Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

On the brightside, we'll get to see if I was completely wrong about how Birch's energy impacts the team

How would you even measure this?

Our energy has been great this season regardless of who's in the game. Defense has been absurdly good. Lineups are super fast paced whenever Vucevic is out of the game. The difference between who we are today and "oh my God the magic are elite" is Ross shooting 4-15 on open threes instead of the 7-15 he should have hit and Gordon playing at a level below competence on offense. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Eh, that trade was always about having an asset. If he plays all year and shows no improvement i would be slightly worried. They have a year and a half to bring his value up.

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

How would you even measure this?

Our energy has been great this season regardless of who's in the game. Defense has been absurdly good. Lineups are super fast paced whenever Vucevic is out of the game. The difference between who we are today and "oh my God the magic are elite" is Ross shooting 4-15 on open threes instead of the 7-15 he should have hit and Gordon playing at a level below competence on offense. 

Yeah Ross missing shots is easy to figure out, Gordon's play is hard to understand. If they played even close to how they played last year, probably 4-0.

Ross is 10/42 this year. Let that sink in. He doesn’t need to jack up hail Mary’s every time, he’s as athletic as anyone and his mid range game is good. Strange player. Not sure why has the green light to just jack up shot after shot. He really is a team killer. Cliff should put him in for 2 minutes at end of each quarter and he misses first couple pull him. He’s more cold than hot and it’s killing us. 

17 minutes ago, harley said:

Ross is 10/42 this year. Let that sink in. He doesn’t need to jack up hail Mary’s every time, he’s as athletic as anyone and his mid range game is good. Strange player. Not sure why has the green light to just jack up shot after shot. He really is a team killer. Cliff should put him in for 2 minutes at end of each quarter and he misses first couple pull him. He’s more cold than hot and it’s killing us. 

He's 2-10 on mid-range shots. 

Food for thought: Just a quick look at our record so far. What I find interesting is our opponent's points. Against the Hawks, we were in the game until the very end where we seemed to lose focus on defense and when what's his face caught fire there was nothing we could do to stop him. With the Raptors, it looked like in the beginning that they were going to run away with it, but thanks to JI and others on defense we made a game of it, but couldn't really hang when Lowry got hot. IMO, both games were winnable but we just got a little sloppy on defense and guys made some great shots. Another thing I find interesting is our offensive production. Yes, we are down from last year (averaged 103.4), but it's only -7 points. I realize that's a lot, but overall I think it will get better as guys feel more comfortable. In the no surprise here summary, offensive production is low, we are dead last in the league, but basically the same for all of our games. Should improve with Fultz and when we all get in sync. When the defense is stellar (we are currently ranked 2nd), like against the Cavaliers and the Knicks, we pull out the win. However, It could be a problem in the future because there are 15 teams that average more than 110 points a game (yikes!) and we are ranked 11th in net rating. 

Magic_31Oct19a.PNG.a3e6b2f1f6c904ec96055e7e23220bda.PNG

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think if I was going to make a Birch vs Bamba argument I would focus on screen assists vs perceived energy. 

Let’s do that then, since you obviously can’t “measure” energy. Sounds good

15 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Let’s do that then, since you obviously can’t “measure” energy. Sounds good

That plus his own gross production.