Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

You know what will kill 2 birds with one stone? Trade Vuc for a 'worse' center (who will actually be better for us as a team) that runs the floor and plays solid D and is on a good contract. Because we are trading the 'better' player, we can ask for a pick or a good young piece to develop as well. Can stack some assets to go after a disgruntled SG if one comes up this off season with Evan being part of that deal.

Not to be a Bamba homer, but I think Bamba is exactly that guy. The running the floor comes and goes, and he has improvement to do on the offensive end, but he’s an elite defensive center who fits much better in a up-tempo, Fultz centric offense.

We just need to unload Vuc. Addition by subtraction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m still confused by the Ennis trade. Maybe not by itself, but the fact that it was our only move. We desperately need somebody else on this team that can play the 4 other than Aaron. I know Weltman was asked about it after the deadline and say something to the extent of we have 4s, they’re just hurt. But neither of those guys are due back this year, so why not make a move for a solid vet 4 on an expiring deal (like Marvin Williams before he got bought out?). Did he think we’d be players in the buyout market? Because that would be extremely misguided, buyout players worth a damn only go to title contenders nowadays. Not addressing the backup 4 issue and still playing a game primarily based around Vucevic and Fournier is not fully competing now and also not fully going in on a youth movement. I honestly have no idea what these guys are doing.

15 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Is it a coincidence that Bamba has his worst game when DJ returns to the lineup?

Probably a coincidence. We’re 5-25 (Sixers twice, Lakers, Heat, Grizzlies) against teams with winning records. I’m more worried about those splits.

52 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Not to be a negative nelly, but I don’t see Bamba as an elite center what so ever nor do I think he will evolve into one. He’s a role player....

According to advanced stats, he’s already an elite defender. He’s able to space the floor. As he gets stronger, he’ll be able to carve out more offensive rebounds. That’s all we really need out of our center once we trade Vuc.

5-25 against winning teams 16.7% winning percentage

19-7 against losing teams 73% winning percentage

We stay at this pace with 17 games left against losing teams we’d go 12-5 and with 9 left against winning teams we’d go 2-7 or 1-8. Which would have us around 37-45 or 38-44 for the season. We’re 99% gonna make the playoffs, the 7 seed will be determined by how the last 3 head to heads with the Nets go

1 hour ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

According to advanced stats, he’s already an elite defender. He’s able to space the floor. As he gets stronger, he’ll be able to carve out more offensive rebounds. That’s all we really need out of our center once we trade Vuc.

Proof that advanced stats prove nada zilch nothing whatsoever!!!!!!

• Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Nope the good ole eye test tells us he is nowhere near to contributing positively on a nightly basis. A lot of it is strength training and hope he adds tons of muscle/weight over the summer. Maybe even learn a post move or two to be more effective down low instead of always losing the ball when he puts it on the floor. 

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Not by themselves. But they still are a useful tool.

12 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Nope the good ole eye test tells us he is nowhere near to contributing positively on a nightly basis. A lot of it is strength training and hope he adds tons of muscle/weight over the summer. Maybe even learn a post move or two to be more effective down low instead of always losing the ball when he puts it on the floor. 

Bamba should never be in the post lol. That’s not his game. Shots around the basket, put backs and threes are the only shots Bamba should be taking.

When’s the last time you’ve seen Gobert dominate in the post? That’s not his game.