Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I just don’t know what a package for him would look like. It would almost certainly have to include Gordon, Fournier and a ton of picks

https://tradenba.com/trades/Y87gYbMlG

plus our pick or something to make it palliative (lol) palatable for washington to start over?

24 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I just don’t know what a package for him would look like. It would almost certainly have to include Gordon, Fournier and a ton of picks

Oh I thought he was a free agent. Nevermind.

22 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That isn't anything near enough.

Well there's a lot of considerations there, I know what you're saying though.

We can't get a read on what Washington's stance is on their future as they seem disorientated most of the time... do they keep going through the same stuff or clear house? I don't know, Gasol won't be on the books for long, they get a pick and Boucher isn't a bad youngster. I wouldn't have a clue who would give more if he made the Wizards uncomfortable. But at the moment they have no real incentive.

My idea was just something that could work that would work for us, work for Toronto (they'd get a bit younger and only give up Boucher) and they can be out from under Beal's extension by Gasol being off the books really soon if they can figure out how else to reset.

48 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

There is no reason for them to deal Beal. Not yet. Let's move on.

Course not. It is curious though if his comment about back to back 50 pt games making him feel like s*** because he's "a winner" and he keeps losing is a preface for what's to come.

18 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Course not. It is curious though if his comment about back to back 50 pt games making him feel like s*** because he's "a winner" and he keeps losing is a preface for what's to come.

I hope so for his sake. He deserves a better situation.

13 minutes ago, jec said:

I hope so for his sake. He deserves a better situation.

Absolutely, and I thought he was a little older than he is too, still 26 for the moment. And making the reports of him never playing more than 30mpg and missing tonnes of games seem like a millenia ago

8 hours ago, jec said:

Oh I thought he was a free agent. Nevermind.

Even if he was a free agent, unfortunately we will not have cap space at all this summer.

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

There's no way Washington would ever trade beal within the division

Yeah, he’ll wind up out West, if they even move him. Him re-signing when he did is still super head scratching to me. What’d he think was gonna happen?!

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

There's no way Washington would ever trade beal within the division

Is this for any practical reason or just out of principle/optics? I get why you don't want to trade a guy to a division rival in the NFL.  In the NBA is there any major detriment other than the 3rd criterion of a two-team playoff tiebreaker (higher win % in division)?  If not, that doesn't seem like a huge risk.