

Second, I watched Winston play at FSU since he became starting quarterback. The team won the national championship in his first year and made it to the playoffs in his second year. Since being drafted by the Buccaneers, not all fans welcomed him there. Sure, he had a lot of interceptions, but he also did not get much help in other areas of the team, especially the offensive line and guys running the wrong route.

There is a poster on the Tampa Bay Message Board that keep referring to Jameis as "rappey" every time he or some other posters  mention Jameis. That is so wrong!

PLEASE, LET'S NOT START A 'WAR OF WORDS' ON THIS OFF TOPIC! THANK YOU.

Edit: Hey Wilbur, I gave you an up vote previously (the AG part of your post). I ought to take it back. /just kidding  :)

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hey Wilbur, we will keep this as a friendly discussion, right?  :)

First, should Hulu include the Magic in your comment above?  *See the bolded sentence.*   - :)

Second, I always get the Magic games on Hulu, but I love FSU and Tampa Bay too, and sometimes their games were blacked out.

I have been a fan of FSU for years, even BEFORE Deion Sanders, Bobby Bowden and Charlie Ward.

Initially, I was a fan of the Dallas Cowboys long before Emmett Smith. Even though he was a Gator, I liked him as a Cowboy.

I have been a Tampa Bay Fan off and on, going back to quarterbacks Doug Williams, Daunte Culpper, and Jameis Winston.

Final Note:

First, as many of you know, I am a female and I am black. I fell in love with all of the teams I mentioned first. All of the names I mentioned were/are very good at their sport and I root for them (all black) because I did not see that when I was growing up many, many years ago. So, please don't say I'm racist.

Second, I watched Winston play at FSU since he became starting quarterback. The team won the national championship in his first year and made it to the playoffs in his second year. Since being drafted by the Buccaneers, not all fans welcomed him there. Sure, he had a lot of interceptions, but he also did not get much help in other areas of the team, especially the offensive line and guys running the wrong route.

There is a poster on the Tampa Bay Message Board that keep referring to Jameis as "rappey" every time he or some other posters  mention Jameis. That is so wrong!

PLEASE, LET'S NOT START A 'WAR OF WORDS' ON THIS OFF TOPIC! THANK YOU.

Edit: Hey Wilbur, I gave you an up vote previously (the AG part of your post). I ought to take it back. /just kidding  :)

you're kind of annoying

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rekraprovert said:

you're kind of annoying

Okay, rekrapovert. So I'll just stop posting since I'm annoying to you or anyone else.

I will stop doing the game thread starters too, so if anyone else wants to do them, you're welcome to do them. I did not mean to be a "game thread starter hogger".

You have a nice day.

• Downvote 1