Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Mostly because Luka doesn't suck.

Except at defense

Which is important in the playoffs 

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Tatum for the Celtics is becoming a SUPERSTAR. He is so so good. A joy to watch

This was always so obvious. Before the draft almost every talking head said he was the most NBA ready and  special on offense. Guy just put in the work, that is what it takes, but you need the talent also.  Anyhow so many teams slumping it would be a great time for a winning streak, go Magic.

7 hours ago, jec said:

Except at defense

Which is important in the playoffs 

Most young players don't play great defense, it's why vets become so important in the playoffs.

I know there is a sample size argument, but going back to a previous discussion about whether it is good for the team if Gordon takes more shots...

Gordon's minutes have gone up every month and he is up to 36.6 minutes a game in February.  The increased minutes have him taking 15.1 shots a game in the 10 February games.  The Magic are 5-5 and Gordon has led them in scoring in 3 of those 5 wins.  He only took 15 shots or more on 5 occasions and the Magic went 3-2.  Gordon led the Magic in scoring in 4 out of the 5.  Only 2 out of those 5 games did he take the most shots (Magic went 1-1 when he took the most shots).

on the season buddy ball is averaging 31.2 shots per game.  In the February losses buddy ball accounted for an average of 31.2 shots per game.  In February wins they accounted for 32.6 shots per game. So it doesn't appear Gordon is getting the extra February shots at the expense of buddy ball.

Getting away from just February, in Magic wins this season, Gordon plays 2.2 minutes more per game and takes 1.2 shots more per game than when the Magic lose. 

My impression of Gordon is he is a great teammate willing to do the little things and defer to the vets.  That's the definition of a role player.  Role players are great and some of them have long careers, but there is a huge difference between being a role player and accepting the challenge of being accountable to the team for putting it on your back every night.  That's Gordon's next step in my opinion.  To do that he has to get the shots.   

I think a lot of Gordon’s issues are mental. He obviously has all the tools, but has a tendency to push sometimes and then it doesn’t work and he gets out of sync.

on another note Evan is making it very difficult not to resign him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I think a lot of Gordon’s issues are mental. He obviously has all the tools, but has a tendency to push sometimes and then it doesn’t work and he gets out of sync.

on another note Evan is making it very difficult not to resign him.

He's already signed. Its a matter of whether he "opts in" or not. If he opts out who knows what happens, but one of he or Vuc needs to go for this team to take the next step.

Bamba is making a pretty good case who needs to go.  I'm guessing you don't keep one without the other.  This team doesn't need a disillusioned vet presence. Try and put them both in position to compete for a title and turn the page to beating them to it. 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

He's already signed. Its a matter of whether he "opts in" or not. If he opts out who knows what happens, but one of he or Vuc needs to go for this team to take the next step.

Yeah, kinda expect him to opt out as he Will probably will get 20+ on the market if you look at similar stats of other players and considering his age.

Say we finish 7th, who do we all prefer? Toronto or Boston? I’ll go with Toronto. Although for were relying on Vooch again he would prob be best suited to Celts. Tough one 

2 minutes ago, harley said:

Say we finish 7th, who do we all prefer? Toronto or Boston? I’ll go with Toronto. Although for were relying on Vooch again he would prob be best suited to Celts. Tough one 

Toronto. I think we can get a few games from them. Boston we probably get 1 at the most. 

YouTube TV is dropping Fox Regional Sports. I just renewed, they should allow users to cancel and get a refund. I sent them an email complaining. Hulu Live TV now I guess.

6 hours ago, magicblue said:

Nah, Vuc needs to be gone for this team to take the next step. Evan coming back or not doesn’t change the fact that we have to move on from Vucevic this offseason and unlock the next step of the growth.